Agree with me?

rrr

Reaction score
We have read many topics, some of which are like, which's the best race? "zerg's the weakest" "tanks rules!"

I have read so many comments, so of which do not really mean anything. E.g like comparing 1 zealot can kill 5 zerglings and how 1 muta can own all zealots but can 1 zealot kill 5 hydra?

Well in my perspective, they sound like unfair comparisons, cause similarly one scout can take out all zerglings and can one zerg take out 5 dragoons. I mean i can go on with the list... Tanks owns zealots cause the cost of building tanks v zealots is more economical and so on...

What are we all trying to say?

That, we are constantly debating who's better at words?

Well i guess, the summary is that Starcraft or perhaps Broodwar is such a balanced RTS game that anyone who plays it has so many different opinions on them. It is so balanced, anything in the game can be countered.
Agree with me, that 24 carriers are the MOST powerful? Not so, in a zerg view where defliers wipe 1/3 their lives! Battle Cruiser rules? No a protoss, who said high templar can do the job. I could go on the list, and there will be some many views saying this is better, that is no good...

What i can truly say, if i may, with all due respects, experts out there, that a good combination of different forces mark victory.

There are just so many combination, so many ways to play the game, remember one thing in mind, scouting is information, if a player is massing something, dont counter him with the SAME type... BUT counter with the RIGHT type. (E.g mass zergs, do u mass zealots? or just create 4 mutas? 1 carrier, 1 wraith?) (I love this example more, Mass carriers, do u mass carriers too, or go for arbitor, stasis field?)

One more thing, is we like to post individual point of view, instead look toward team games, they truly define what starcraft, broodwar is all about, TEAMWORK!

Let us all enjoy the best of starcraft with team based games, where the best of each race combines to storm a front!

Instead of constant arguing, let us all congregrate and start persuading / spreading to our friends the wonders of starcraft, broodwar!

Cheers!
P/s Last note, 3 races, go figure it, one will definitely counter another and no one edges over another.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I agree with you, but I really can't contribute more to the thread, because you pretty much said it all. Good job, sums up my thoughts to a tee.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
When it's broken down, "it takes this many units to kill that" means absolutely nothing. Not only does the right combination of forces make the battle, but the way they are used can make it as well. A well-placed Stasis Field or group of Psi Storms can easily turn the tides against a player with mass-carriers. Likewise, a player who removes his injured carriers from battle before they die and targets an opponent's threatening spellcasters first will last longer. Starcraft is as much about "teamwork" as it is about individual organization, but remember: Starcraft, above all, is a true strategy game.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Theorycraft rules all, wouldn't you agree? Let people say stuff like that, half of thje time it ends up being funny brecause it's so ridiculous. ^^

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't believe units are superior over others, I believe unti are weaker than others.
E.G. the hydralisk = 1 pop. lol

Anyway, I short of agree with you. A lot of games are balanced well, not just SC. Diablo2 is balanced VERY well. There is no 1 build that can pwn all others. And there is no tactic that can't be countered.
I suppose it depends more on the players playing the game than the game itself.

Crimson-Shade

Member!
Reaction score
rrr said:
We have read many topics, some of which are like, which's the best race? "zerg's the weakest" "tanks rules!"

I have read so many comments, so of which do not really mean anything. E.g like comparing 1 zealot can kill 5 zerglings and how 1 muta can own all zealots but can 1 zealot kill 5 hydra?

Well in my perspective, they sound like unfair comparisons, cause similarly one scout can take out all zerglings and can one zerg take out 5 dragoons. I mean i can go on with the list... Tanks owns zealots cause the cost of building tanks v zealots is more economical and so on...

What are we all trying to say?

That, we are constantly debating who's better at words?

Well i guess, the summary is that Starcraft or perhaps Broodwar is such a balanced RTS game that anyone who plays it has so many different opinions on them. It is so balanced, anything in the game can be countered.
Agree with me, that 24 carriers are the MOST powerful? Not so, in a zerg view where defliers wipe 1/3 their lives! Battle Cruiser rules? No a protoss, who said high templar can do the job. I could go on the list, and there will be some many views saying this is better, that is no good...

What i can truly say, if i may, with all due respects, experts out there, that a good combination of different forces mark victory.

There are just so many combination, so many ways to play the game, remember one thing in mind, scouting is information, if a player is massing something, dont counter him with the SAME type... BUT counter with the RIGHT type. (E.g mass zergs, do u mass zealots? or just create 4 mutas? 1 carrier, 1 wraith?) (I love this example more, Mass carriers, do u mass carriers too, or go for arbitor, stasis field?)

One more thing, is we like to post individual point of view, instead look toward team games, they truly define what starcraft, broodwar is all about, TEAMWORK!

Let us all enjoy the best of starcraft with team based games, where the best of each race combines to storm a front!

Instead of constant arguing, let us all congregrate and start persuading / spreading to our friends the wonders of starcraft, broodwar!

Cheers!
P/s Last note, 3 races, go figure it, one will definitely counter another and no one edges over another.
i don't see your point. was there some dispute with someone else that your trying to smooth over or is it just an observation?

Zmoney

Reaction score
What the hell?

Since when could one zergling take out 5 dragoons. If so I think Im playing Zerg Wrong.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Zsquared said:
What the hell?

Since when could one zergling take out 5 dragoons. If so I think Im playing Zerg Wrong.
i know they own 1v1 no sure if possible if it was liek that

rrr

Reaction score
It''s just an observation, i hope i dint sound too angry.

Cheers

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Your opinion is quite welcome.

Yes, it's known that theorycrafting is not the best way to play the game. And I totally agree with you when you say that team games are better than one on ones.

rrr

Reaction score
Please Read this first...

http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=89199&highlight=zerg+race

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What i am saying is that the person mentioning the fact (Zerglings? I once killed 5 lings with one zealot.
one guradian can kill a horde of zealots, but can your 1 zealot kill 5 hydralisks? )
is like saying:

cause similarly one scout can take out all zerglings and can one zerg take out 5 dragoons.

I hope u understand, i am trying to paraphrase the same example, using protoss as the superior race this time.

Hope u understand, if it still gets unclear, that's the best i can say for now...

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wing Zero said:
i know they own 1v1 no sure if possible if it was liek that
1 zergling cannot beat 1 dragoon. 3 lings vs 1 dragoon, yeah.

wreckinball

Member!
Reaction score
starcraft,in my opinion, is a way better game than d2 when it comes to tactics and stradegy. if you have 3v3 zc lets say--and not a 20 min no rush--10 tops--- and it makes me laugh when they say 20min no rush experts only--- in 20 mins i could max unit anything anyways--- expert lol---- but back to the 3v3 zc nr 10---if you team with lets say a decent tank/bc guy and a carrier guy and you make lets say 3/3 hydras and guards ---- its all over---- guards+carriers or bcs= gg ---- for brood war i love those little terran flyin vessels that look like space shuttles---- i forgot the names of em---- but they rape air

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Maybe because Diablo II is an RPG while Starcraft happens to be a Real-time Strategy Game. :p

Diablo Games in general aren't made to comprise of any real strategies. Besides clicking and killing monsters. Duels would tae strategy if there wern't so many obvious counters to each cookie-cutter build out there to the point where everything can be countered just by switching characters. Sad really. :(

Phoenix is right. :D

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
rrr said:
One Zealot can't kill 5 Zerglings and certainly not 5 Hydralisks. Hydras are the ones that should be microing to avoid melee, you need alot of Zealots plus spell support (Storm/Maelstrom) to kill Hydras. Hydras out-manuevre Zealots hands down.

rrr said:
No one Zerg unit can take out 5 Dragoons on it's own, not even an Ultralisk.
Zealots own Tanks, and they are cheaper.

rrr said:
True. But this is where theorycraft comes into play, i may suggest a strategy or show a replay or state something that seems to be promoting the Protoss race, now someone else comes along and will just try and beat it down by just stating every counter to what i have suggested, and most of the time it's total crap and they are speaking out of their ass because what counters they are suggesting either are NEVER going to happen or they are just too hard to get and/or too hard to anticipate.

rrr said:
Well scouting can be difficult and if you do scout, but scout late and realise he is going Carriers/Arbs (Just to name a strat) when you have a nice ground PvP army (Lots of Zealots/Dragoons, light spell support) with almost full supply. I'm just saying that sometimes you just can't counter and those mass Carriers are the most powerful unit at that point in time. Every unit is powerful in it's own right.
And as for countering just a mass of any unit, i just go spells with cannon fodder.

rrr said:
So true, no teamwork equals a loss. I remember playing WC3 RoC with 3 mates, i was teamed with one of the best (Me and him were actually better than the other two, not to brag or nothin') but he creeped alone and attacked alone and did nothing with me. He knew how to play solo, just not with a partner. And for that, we lost.

Team based games are the best! I'm not that much of a fan when it comes to 1v1s.