About Marine:Lurker 1:1...

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
No it isn't.
First, you need stim and range( and even then lurks outrange marines.)
Then you need medics since your rines will, infact, die without them.

If you think you can scan, stim, a-click the lurker, then stim run away to dodge the lurker spine really quickly(and EASILY)then by all means, post a replay.

Don't get me wrong. I have heard it was done before, but neither of us are anywhere NEAR his level of play or creativity.
TrongaMonga said:
Well, all right, after trying it, I admit it to be not so easy. It is easy in theory, but in the game it isn't as easy. And, then again, not even pratical in a normal game

I'll leave the map I made if someone wants to try and post the replay
Actual thread: http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=84153
Is this the replay you guys been looking for?
I really didn't like tronga's map.
So I used my own map, with stim and up'd range like phoenix said above.

P.S. - Phoenix, long time no see, haven't seen you for like 2 yrs?
Did you miss me? :p If you still remember me that is...

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wassup a@... :wavey
How ya been? Nice to see you back in the sc forums.
As for the rep, yeah, that'll do. It does take some work for a rine(by itself to kill a lurk)

Edit: Has it really been 2 yrs? :confused: ????????

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I've tried one of those crazy micro maps, we had to kill 3 lurkers, with 3 marines, very challenging ><

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Hehe, phoenix I see you still alive and kicking, and decent posts of toss strategy as usual. ;)

Maybe not 2 years, a year and half I believe.
I quit SC a year ago, and decided to come back (really addictive game I must admit)
And geez, what the hell happened to sc forum???
Terran, Zerg, Toss, SC Utilities sections are all gone. and I barely see couple of posts per day :angry

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a@... said:
Hehe, phoenix I see you still alive and kicking, and decent posts about toss as usual. ;)

I quit SC a year ago, and decided to come back (really addictive game I must admit)
Terran, Zerg, Toss, SC Utilities sections are all gone. and I barely see couple of posts per day :angry
I don't know what happened, either. Since the down time of Battleforums, this forum(the sc one) suffered the most, in terms of posters. We've had new ones like PUMPKINHEAD, N_Edd, etc. Now I just do school/work and check these forums every now and then.

Eclipse_Hope

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
a@... said:
Hehe, phoenix I see you still alive and kicking, and decent posts of toss strategy as usual. ;)

Your right sc is very addicting i think i need like rehab do get away from that damn thing!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I know my map was very bugged :p

I had a fixed version of it, but I lost it.

Anyway, defeating a lurker with stim and upgraded range is not as hard as what I wanted to do. Without it.

And I know the SC forums have been down the hill... There is nothing I can do that will bring the members back, even though I am working on a few threads that may be helpful. If anyone has any suggestion, please do PM me with it.

As for tournaments, I also tried to make them, but there's just no bloody time now. University is a time sucker :(

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
I've seen some 1:1 tourneys, but will there ever be like 2:2 or 3:3@hunters (or others maps) for sc bf members?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
As I said, I don't have much time.

But if any member wants to organize a tournament, I'll be glad to sticky and announce it, as long as the rules and systems are acceptable.

master_hell

Reaction score
The marine vs lurker is challenging but fun :grunt

DIE!!!!!!!!
:shoot :yum