400 bucks to play the new final fantasy? i'll pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Jasmanian.com
Now, I wouldn't say that. But that is quite a bit of cash for one dang game. Roughly 200 bucks to start out for the year. Even though that I myself am STILL quite the Final Fantasy addict. ( I still play FF3 twice a week tee hee ) I don't think that I'll start this one up. It just seems to me they could have done this for a lil less money. If the price drops signifigantly I'll definatly buy it though.

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
So it takes up 7 gigs of space? Probably takes 24 hours to install. So when you buy the PS2 HD, they give you a choice, FFXI, or save games on it.

I love FF3,7,8,10, but I'm not gonna get 11.

Death_Noodle

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.noodledesigns.net
Originally posted by killerme
So it takes up 7 gigs of space? Probably takes 24 hours to install. So when you buy the PS2 HD, they give you a choice, FFXI, or save games on it.

I love FF3,7,8,10, but I'm not gonna get 11.
Originally posted by Akule
dont forget its 50 for the game and (im pretty sure) 100 for the hard drive. Also its 1399 a month.
ok people are confusing me and probly each other. First of all you do not need to buy the ps2 version of FFXI if you are buying the ps2 harddrive because the game comes Installed on the harddrive along with some game demos and a media player. the hard drive will cost about 99$ but i think its worth it cause ps2 owners will get some xbox features like the abilitys to save cd's to the playstation and not having to worry about your memory card being full cause of the lack of space. so for ps2 owners that would be 100 dollars for harddrive and game, 14$ a month thats 296, minus 14 for first month free 282$, plus you dont really need another character but why not? only 5$= 292$, think about that, 292 dollars for a whole year (for a year that isnt much)

Originally posted by
liqu1d_g0at

rofl, you people that waste your time and money playing the worst game ever... FF, that shit sucks, i wouldnt pay anything for that piece of shit, why pay to play a PoS game online, thats just bullshit, i understand online service for consoles because its new and stuff + its like a line for them, but playing to play online??? wtf thats really ****ing stupid
**** you, the final fantasy series is the best game series on the planet.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
u guys need to get ur facts straight b4 u post. the ONLY way it's available for ps2 is with the hard drive. hard drive costs $100 WITH final fantasy 11 already installed on it. it's $12.95 a month. first month is free, as well as the first character you make. extra only cost $1 more a month. say u have 2 characters. thats $13.95 a month. $253.45 the first year in total. if u dont have network adapter then thats still only $293.45. thats a lot less than what u were thinking. and lemme say something, i only get about $7 a week and my sister and i can still afford it. so no, u dont have to be "freaking rich" to afford it.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*Does mental math*

Yup, this thread is 4 months old. OGM IM SOO REBELLIOUS!!1

*Dies...

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Kaldaris
Id play it if it wasnt for the price. Yeh! WoW is the only MMORPG im getting.
You also gonna have to pay for it every month, but i am gonna get it too, hope its worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.