1v7c Time Attack

Yumiko

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How fast can you win 1v7c on a moderately large single-chokepoint map such as "Scorpion Ravine"?

The first time I succeeded in beating 1v7c on that map, it took over two hours. But recently I managed to pull it off in just 58 minutes.

REPLAY: http://mint.aaanime.net/sc/1v7c Scorpion 58m.rep

As soon as I get my main defense up (depots, bunkers, tanks, turrets), I work on sending dropships full of tanks, goliaths, SCVs and a few medics to take the center expansions. Once I've taken the expansions, I'll have ample resources while the computer is running out and I build Battlecruisers, supported by Science Vessels and Goliaths and Tanks to destroy the enemy bases.

I wonder if it's possible to complete a 1v7c on that map significantly faster, though. In my replay, I've taken both center expansions before 30 minutes have elapsed (and I could have gotten them even faster had my macro been more efficient) while the computer is running out of resources, yet it took me another 30 minutes to beat the computer. Anyone else have 1v7c experience on this map?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I feel for ya, bro. That's all I gotta say.....

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Sakuhta was on your team.. no wonder. :)

I can't beat a computer backed up by 6 other computers if my StarCraft CD-Key depended on it. Well, I could on BGH, but probably not on Hunters. I'd make too sloppy a defense.