[Updated Guide] How to bot without Realm Down!

raDixGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gamers2k4.com
Well since the old one is getting old I will help you guys out on how to avoid the dreaded "Realm Down." This can be avoided pretty easy these days, just keep a step ahead of Blizzard at all times. :)

Step 1: New Sorc Char
First you will need a new sorc char, now this can be pretty cheap to pretty expensive depending which char you choose.

Now there are some GREAT char guides here at battleforums so to use them go here.

It is also GREATLY recommended that you get a merc and level yourself to at least 85. I would recommend getting an Act 5 merc, equip him some some good leach and resist gear, max resists is a must for merc.

If your guide doesnt say anything about a merc, i have a level 86 merc with Doombringer, Areats, ETH Gladiators Bane and it almost never dies. But you can choose, just make sure you have a merc that can live in bosses.

Step 2: Get D2JSP and Script(YAMB)
Now you need to get the actual bot, so go to www.d2jsp.com

Then get the YAMB script.

Okay now, i know setting up YAMB can be a little tedious, but if you really want a good bot, this is worth spending the time on. And as always remember read the "Read Me" before asking questions please.

In YAMB set it up so you are doing at least 3 bosses per game, and you minimum game length is 200 seconds.

Okay now go to your D2JSP Folder->Scripts->Autostarter.d2j file. In there you should find something like this
var createGameThreshold = 30000; // time in milliseconds to wait between making games
You should change that like shown above to 30000, this means to wait about 30 seconds in between everygame. Now you might ask "why the hell would you do that?" Well the answer is simple, you start your bot you go to sleep, but in the middle of the night your comp/internet starts getting really laggy and you keep exiting game due to life/ping issues. Blizzard notices these mess ups very carefully, and if you due to these unfortunate events create too many games, you will get a Realm Down. So as the saying goes, "better safe than sorry."

Step 3: BOT NOW!
Now you are done, bot your hearts out, and you will never get a realm down again.

And here is the old version if you still like it (Thanks to Starfish!!)
I have now found a method to bot without getting realm down/game does not exist that DOES NOT REQUIRE LONGASS delays! Since I got a few PM's asking me how to do this I decided to post this guide:

What you will need:

-Strong Merc
Very important! He needs to be able to stand against Meph Hell! My merc is a Holy Freeze Act 2 Hireling, he has got 1600 life, 40% damage reduced and 75/74/74/45 Resis in Hell (Shaft with PR, Rockstopper, Bonehew). He basiclly never dies (although he consumes like 6 HP-Pots each Meph Run). Don't use the moat trick since it won't work when using a merc, and killing Pindle Hell without merc is difficult enough. Strong merc = required!

-Decent Sorc
I suggest using the old Tals Set + Occu + Lidless combo. My sorc is a LvL 82 Blizzard sorc (recommended!) with 1000 life, 750 mana, 2.8k damage and 50/19/19/-21 Resis in Hell. She's only got 250%MF though since I still haven't got a Shako+Tals Amu -.-*

-D2JSP
The best bot around, can be ->bought<- at www.d2jsp.com! This won't work without D2JSP!

-Dae's Multibot
Can be found at www.d2jsp.com as well! (Free)

-D2JSP Assistant
Very useful D2JSP tool! With this tool you can use multiple D2JSP bots at once and it has got some new features. Required for this to work, can be downloaded at www.blizzhackers.com! (Free)

Short Step-By-Step Guide:

1. Download and setup D2JSP!
2. Download D2JSP assistant and set it up, www.blizzhackers.com has got a tutorial for it if you need.
3. Download Dae's Multibot and set it up to fit your sorc (Edit Dae_Multi_Set.d2j)

(In case you can't get this too work PM me or post here ;))

Why do all this?

Because by using Dae's Mutlibot (which is the best multibot out there imo) you can kill multiple bosses in one single game. That way your In-Game time will increase and therefor you will no longer get R/D! Of course you could tell your bot to slow down a bit by using high delays, but if you have to wait, then why not go and kill some others bosses instead of doing nothing? If you set D2JSP assistant's "Loop Time" to 1400, it will restart D2 every 1400 seconds and make your bot even less undetectable. My sorc is strong enough to kill Meph and Pindle Hell (too weak for Andariel though -.-), my Create-Game delay is only 10 seconds and still I haven't got one single R/D since the day I started using Dae's. Once I get Shako and Tals Amu I will also start doing Andariel and when I get my Lightning-Sorc LvLed up Countess, too.

If there are questions or suggestions feel free to post, I just pulled this guide out of my ass, but since it works for me it should work for you, too. :)

~SF

Fhe_Fadiownzjoo

Member!
Reaction score
hey watsup ty for this i did it and everything was fine for 4 days than i r/d every day after that how do i fix this?

ThousandKilla

Member!
Reaction score
my gmaes are at 200 seconds each and yet i still got a 12 hour realm down yesterday

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Set it to 300. There should be no realm down with that.

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been running my bot 24/7 for a week, with 0 realm downs. Been finding lots of good stuff, too... I figure I may as well share my set up.

Minimum game length: 300
Max game length: 440

Wait in channels: 40 seconds (+ or - 10, randomly)
GameLengthThreshold (the time of game + the wait time minimum): 340 seconds

I don't bother entering channels.

I kill Pindle, Threshsocket, Meph, Countess, Andy, in that order. Most of my games, my guy finishes with 10-30 seconds left to stall.. it sometimes is a little higher if it skips a boss due to auras or immunes.

One key thing to note is that even if you have your game minimum time 400 seconds, if you have a 6 second wait or something, you will still get 12 hour RD's after 100 games. Exactly 100 games, most of the time.

Hope this can help someone :)

twizzy

Reaction score
fritfrat said:
I have been running my bot 24/7 for a week, with 0 realm downs. Been finding lots of good stuff, too... I figure I may as well share my set up.

Minimum game length: 300
Max game length: 440

Wait in channels: 40 seconds (+ or - 10, randomly)
GameLengthThreshold (the time of game + the wait time minimum): 340 seconds

I don't bother entering channels.

I kill Pindle, Threshsocket, Meph, Countess, Andy, in that order. Most of my games, my guy finishes with 10-30 seconds left to stall.. it sometimes is a little higher if it skips a boss due to auras or immunes.

One key thing to note is that even if you have your game minimum time 400 seconds, if you have a 6 second wait or something, you will still get 12 hour RD's after 100 games. Exactly 100 games, most of the time.

Hope this can help someone :)
What gear/level/char you doing this with?

fattyxp

Member!
Reaction score
Website
shawnjcox.sh.funpic.org
I have a little extra on this:

I have my create game thresh set to 5 seconds. My min game length is 140 and I only run pindle. BUT I also have the RandomNPC variable set to true and I think This is what keeps me from R/Ds I've done over 1300 runs in the last 4 days without a R/D and still going strong. When I didn't have randomnpc set, I would get r/ds all the time, even with the same delays and min game time. Just thought I'd add my two cents

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
fatty, I am surprised that that would work... I guess I will have to try it out.

Twizzy, I bot with a level 91 blizz sorce, with a level 90 a2 merc. It's just average mf gear.. you just need anything strong enough to pwn the enemies fast enough that you don't spend over your minimum in each game, and I suggest atleast 200-300 mf. Even if your merc takes like 10-15 seconds just sitting there attacking countess and threshsocket, I wouldn't be too worried.

fattyxp

Member!
Reaction score
Website
shawnjcox.sh.funpic.org
I also think it might have to do with my chickening when he is fire immune and fana/might or extra fast. fire leaves right away giving me lower game times, and fana/might/XF chickens to town waiting till my max game length (200) Out of like 50 runs I'd say I chicken 4-7 times

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what I was mainly surprised by was the 5 second wait in channel. After 100 runs, you usually get a RD, if you have too low of a wait. I can't quite seem to figure out how talking to random people in town would affect the game's counting of how long you spend in the channels between games. Have you actually run your bot for a long period of time (2-3 days) 23+ hours a day using the 5 second wait? Even though it doesn't make sense how it would work to me, I personally don't need to know how things work if they do :p