ZSNES Netplay

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Before I begin, this is about Console Emulation, and games. You are not allowed to post links to get the ROMs (the game dumps themselves).

Most of you in the emulation world have heard of ZSNES? The super nintendo emulator program. But have any of you tried using the Netplay feature with another friend? In my opinion, the greatest thing invented for Console Emulation. Assuming you guys can connect to either other, and at least one person DOESNT have a router.

Me and Laharl started playing Secret of Mana late nights now. He basically controls the sprite, and I control the man. We share the girl's controls. A pretty good 2 player game, so long as you and the player cooperate in objectives.

I wanted to share this with people because it is actually a good thing to do if you have spare time with your friends online. Get an emulator with connectivity capabilities and play some 2P game that you can both enjoy.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
And games like Contra 3 or BattleToads.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
never used netplay, but damn contra 3 is awesome...you guys should definitely play super smash tv, zombies ate my neighbors, and sunset riders

ChrisH36

Reaction score
We would. If Laharl would try to get his Linux ZSNES to work. He is having a problem with the makefile that comes with it.

And he tried using Wine (Windows Emulator) to run it. It worked, but Netplay crashed.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Did you try talking with some of the more experienced ZSNES users on thier board?

Just say you are having trouble with the makefile. Output the file, mention the error. And tell them you installed gcc-c++ properly and you have SuSe. As long as you mention more stuff about your problem and it makes sense, they wont say something REALLY ****ing dumb.

Or you can swap distros.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah I know you do, I want to as well: It was the best fun I had late nights. I still have 2 Save States with us in teh Upper World. So even if the game doesnt load the cartridge save, I can simply load a Remote Save. All we need to do is up Slyphid to 3 and get those attack spells up on Etna. We need them to take on the next boss: It has an annoying power of shrinking characters it makes contact with.

Just make sure you point out all the scenarios you have done. And make sure you get a clear response from them. If they give you something you are unclear with. Either reply and tell them to make some sense or elaborate, or just try it anyways and see what happens.

You basically want to keep the ignorant retards from giving thier 2 cents, and you want the more expert help from like the creators or the mods of that forum that have been around. But they will give you vague advice if you give them a vague scenario.

Reaction score
Or, you know what else is cool to do? Firing up Halo 3 or CoD4 and playing via XBL, instead of playing 10+ year old games over a emulator with 1 other person without communication cababilities that arn't 3rd party.

L

Laharl

I've been downloading some of my favourite games of all time, including donkey kong country 1,2 and 3.

Would you be up for that? ;)

Reaction score
No, because those game wern't very fun when I was younger playing with my brothers or best friend from down the street, so playing them all these years later with some faggot that I can't stand doesn't sound like something I would like to do.

And it's not flaming, because he actually is a faggot.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
Or, you know what else is cool to do? Firing up Halo 3 or CoD4 and playing via XBL, instead of playing 10+ year old games over a emulator with 1 other person without communication cababilities that arn't 3rd party.
what the **** do you care? they aren't hurting anyone

just cause they dont play games populated almost entirely with loud mouth frat boys and retards doesn't mean they are losers

well maybe it does, but if they are then I AM TOO!!!

i'd like to thank the academy

L

Laharl

Favourite games, Flash? Hell, mortal kombat for the win. Who wants to do some 3 when I get this stuff workin'?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
No, because those game wern't very fun when I was younger playing with my brothers or best friend from down the street, so playing them all these years later with some faggot that I can't stand doesn't sound like something I would like to do.

And it's not flaming, because he actually is a faggot.
Actually it is flaming. Regardless if he is a homosexual or not, he still takes offense to that.

Some of the greatest games of all time are on those classic systems that you deem not fun. Even if it isnt 3D graphics, voice chat, and with some pretty decent games. Its still fulfilling going online at 11:30 pm, play Secret of Mana till 5 am. As long as it is fun, it is just as equal as doing something with a recent PC, XBL PS2/3, or DS online game.

I sure as hell would play ZSNES with Laharl, or Flash, or anyone on Z-Battle.net (ZSNES Bnet) anyday. And still play the mainstream online stuff.

Reaction score
It's bull**** that I can't call him a homo and you know it. He's a ****ing fruitypants, no one gives a ****, deal with it. He's openly gay on these forums, yet he still takes offense to little words.

What a *****. Warn me for that too you faggot. Boom theres a double one, ban me you ****smear for all I care, this place ****ing blows ass and no ones doing anything. Kinkarso's made like 20 "HERES WHATS COMMING!" threads, yet nothing other than the skin has been done.

prick.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
YOU CALLED HIM A FAGGOT. IT IS FLAMING. STOP BENDING/BREAKING RULES

Does his username or real name or his nickname say Faggot anywhere? NO!

If you called him Laharl, BFH, Ryan, or Root (which I do now). Then I wouldn't have knicked you for it, and he wouldnt have taken offense to that. Plain and simple.

And do you seriously think running a board is all a cakewalk and lalala land? No it isn't. He manages other boards besides this one and he is only here to tech it. He will think of something when he does.

All you had to do was say "No thanks. I dont want to" and thats it. You went over the line by continuing and flaming him, then eventually flaming me because you thought bending the rules with your bad example you PMed me was going to help you.

Yet sadly, you say I have the social problems? Seesh, hypocrite, no wonder you got banned.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm..wonder why I deleted his account while I was admin.

Haha.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Back to the topic. Its a decent thing to do on those late nights when you have nothing to do.

But if you want more select people, then I suggest you install and run ZBattle.net and play with those guys. But I think you need v 1.42 to play with most of them.

However, Laharl got the compiler issue fixed. Now he just needs to find out why Netplay crashes. Which we think might be a SuSE package problem.