Zerg pwned by everyone?

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
OK...IMO zerg are the worst species in the game...I have HUGE problems finishing the zerg-bw-campaign...I could need some help :p

1. They suck at attacking! Terrans use Siege-Tanks+Goliaths, Protoss use Carriers+Arbiters+Reavers...but Zerg?!? Mass Ling/Hydra is pwned to death by siege tanks and psi storms...mass Guard/Muta is pwned by Valks/Turrets/Scouts/Psi storms...mass Ultra is kind of nice but no chance against DTs/Air units...how the hell do you attack with the zerg? I finished the first 3 levels by mass Hydra/Ling/Ultra/Queen/Defiler/Guardian...but it so damn difficult to keep track of that many units! isnt there any better way to take out terran/protoss?!?

2. They suck at defending! Terrans use Siege+Turrets, Pro use Cannons+Carriers...but Zerg?!? I have like 24 Hydras guarding my base...after each attack 50% of them are dead...terran/pro take out enemies before they even reach the base!

3. They are really really anoying to play since your whole bse is a huge mess...units/slimy buildings all over the place...damn I hate them! :O

Any suggestions? Im asking since I have problems to take out terran bases you know :p

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yah, Zerg is a difficult race to master... One idea could be to drop that army of Hydras in the Terran base, near the workers, if it's not too heavily defended. Can't think of anything, really, since i don't know the campaign...

And, Zerg's base is actually very simple and neet. It needs fewer buildings than both Terran and Protoss. The only drawback is that you can only build on creep :/

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, one good thing to do against tanks is guardians, and if the enemy has air units, fall the guardians back and use hydras to kill those.

Don't try zerglings against goliaths or marines, they'll die too easily, unless you use dark swarm.

You can try to kill some tanks with broodlings, well targeted tanks taht will provoke a goood damage when the other tanks fire at the broodlings.

Zerg's power is not in only massing one unit and send it to slaughter, it's in massing a combo and controling that mass with either spells and microing the units.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zerg isn't really that hard to master. i found it very easy to play zerg when i first played SC.

For the strat, try hydras under DS with lurks and just keep consuming zerglings. if your good at micro, you can DS, plauge forever. don't forget to bring along queens.

Arwhy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But I thought Psi Storms still work when units are under DS.

I find the best defence with Zerg is a counter-attack. When Computers attack, they attack bit-by-bit and a few fixed defenders can hold them off. But with people, they usually send a large force all at once.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yea, Psi Storm works, but that's why you use your queens to kill their High Templars.

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
agreed, I have always said that Zerg are the lamest race.

However here are some tips.
Defense:
Comp (and sometimes players) dont bring detection alot to attack defenses. If tanks are attacking your sunkun for example, what to do is burrow lings right underneath the outside of creep(tank range sorta). As soon as tanks siege, they popup(cracklings prefered) and kill the tank and reburrow. Comps wont scanner sweep unless being attacked by cloaked units.

Toss carriers:
Forget about spore colonies, only use for detection, dont trust to kill carriers. Watch out for cliffing.
Get defilers!! Dark swarm + hydras is great, smart carriers will run away, thats why you have queen ensnare.
Distract with mutas and throw all your scourges at the Arbiter(s), you dont want this thing recalling or using stasis. Devourers are pretty good for car's but better with hydras underneath or a queen.

Guadians for Toss cannons. You can ling+ultra but if its a moneymap and hes got hundreds better use guards. Another good combo is swarm + anything ground.

Things that are not your friend:
High Templar: broodling it fast!
Sci vessel: Mobile detection should only belong to overloards! Iradiate! Scrouge it!
Abiter: recall, stasis, scourge it!

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
yeah...my I-Play-Zerg-Hate-List:

1. Templars
2. Siege Tanks
3. Vessels
4. Arbiters
5. Goliaths (dunno why...I just dont like them -.- )

does the comp attack or only defend with psi-storm-templars?