Zealot Rush

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The all might protoss zealot. Many have lost to me cause of my zealot rush. now i am interested in knowing what strategys you have at blocking a rush.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I'm assuming you mean a quick rush, with like, 4-8 zealots. But just a note on zealots... when I was protoss and I played 2v2, one of the strategies I tried once was making ALL zealots and a very dragoons, like, 70 zealots and 10 goons... if you send alot of zealots into a base they will destroy it in seconds, even though air will eventually take them out. Anyways, that's something unique to try :) But onto zealot rushs..... if im zerg, I will usually make 2 sunkens and about 10-15 zerglings right away. 2 sunkens and 15 zerglings could take out 8 zealots. You might not think so, but i'd beg to difer. Even more so though, 15 zerglings + 2 sunkens can be built faster than 8 zealots can. Now, if your terran then zealot rushs are pretty hard to combat. Marines do virtually nothing to zealots and usually it will be 8 zealots vs 10 marines... well, 8 zealots can take out about 16 marines... firebats will own zealots, but you wont beable to build an academy and get firebats in time and even if you could, you prob wouldnt want to, cause that would hurt you in other areas and zealot rush arent that common.

Bottom line, zealot rushs really aren't used that much, but they are good... I think zergling rushs are better though. Plus, 6 lings can take out 2 zealots..... and 6 lings cost way less than 2 zealots would.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
you have a very good point. but when im terran against toss i use the barracks in front method. even 8 marine can take out a zealot rush cause they will spend their time against the barracks. it works. plus add tanks to the defense and they will take em out faster. oh and ya lings are less expensive and are faster at attacking and are made faster but. i dont have anything to say to that.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
oh i attacked one guy with a rush of zealots. i murdered him. He was terran he had lifted off his buildings. it was 2v2 and when i killed him his partner left. Now my partner was zerg. as my zealots were attacking the enemy he backstabbed me. my base has a couple cannons and they were destroyed by a couple lings and like one hydra. i sent my zealot rush which consisted of 12 zealots. i like to make a lot. 6 went to destroy the lings in my base and i wiped out my partners base with the other 6. he only had like 1 sunken and 5 lings. when my partner left i noticed i hadn't won. then i realized i still hadn't completely destroyed my enemy. The other enemy that was there attacked me with marines. like 2. i couldn't believe he had units. well the 3 lots in my partners base killed the marines and he left. I single handed took out three opponents. (2 considering one left) with 12 zealots. i have the replay.

Link

Reaction score
As Protoss just build as many zealots as they have and add a shield battery if you're scared. Vs Zerg just a sunken and mass lings, then you can counter and own. Vs Terran wall in, or if you can't just build your supply depots and barracks around a bunker then get firebats meds/counter and own.

sexynatzi

Member!
Reaction score
if you upgrade the zealot speed the sunkens arent great against them. zealots are a little stronger then the goons it seems.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
yesterday i got back to my compouter and found i no longer have that replay. my brother deleted it. i only have my old terran victorys. im talking 2 days after replays were created in the patch. i was such a newbie. i even let one guy bs me. but i did win. ill post those.

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zealots are kinda crappy vs cannons if you have at least 24 like i do at the biggning so zealots dragoons zergling hydra no point of rushing me

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
There's a point to all attacks, even if it's just to get your units slaughtered unintentionally in a suicide attack.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean a quick rush, with like, 4-8 zealots. But just a note on zealots... when I was protoss and I played 2v2, one of the strategies I tried once was making ALL zealots and a very dragoons, like, 70 zealots and 10 goons...
A zealot rush is when u get 2 zealots, attack, and keep sending more zealots. It wont win the game but it can be hard to counter and it delays the enemy. 70 zealots and 10 goons can be countered by 1) killing u before u get 70 zealots 2) vultures with spider mines.

if you upgrade the zealot speed the sunkens arent great against them. zealots are a little stronger then the goons it seems.
By the time u have zealot speed he will have lurkers and hydras.

zealots are kinda crappy vs cannons if you have at least 24 like i do at the biggning so zealots dragoons zergling hydra no point of rushing me
24 cannons can be killed by 1 tank, 1 reaver or dark swarm with a few zerglings.

how do i use shield batteries?
Select a shield battery, select "recharge shields" and click the ground by some units. Then all the units in that area with damaged shields will run over to the battery and get their shields recharged.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
An easier way to recharge sheilds. Is to click on the unit which doesnt have 100% shields. Then right click the sheild battery. You can do that with whole groups etc.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Then ur ally will be dead, thats not a good idea.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by lordson
zeolats are powerful in early game
ungrade thier attacks arely and you can counter and destory whilst the rest of the enemys army is attacking your ally
Your a tool. Who would want their ally to die??? If its a 2v2 and your ally dies. The pressure on you to win rises three-fold and the chances of you winning drop dramatically. And i doubt someone would leave their base unguarded once they move their units out.
And it's pretty slack of you NOT to help your ally at all.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Lol, alot of times in public 2v2 games my ally needs help and when he bitches about it not coming fast enough I kill him myself, I can take the loss cuz I got a good laugh out of it and besides records don't mean crap...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Exactly! My rec sux! And i love it. People think you suck! Its great! lol

I am serious you know

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Stats are nothing, it is the number of games u have played in total that counts. But i never play 2v2 public games, i only play with allys that i know.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by AKA-47
Stats are nothing, it is the number of games u have played in total that counts. But i never play 2v2 public games, i only play with allys that i know.
How many games you've played doesn't mean crap either, that slayer_boxer dude could make a new sn and then he wouldn't have anything on his record. It all depends on skill...