Your thoughts on Battlefield 3?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Who got Battlefield 3? and what are your thoughts on it?

I may be tainted from IGN's review of the game as far as the single-player goes, but...

I think the game is terrific. Beautiful graphics on the PS3, although I can tell that it would look amazing on a top of the line PC (sadly consoles are holding games back right now). The sounds are incredible. I have honestly never played a game that sounded this great. Put it on surround sound and you will hear every bullet, every move, every footstep. Multiplayer gameplay is very very good, my only disapproval is the difficulty in flying aircraft or taking down aircraft from the ground (the massive turrets on some maps seem absolutely pointless as it is impossible to take out a jet or copter with them). Also, there seems to be a huge disadvantage to players at low levels, since perks and different weapons make a huge difference in winning. Lastly, single-player is fun but really not original in its story-line. I thought that Bad Company 2 had a great story-line with a fabulous dialogue of humor, Battlefield 3 seems a bit generic.

Overall I give the game a 9.5/10. This is due to the extreme realism of the game. While flying may be hard I think its spot on realistic, sounds are great, and any glitches in the game will be fixed in time. Its main downside is simply a generic campaign mode, but who spends much time in campaign on a massive multiplayer like this?