Your Current Job

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Some may not have a job (Which is okay I didn't have one till I was 17). But some do. So if you have one, post what it is you do and if you like/dislike your job and why you like your job.

I work for Mimi's Cafe as a server. I like my job, I make good money and I get to meet some really nice people from my community. It pays the bills and it has helped me to become more outgoing. Not to mention that I make about 500$ a week off of tips. So yeah.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I have an audition to be Crossbreeds new drummer around the 30th. I guess that counts?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
False Hope said:
I have an audition to be Crossbreeds new drummer around the 30th. I guess that counts?
-That would be cool....I'll allow it.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It's not like you have any say in the matter as to if it counts.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
False Hope said:
It's not like you have any say in the matter as to if it counts.
Than why did you bring it up?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Because it's potentially a job. You however brought up the fact that "I will allow it" which is basically saying that you have some say as to weather or not it's a job.

Which you dont.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
It's getting really close to the end of the month, so I'm hoping I'll get a call from one of those ten or so places I recently applied to any moment now. I'm starting to worry a bit.

I have come to the conclusion that the beginning of the year is--by far--the hardest time of the year to get jobs. Why? Because every single stinkin' place out there has just finished their seasonal hiring, and after their seasonal hiring, they perform post-seasonal layoffs. After laying people off, they usually aren't ready to hire again for another few months. I'm really hoping that Best Buy won't do that to me. I've been consistently working my way into their systems. I've even made a couple friends just to help butter up the managers a bit. Come this Monday, I'll be able to find out whether or not I'll be able to get a job there. My backup plan is JCPenney, which is always hiring around here.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
False Hope said:
Because it's potentially a job. You however brought up the fact that "I will allow it" which is basically saying that you have some say as to weather or not it's a job.

Which you dont.
I meant by "I will allow it" as to stating that it would be allowed to count towards the thread. Being a drummer is a job; if you get paid for it. If you don't. Then it isn't a job, it's volunteer service.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
I meant by "I will allow it" as to stating that it would be allowed to count towards the thread. Being a drummer is a job; if you get paid for it. If you don't. Then it isn't a job, it's volunteer service.

its not volunteer service, its a hobby.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
I work as a Courtesy Clerk for Albertson's, been there for nine months now. I'm going to be promoted soon to Checker, I already turned down a Service Deli spot. once you turn 18 they look to promote you somewhere, and I'm probably the best CC they got, and I'm not just tootin' my own horn, everyone else tells me.

-Frank :cool:

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Im a farmer. One of the best jobs you can have around my age.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I currently work at a fast food...*cough* I mean good food fast.
AND I also have to get myself into shape. Yes, it is a job and I will be starting it next week. :D

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
im in school so it is my job, in trade school....
but today i did work based learning where you go to a job and get paid and shit but.. yha
i went and handed out toast sampels at wall-mart today :p
ushully its catering or something along that lines..
good money though was there from 11-4 and made 50%..
certinally not as much as you get from an 11-4 catering.. more like...25..
ok im going to shut up now...:rollie:cool: :wasted :yamer :fwink

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
I load meat from the packaging area into the trucks. Its cold, i always smell bad no matter how many showers i take and i get paid 10th of what you guys get paid for working at MacDonalds. Yay for the motherland!

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
still student :(

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I'm supposed to go back for a second interview soon for Staples.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
i work for a used cd/dvd/video game store called The Beat Goes On, and school of course.