You lot are blessed

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You lot are seriously blessed...

Posted on BlizzForums.

Redcloak said:
Karvaek said:
Essentially, Pizza is a customer, and for all intents and purposes, we're a company. We don't have to cater to Pizza's needs, and as such, we're allowed to refuse services to whichever customer we choose. We're simply exercising the "STFU Clause" that may or may not have been written into your contract.
I'd say that's giving him too much credit. BF is like a soup kitchen that you walk into and complain that your appetizer is cold. We've never banned someone for voicing their opinion at BF, but Pizza's taken to constantly trolling this board complaining about everything. Look, if you have something benefitial to add, step right up, but this isn't the "bitch and moan forum". It's the Help Desk, so we can help.

Not only had the issue been addressed, but people were even attempting to help fill him in on what had occurred only to hear more complaints. We don't pay the staff enoughanything to put up with that kind of nonsense.

Karvaek said:
But wasn't that a bit too extreme? A little too trigger-happy for banning members?
Here's why not. I've been doing this for half your life. That's where my experience comes in. We use bans/warnings to indicate to our members what behavior is inappropriate, and to indicate the seriousness of the issue. We don't ever ban someone for an offense like this. We ban them for a chain of events that is capped with something like this. We're planning to implement a more automated system (thanks vb) rather than the mostly subjective one we have now, so you guys will have even less to complain about. In the mean time, compile a list of every person you think was banned from here improperly, and I'll tell you that's less than .01% of the people who have ever registered here. And that you're wrong, we banned them for the right reasons

Karvaek said:
Hey, I wouldn't know if it could be controllable or not. Hell I didn't even know if it can be controlled in the first place. But I guess it might be his habit.
He was talking about complaining to things we cannot control as a site. However, Pizza can control his behavior. It's whether he wants to or not that is at issue. The temp ban is issued to suggest that Pizza modify his behavior. Habits can be broken, and maybe a ban is the best way to do it. We don't apply a "disadvantaged childhood" or "habit" modifier to our actions here.
...*

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
How does that make us blessed? We have a weak staff that knows if they banned and kept banned the members that were banned

(Jason, DM, Me, Jenny, Austin, Gimmi, so on and so forth) that there would be NOTHING left.

You're saying we're blessed? You guys (the admins) are blessed that we constantly put up with your bullshit and how you guys have NO idea how to run a board. And I'm using 'you guys' as the admin team. You (x42) seem like the only one that knows what the **** their doing.

Which is sad since Roach has been an admin for over a year.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Ahaha, Pizza. Reminds me of my old name.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
So the fact that we're not nazi means we're blessed? WAIT, Austins still banned, and Mike did worse then he did! Holy shit we aren't blessed. Sorry. :-/

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's actually a blessing not having to read Austin's posts, quite frankly. :)

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not blessing, that's hell :(

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Deal with it.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
So the fact that we're not nazi means we're blessed? WAIT, Austins still banned, and Mike did worse then he did! Holy shit we aren't blessed. Sorry. :-/
Our forums are cursed, yes, but we are lucky to have relatively nice Administrators who don't have ban links on their front pages.*

Jenny!

Public Relations ADDministrator
Reaction score
Isn't BlizzF about 10x our size?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Isn't BlizzF about 10x our size?
BattleForums - Threads: 108,960, Posts: 1,214,261, Members: 91,422
BlizzForums - Threads: 3,680, Posts: 93,102, Members: 1,502

Methinks not. :p

Actually, our total posts is quite close to BlizzForums now. We have always had more members and threads than BlizzForums.*

Jenny!

Public Relations ADDministrator
Reaction score
Active member wise.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Active member wise.
Actually, no, all the major Blizzard networks whom we compete with have been rather barren. Chaos, for example, is no longer really active on BlizzForums, and the Senior Moderators aren't too active either. We are actually doing pretty well - 100+ threads with new posts in them in the past 24 hours - that is far from bad.*

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Actually, no, all the major Blizzard networks whom we compete with have been rather barren. Chaos, for example, is no longer really active on BlizzForums, and the Senior Moderators aren't too active either. We are actually doing pretty well - 100+ threads with new posts in them in the past 24 hours - that is far from bad.*
in comparasin to what other forums?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
in comparasin to what other forums?
Trust me there are other forums out there that would kill for that kind of activity.

Souless: Other people can replace the banned people.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Trust me LB. I've been around here almost 2 years longer than you. We've almost ALL been banned at one time or another. If they were all for good, there wouldn't be any members left. We're struggling enough as it is.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Trust me LB. I've been around here almost 2 years longer than you. We've almost ALL been banned at one time or another. If they were all for good, there wouldn't be any members left. We're struggling enough as it is.

That doesn't mean the quality of posting has gone up at all. People would come and take other's places, you act as if the internet is make up of 100-200 people.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
but htis forum only has around 200 people :(