You know what I'm getting sick of?

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
People starting a thread in this forum, and then either coming out with a claim and not backing it up or coming up with a question and then having something like "Debate." or "Discuss." at the end when they give NO input themselves. Hey I have an idea! Why not read through sources that are available to you and form your own opinion. Or is that too hard?

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Venice_native said:
Well, some people might just be curious of what other people think of the idea, and might already have a good perspective on the issue themselves, and no need to further expand it.
But why not just for the sake of conversation bring up your perspective?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Most of the time, it's just an idea that is either common sense or assumptions.

I'm not too bad with that, because it's not just debates about facts. It makes for some interesting, "Oh, where did you get that from?" quotes, anyway.*

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Does anybody here think the constitution of the United States is a Legally binding document? Discuss.
Is killing some one out of protecting yourself murder or self defense. Do you get time for killing? Should You? What if its an escaped mental patient from a mental hospital?? You can or cannot involve religion. or just the thought that you ended the life of some one that was loved. (every one is loved, because they had a mother)
Global warming, big issue. How do you think it will impact the life in 21st century?
How many of you think its ok and how many think its wrong.

Debate.
Just to name a couple.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
AxL said:
People starting a thread in this forum, and then either coming out with a claim and not backing it up or coming up with a question and then having something like "Debate." or "Discuss." at the end when they give NO input themselves. Hey I have an idea! Why not read through sources that are available to you and form your own opinion. Or is that too hard?

i remember being one of the people that did/do that

Tupac Amaru Shakur

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
AxL said:
Just to name a couple.
hey dude come on i did not do what you said people do when you started this post, i did give feedback on my opinion if you didnt read my whole thread, and some common sense can be different to different people. Like i for one know shizznit about cars, an automacanics common sense of cars is better then mine dont you think? And for the topic i agree with you, and if i did sucha a thing which i believe i didnt i will correct thje issue and be more aware in the future.

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
This whole forum died ages ago.

Firebat

Member!
Reaction score
AxL said:

Omg!! does it really disturb you that much? who gives if ppl dont state their own opinion, be thankfull that they came up with the topic..... :baby

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
This whole forum died ages ago.
WAS IT EVER REALLY ALIVE??

DISCUSS

jmcn R

Member!
Reaction score
AxL said:
Just to name a couple.

only showing a portionaof the statement or just the first post might be a bit misleading and at the least leave a bit of play room for creative interpretation.

i understand your point though. in general that is web-whoredom, get used to it if you want to hang around the intarweb and not be so disturbed all the time. just keep that person in mind so you know how to value their future opinions as they will surely have more to come every time an idea passes through their heads.

MC90

Member!
Reaction score
The worlds not perfect. We break rules, we follor rules.

But on topic, most of the worlds population follows stereotypes instead of basic logic. We follow anything that other people say, and sounds right to us. So dont get mad at people without the basic structure of logic, cuz really. Most of the teenage population of America, are all the same. If you want my back up info, its like this.

(i.e)Your asian, and this guy walks up to you, he will always ask the same thing. Are you Japanese/Chinese/Korean? You answer and then he asks if you eat rice and if your part of the Nuclear program or something.

This is what the teenage population does. But i agree with ya, we should give back up info, ill start doing that from now on.

Raya Wolfsun

Addicted to Mentats
Reaction score
No hubris intended if my thoughts don't count anymore, but I thought they might be of interest:

When we started this forum I had nothing against just stating topics and seeing where they carried on. Indeed, from time to time I would post just a provocative question and see how people responded, not giving my own opinion until later on in the thread. I did like to state my views at some point though.

On the other hand, back then I was a moderator of a new board that nobody expected to prove very popular, and had to take some steps to keep it alive! Clearly the place has evolved since, and its needs are different. As such, I wouldn't be offended if my "original vision" isn't rigidly adhered to.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You should instate the "Must have 3 paragraphs or more" rule for this forum. It would eliminate about 95% of the recent discussion here.