Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Buy an XBL wireless adapter...

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
DarkRain said:
Ok my friend called xbox live for me, xbox live dosent support my kind of internet thingy box, isnt there a custom one i can get or somethen?
I really don't know what you mean by "internet thingy box"...

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
He means modem.

When I first got my Xbox, I wanted to give Xbox Live a shot. However, I discovered that the Xbox couldn't connect to my computer. Why? Because I had a USB modem. With a USB modem, you need a crossover cable to connect to the Xbox. Unfortunately, the TV was across the house, and 100 ft. crossover cables are hard to find for cheap.

If he doesn't have a router, shouldn't he be able to just use a crossover cable to connect his computer directly to his Xbox? All you should have to do is share your internet connection once they're connected.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Master.America said:
He means modem.

When I first got my Xbox, I wanted to give Xbox Live a shot. However, I discovered that the Xbox couldn't connect to my computer. Why? Because I had a USB modem. With a USB modem, you need a crossover cable to connect to the Xbox. Unfortunately, the TV was across the house, and 100 ft. crossover cables are hard to find for cheap.

If he doesn't have a router, shouldn't he be able to just use a crossover cable to connect his computer directly to his Xbox? All you should have to do is share your internet connection once they're connected.
Yup, pretty much. Hes also half way there to a new form of cheating on XBL, called "Bridging".

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
You can make a crossover cable yourself. Google "Crossover cable tutorial" or somthing like that.

SlyFie said:
Yup, pretty much. Hes also half way there to a new form of cheating on XBL, called "Bridging".
Connection bridging to force host isnt exactly cheating. Think about it this way, if you force someone on your team connection host, your garunteed not to be standbye'd, or you run into some modders, force a teammate host and have your friend boot the modders from the game.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Patrick_A said:
Connection bridging to force host isnt exactly cheating. Think about it this way, if you force someone on your team connection host, your garunteed not to be standbye'd, or you run into some modders, force a teammate host and have your friend boot the modders from the game.
But you can still boot people whether they are cheating or not. So you can use it to your advantage. And I know a few people who have been banned for bridging anyways...so yeah.

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
Yes I know that connection bridging can be used for cheating. I was just trying to help you see that it's not ALL bad.