Xbox 360? is it really worth it?

JustAnotherNerd

Member!
Reaction score
evryone is happily playing halo2 on xbox live when news is heard of xbox 360.I mean is everyone ready to dish out another 300$ and hook up ro live again? Im just not shure if i want to go through all that again

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's going to be worth it. /closethread

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I really don't see why they have to release it so early. I mean they COULD release Halo 3 on Xbox. All it has to do is have a better singleplayer, which is REALLY easy, compared to Halo 2's sour tasting ending. Microsoft is making a bad move releasing it this year. Sure it would look better on the 360, but I'll have to spend ANOTHER $200-$300 for that. From the pictures I have looked at, there are also less buttons...

RAWR!

Member!
Reaction score
i thought there were the same amount of buttons but the start and select were moved and the triggers are now like buttons on the back? which buttons are missing?

And i seriously think its worth it plus i dont get xbox live till i get a 360 my xbox broke *cry*

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
icast is a moron.

xbox 360 > xbox > all > peice of shit > ps3

The Halo 3 game will be released at the same time that the PS3 will be released.

Would you buy a 400 dollar system, or a 60 dollar game for your allready owned system?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow i never knew one game can own a console by itself :rolleyes

And besides, ps3 price isn't official yet. and yes icbs is a moron.

icastbigspells

Premium Member
Reaction score
lol im just saying when i was lookin at on e3 the graffics were much better and i dont do xbox live and ps is free and graffic are hella cool and imma get the ps3 in like a year after it comes to drop prices and i know cota im on top of halo3 i would never do such a thing

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
The graphics for the ps3 was pre-rendered, IT WASNT THE ACTUAL GAME

PS3 to sell for $399, cost $494 to make
>> From GameSpot.com:
According to the latest issue of Japanese magazine Toyo Keizai, Merrill Lynch Japan Securities has recently calculated an analysis that the production of a single PlayStation 3 console will cost Sony approximately 54,000 yen to make ($494), as of its initial release in 2006.
Merrill Lynch Japan estimates that the machine's main components--namely its Cell chip, RSX, and BD-ROM drive--will cost about 11,000 yen ($101) each. After adding the other electronics that will be used in the PS3, the machine's production cost goes up to 54,000 yen.

Given that Sony's PS3 will face stiff competition from Microsoft's Xbox 360, the chances that Sony will release its console at its production cost is slim. Under the assumption that the Xbox 360 is expected to sell at around $299, Merrill Lynch Japan predicts that Sony will sell each PS3 at the price of 44,800 yen ($410) in Japan and $399 in America. That would mean Sony would suffer a loss of more than 130 billion yen ($1.18 billion) during the first year of the PS3's release

Read the whole article on GameSpot.com. ( http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/28/news_6128295.html )

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, he only predicts that ps3 will go for $399. i'll only belive it if it comes from sony itself.

Some of the games they showed on E3 were realtime like the Unreal demo and fight night. but yeah almost everything they showed was pre rendered movies.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
xbox 360>xbox>revolution>ps3

and oh the possibilities for moding the 360....:)

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
actually, the ps3 isnt that bad.

but 360 pwnzors it, in every regard.

which one to get??? hrmmm.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
elder scrolls oblivion? thats the best looking game on xbox 360 thus far

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm most definately going to buy it the day it comes out. I'm a pretty avid Xbox gammer, ever since I got Halo 2 and Live (Thank god). Some of the "Lazy-boy" features are just too hard to resist anyways. Being able to turn the console on and off from the control. God that'll be nice.