WOW(PvE vs PvP!!!

L

lozo

Which is your favorite PvE or PvP.....and why...I play PvE...Was thining about trying a PvP.....

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I play PvE, because I like the lore and stuff, and I want to see all bosses. And I want to improve my char.

I dislike PvP in WoW because it's completly unbalanced, with devs favourite classes (rogue, resto druid, and to a lesser extent, warrior and warlock) and its Flavor of the Month teams.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I'd limit that to about any melee class. I haven't played since a week after S4 came out. Nothing was done about said imbalances. I cried.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ye, perhaps you're right. Except for feral druids. Armor Penetration did bring a lot of power to melee classes.

Reaction score
PvE: Boring, scripted, no-skill content made for players who can't succeed at defeating another human. PvE is for when you realize you're absolutely bad at PvP, and you're too lazy to fix it.

PvP: The epitome of skill with a crooked balance. Every comp for the most part has a counter, and it sucks, deal with it. There never has and never will be stable class balance, it's not possible. Classes need nerfs and classes need buffs but at the end of the day, unless RNG really gives you ****, the better players will win.

2v2: My comp beats your comp. This bracket is nothing but team make-up influenced by the skill of the players.

3v3: The most balanced bracket. With the array of possibilites and combinations, but not too hectic and not too simple, this is the main skill bracket.

5v5: Who dies first, this comp is all about whose comp rapes the first player of the other comp.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I assume you've never been a raid leader then :p

Man that's annoying. It is as you say, PvE is made for nubs, but endgame PvE is full of self-centering bastards, I'll add.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I've been a raid leader (also assign heals) for a long time. I was also S1/S2 Gladiator on Ruin battleground so I can say that I have witnessed a lot in WoW.

I think having a Holy Paladin as a main, PvE is definitely more fun :p. However when playing my PvP toons such as D. Priest and ShS rogue, I say PvP is more enjoyable. Pre-BC I played Warrior for PVE and it was pretty fun at first, but lead to eventual facerolls on farm content and they joys of waiting for Nef to respawn.

Just thinking about Nefarian however makes me have to say PvP is better :p.

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
I've done both, though I prefer PVE I still enjoy picking people off with my hunter in pvp