WoW Cards!

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If anyone plays this... well, good.

My opinion about the game is that it does one thing well. And that is the resource system. You never get screwed by land, which makes that one less thing to piss you off.

But what WoW does wrong... is the creatures and combat.

3 things suck:

1) Tons of 2/1 Bastards
It was a RARE in magic cmon! This game has tons of these guys, making rush almost too good. Only a handful of classes can stop rush and these are the ones that make it to regionals.

2) Allies can attack anybody
Yep, as if the 2/1s weren't bad, they can hit ANYBODY! This makes those lowhp spellish creatures so vulnerable!

3) High Cost Cards Suck
Look at a common card, bloodclaw. It's a 3/1 creature for 1. That equates to 4 points of health/attack for a cost of 1. The ratio is 4:1. Now let's look at Kor Cindervein, another ally. He has 3 health and 3 attack at the cost of... 2? No, 3. So that's 6 points to 3 cost, so the ratio is 2:1. It get worse from there.

ANYWAY, if you can accept these faults, let's move on now...

I've chosen what I think is the 6 best common/uncommon allies for both horde and alliance from the first and dark portal sets.

Merry is the pick because 2/1 is ridiculous (well for magic) and her trait protects her from outside pings. If anybody wants to deal with her, they have to eat the the 2 damage.

We have chipper next because he is so versatile. 3/1 is great for rushing slow decks. Then we have the ability to remove ANY equipment AND ongoing ability.

Parvink is obvious. 3 for a 2/2 protector is average, but the card draw puts it over the top.

I put Tristan as #4 only because he's a decent combat trick.

Medoc at 5 because if not stopped, his card recovery turns the table.

Braxis is at 6 because he'll do major damage if not stopped.

Horde time. Scout's at top because she's got that amazing 2/1 and protector is a power that instantly works in play.

I give 2 to Kalnuf because 3/2 is great stats. The ability to foresee your opponent helps you plan.

Boneshank is 3 because he can 2-for-1 a lot AND he can easily take down big allies in slow decks.

Ophelia gets #4 to shut down any enemy recursion. She's a solid wall.

Kulan is there because his power helps him act like two allies.

Moko gets 6 because he comes in fast and hard.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It borrows from MTG like how cars today borrow from ford.

But I think this game is broken. Again, the ridiculous 2/1 allies and the fact that they can attack ANYBODY makes low-cost creatures TOO powerful. Then they make the ratio of power to cost worse as the costs go up.

The only thing I liked was that the resource system prevents mana screw EVER.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Fact is that it still happens. And when it does, it gets frustrating. It's fairly rare for it to happen in Wow however. Too bad WoW itself is broken.