Worst instance for me yet.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
so i join a group for ZF, everyones good levels, group of 5.

Paladin
Rogue
Hunter
Mage
Shaman

im the paladin, i warned them strait up that im ret specked, im dps and/or a tank, not a healer. im running around with a 2 hand weapon and my threat is increased. the shaman is suppose to be our main healer, he said he could do it.

so we go in, and first thing htat happens is the rogue yells out that he REALLY wants to do the lizard boss guy first [normally the last boss done.] i protest saying itllbe a problem cause well have to run back through respawns, we skipped ALL the other guys to do the last boss.

well, sure enough, we wipe. our healer sucks balls, yet blames it on me, themain tank, for not helping heal. we argue the entire time. hes like "dude your a paladin, you can heal good regardless." a tank cannot heal. hes under fire constnatly. i sit there arguing with him telling him im ret specked, 4 heals = no mana for me. but noooo, he gets pissy saying i should be able to tank AND be a healer. wtf?

so we finally kill the LAST boss first, we wipe about 2 times in the process of getting there thansk to his shitty healing. after that boss, the mage left, were down to 4, with a shitty healer, and an argument with me being tank and second healer.

we thenr un back though to basically the beginning of the instance, wiped about 3 times doing so because of respawns and shit healing. we go to the basalisk boss guy [normally first boss to kill.] we clear the area pretty well, then the stupid ass shaman goes "Hey the boss is in here guys" and runs up tot he cave, calling him out. the entire time were fighting im yelling "HEAL GOD DAMNIT" cause -everyones- life is dropping. i had to bubble and heal myself, but to no avail, still wiped. he then blames me saying that i was the one that agrod the boss without warning the group and preparing. im like "scroll up, your the one that shouted "HES IN HERE" and ran up." but *shrugs* the leader booted me, which didnt effect me much since i was leaving right after the bassalisk boss nayways, no way in hell we could beat the AOE battle with that shit 4man group.

my guildie was in the group when i left, he told me it went to all hell, the healer started telling him [main tank in my replacement] to heal...

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
You suck at tanking if everyones life was dropping.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Ret spec is the dps spec, not the tank spec.

If your healer sucked, maybe you should've gone sword n' board instead of a two-hander.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
with 1 handed weapons i wasnt generating enough threat to keep agro on myself

and -everyone- life dropped because it happened so fast i didnt even have time to cast an aoe >.<

and yeah, im the first to admit, im not a tank. but i was doing pretty well in zf as one this entire weekend, until i teamed up with that shitty ass group.

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
1-Hand & Shield everything when tanking. Paladins aggro comes from his Holy Spells. So you spam Judgements and Consecration. Remember to have Righteous Fury on if you have that. If you did that all the time, there should no problem tanking unless your DPS is completly sh*t-kiddies. Do NEVER take a shaman as a healer. You cant rely on them. Pick a priest or druid, if you are lucky you might get a extremely good Holy Paladin. Also for tanking, what about the hunters pet? That must have helped in some way.

Tbh, I found Protection to be a extremely good leveling talent. Usually all groups needs a tank/offtank.

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
'coz most of them is noobs. :p

Nah, most of them dont know how to heal, actually same with paladins. Both of those classes shouldnt heal at low level instances. Higher level, they will become more experienced.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
oddly enoughw hen i use my 1 handed + shield i cant keep agro, i guess my DPS is shit-kiddies [not like id deny that, im still pretty new to wow, my DPS is about 48 or so w/ 2 hand, my one hand was around 35 or something]

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
l2taunt you noob.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If blizz keeps nerfing elem and enhance, I'm sure you'll see more shammy healers.

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
oddly enoughw hen i use my 1 handed + shield i cant keep agro, i guess my DPS is shit-kiddies [not like id deny that, im still pretty new to wow, my DPS is about 48 or so w/ 2 hand, my one hand was around 35 or something]
around ZF, you should have a ability called Righteous something. (no, not Righteous Fury.) which works like a taunt, but its diffirent. When a mob you're tankin' targets another player, you click on the player and cast the Righteous thingy. Works like a taunt. A paladin's aggro comes from his spells, not his melee dmg. So spam Judgements and SoR or SoC. Also keep C. up all the time.

My paladin never tanked as protection, so Im no pro.

Edit: Righteous Defense.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
On alliance side, there were very few shamans I ever trusted, but I had no problem with low level shamans horde side. Simply put, Horde know how how to shammy.

On a side note, Horde don't know how to Pally ;)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
**** that! Most of the 70 paladins horde side are competent. Cort's a good little pally too!

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
On another side note, just about every instance I did with Jason while he was still playing, I ended up healing more than our priest while doing pretty ok dps.