With leveling is it fun?\

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if leveling is too easy? I know there are other components with it like other types of gaming. With professions and exploring There are more things to do then level.

But I want to know how the leveling works. If it effects the fun and playablitiy on the game.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
trunks.. go away. please.
there are 3 ways to get experience to level up. one way is going to places you havent been before, you get a small amount of experience, but it's still experience. another way is doing quests. there are a variety of quests, easy and hard, and they all give you a certain amount of exp. the harder the quest, the more exp. finally, you have plain killing monsters. you go around killing every monster you can that's around your level. it may seem boring, but it isnt because you can get good items from them, and improve your profession skills or your combat skills.

you cant really explore super far without leveling. you need to have a good level unless you want to die by the monsters around you. fear not, leveling isnt that boring. sometimes you get bonuses, like rested, and you get 200% experience from killing things for a short amount of time. you don't lose experience if you die, only durability. you will never need to worry about losing your level.

the best way to level for me is just grinding and killing monsters. i kill them and i get money and items. i can either use the items or sell them at the auction house. yeah, sometimes it takes a long time to level, but you can alternate between grinding and questing.

questing is a great way to level up. easy quests can help you if you want to do a lot of them, and then there are harder quests that take a little longer, but you get rewarded for that. by doing quests, you can get some pretty good items. heck, a lot of good items. you also level up because you need to kill monsters in some quests. actually, i love questing as much as grinding.

it's a personal reference for which way you like to level up, but they are all fun, if you want to have fun, do quests. most quests you can do alone, but you will need to party up. partying up isnt that bad. finding groups is harder. it's all ok. i like it. :)

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Durabillity? Explain to me what the consequence of dieing is and is it permanent?

Oxide08

[New And Improved!]
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i was at my buds playin his acc and i found it got boring ... just killing the monsters

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Theroy said:
Durabillity? Explain to me what the consequence of dieing is and is it permanent?
durability is like the durability from diablo 2. your equipment has durability, which is like the amount of *damage* it can take. be assure, it's not permanent. when you die, you lose a little bit a durability, well i dont know for sure but it seems to happen to me. when you die, you become a ghost at a graveyard and you need to run to your body. you run faster as a ghost. if you use the spirit healer, you lose 25% durability on all of the equipment you are wearing and the equipment in your inventory. you can just go to the nearest town and repair. the repair costs are a little high.

you also get resurrction sickness when you res from the spirit healer at the graveyard. it reduces your damage and stats by 75% for a certain amount of time depending on your level. i am level 26, and when i used it i had it for 10 min, but its better than losing experience. it is not permanent whatsoever.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
they added ress. sickness and durability lowering to death so people wouldnt die just to lose negative buffs such as rabies (damn rabies, it lasts 10 minutes).

grinding out exp through killing is rather boring and repetative, but in places like duskwood you get exp fast, and you also accumulate a handsome load of money in the process. most people i know level through questing best, but i myself am not a fan of questing.

andrew, why did you throw finding new locations in there? at most you get like 200 exp for finding a new place. in the time of getting 600 exp from that id have killed 7+ of those nasty spiders and gotten much more exp from that.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
i threw it in because if you are low lvl NE and you want to run to human lands at level 1, you can run to human lands and level up like 1 lvl by the time you get there. also, static said he wants to explore, and if he explores he will gain some experience. he can get rewared, even if it's a little, for exploring.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Andrew said:
i threw it in because if you are low lvl NE and you want to run to human lands at level 1, you can run to human lands and level up like 1 lvl by the time you get there. also, static said he wants to explore, and if he explores he will gain some experience. he can get rewared, even if it's a little, for exploring.
or vice versa (NE land > Joo)

I find it incredibly easy to get to lvl 10 but after that is when it gets interesting :p

I_Robbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
haha, thats all you do in D2. Level.

Is thare a place whare you get mass exp like baal runs in diablo2?

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I_Robbie said:
haha, thats all you do in D2. Level.

Is thare a place whare you get mass exp like baal runs in diablo2?
not that i know of :).

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
As you get higher levels the things you can do get more fun. After lvl 40 I heard it is great fun, because so many things open up for you to do.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ive heard level 40 is when the games is at its peak.

ThRaShEd

Member!
Reaction score
i personally am ok with it i mean its fine first several hours but then it gets boring but i u wanna b somthing like for instance im 13 and i wanna b 20 to get to b a cat well i make myself kill things and just thinking of the reward at the end is worth it... and also its fun questing and killing with guild members last night was bomb we had 15 guild raid.. we took the dead mines over it was tight

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ThRaShEd said:
i personally am ok with it i mean its fine first several hours but then it gets boring but i u wanna b somthing like for instance im 13 and i wanna b 20 to get to b a cat well i make myself kill things and just thinking of the reward at the end is worth it... and also its fun questing and killing with guild members last night was bomb we had 15 guild raid.. we took the dead mines over it was tight
*figures out what you were trying to say*

you must admit though, rewards such as the cat at level 20 are important in the game. its a general rule of thumb, if it didnt require a lot of time and effort, and/or you dont feel any payoff afterward, then throw the game away. you can beat certain games that are really easy and quick, and when you get the payoff, whether it be big or small, you'll say to yourself "wow, what a dumb game with no value." in WoW, you work for payoff, and it feels good

I_Robbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
I didnt play the game for that long so i guess that my opinion is a little byast but from what i played thares alot of "kill ten of these" or "kill this guy" quests. not that i dont like doing that but wouldnt the novelty ware off after a wile?

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I_Robbie said:
I didnt play the game for that long so i guess that my opinion is a little byast but from what i played thares alot of "kill ten of these" or "kill this guy" quests. not that i dont like doing that but wouldnt the novelty ware off after a wile?
i dunno man, some of the quests like "kill this guy" can be pretty interesting. example, killing vancleef is probably the most badass thing ive done in the game so far.