Why do i lag when someone uses their mic or when theres alot of ppl?

LuCas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
When someone uses their mic i start lagging like crazy until they stop.

And also i always lag like crazy when theres alot of people.

Im using geforce 4, DSL modem.

Other ppl that have crappy graphics card never lag and im like the only one, im tired of having 1000 ping and people awping me when it barely takes like 3 seconds to take the scope out in awp_map.

anyone know why this happens?

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
What are your other computer specs (such as RAM, CPU speed)? Also, what other programs do you have running when you play CS?

Counter-Strike and Steam are highly CPU-dependent. Other processes running while you're playing CS can bog down your computer a lot.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i get lag when i run ventrillo and cs at the same time :(

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Yep, your computer is too slow for CS and Steam. Your computer meets the bare minimum requirements, but that just means that CS will run on your system; it doesn't mean that it'll run well. You need a new computer--or at least a new processor.

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Processor is fine. I run an 850 and 900mhz with 20ish ping and great fps. You need more ram, I would guess. Free up some processes or upgrade.

This could also be because of things like enabling high quality shadows. That will make the uberest of comps lag.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I disabled everything, if not close to everything, and I get the same problems though... Must be my O/S.. :-/

I have an Intel 1.8gHz, 512MB DDRRAM, however a 16MB Video card. I only have a problem when people talk (so I've disabled that), or when I hover over someone, and that colored text shows up.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
You might be able to disable antialiased fonts by adding -noaafonts to the command line of Counter-Strike (right-click the game from the Games menu, click launch options and add it there). That might solve the text problem. Or you can disable it altogether by turning off autohelp and centered names in the game's options. I'll look into the voice problem... I gotta reinstall counter-strike.