Why are paladins taking over.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yea...you think blizzard would've prevented it

a huge concept of 1.10 was to balance out the game (thus synergies and nerfing), and all they did was move the power from amazons to paladins

i wish they would nerf the class to create a balance...its pretty gay when everyone has the same character with the same cookie cut build

JumpDaPhuckUp

Reaction score
imo the biggest advantage palys have is holy sheild. But with hdins pretty much being the only strong chaosers and baal runners they would need it. I did 7 hours of baal runs in one day this week, and all but one had a paly runner. Id hate seeing baal runs only last 5-10 games cause the runner had used up all their juvs so they would die fast as shit. Leaving only 18% chance to hit the person whos getting everyone the much coveted 90+lvl status wouldnt be very convienent for everyone. If Blizz came up with a way to give more than just one char class the ability to do more than 15+ runs consecutively, I think that would balance it out some. I got a 91 wind druid pullin 4.2k nado with 7k def from a2 hell def merc, all I need is way more fhr so I can keep tele'in the hell around. Hammers just make for faster baal runs, plain and simple. 150,000 dmg floating around in the throne can clean house quite quickly. If Blizz wanted to make it a little more equalized, they might consider lowering holy sheild down to make it even for pvm and pvp.
The pvp with hdins will always be unbalanced with hammers, but you can over come that with enough dmg n godly fcr. But I say nay on a total unbalancing with palys... Let em keep the dmg, but lower that damned holy sheild..

BTW the other char that did the 15+ baal runs was a tele barb with 43 bo and I did about 32 runs with him, albeit I had a 92 fury wolf with lvl 32 oak, but reguardless :-D

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Zeal and Fanaticism can take down any non-immune to phys character out there, especially with Dracul's Grasp equipped.

I had a vengadin too at one point. Did about 3000 damage a hit and was able to drop teh immunities on most of the mosnters, I was a sorceress' best friend.

Smite is also pretty nasty too.

Teh_Pwner

Member!
Reaction score
I will tell you why there are alot of paladins (please dont flame me for this)

Diablo 2 is getting older and therefore the price is going down. People in the ghetto can afford it and the paladin characters are black, thats why.

L

Laharl

Not a bad theory, PWner. Not bad at all...

I also think Blizzard buffed up paladins because they're black. Not a popular opinion among some but I think it makes sense, too.

JumpDaPhuckUp

Reaction score
Ya, you notice you cant ever see a palys face in games? Even when they dont wear helms they look like a hairless homie with no facial features.... Almost perturbing kinda :-/

L

Laharl

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of how paladins look, to be honest. I've always preferred Necros. Love their hair.

It all comes down to how utterly broken Blizzard let them become, and who knows why?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I have been wondering why some concept art for paladins shows him as a white boy?

JumpDaPhuckUp

Reaction score
Makin the paly a white boy eh? May I make a suggest for a side project for ya? Deck the d2 class chars out in gang colors. :-D Can you imagine a barb as a crip? Decked out in black with all his blue all over, left leg armor sleeve rolled up.. My God!!!!111oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneone

L

Laharl

We should work together on a "Gangsta" version of Diablo which would work on 1.11b useast.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
We should work together on a "Gangsta" version of Diablo which would work on 1.11b useast.
Yeah, then everyone would be talking street and calling each other niggas and wiggas. It wouldnt be such a fun place to be in now would it.