Who wants d3?

Justin_Moo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Think about it....D3 is a horrible idea. Come on blizzard now wants everyone to pay a fee for there new games. *World of Warcraft*. garentee they will do the same for D3. D2 is fine the way it is and if they got to add new levels and stuff make another expansion. I would want a patch that adds like 5 new acts and 6 for the hell difficulty. The only players for a fee game is obsessed kids that are spoiled by there moms(or kids that have a job) and 40+ perverts =)

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Repost:

I'd kind of like to see Blizz charge a monthly access fee for Battle.net.

It's not that I like spending money. It's not that I don't like free stuff. The problem is that when a game starts to get a little old, and sales drop, Blizz pulls most of the support and development off of the game. Wonder why 1.10 is taking so long? Because the dev team on it is so small... Blizz can't afford to have a big expensive programming team working on a game that is way past its prime (as far as sales go).

Contrast that with MMORPGs like everquest, etc, where they are pay-to-play. They are constantly being updated, There are mini-patches for updated content just about every time you connect. They are a big cash cow for the game companies, and the developers have a vested interest in supporting and improving the game - to keep subscriptions. If they let the game wane, they lose money.

A good way to do it would be to have like a $5 / month Battle.net access fee. That's about half the cost of your average MMORPG game, and would allow unlimited access to Battle.net, and all the games it supports. I'd gladly pay that in order to have better support, more frequent patches, etc.

And that way they could afford to keep adding additional content too, without selling it as expansion packs.

$5 a month... thats like nothing.