Whirlwind Assassin Guide

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
*laughs* Anyhow, it seems we are having more than one WW sin guide coming along. We might need a Guide face-off soon.

iownthefrench

Member!
Reaction score
Kao said:
Ok, so you would rather have some more IAS and FRW, as opposed to using Fade, which will be at least level 30 on this build with just the charms, and the passive DR on it, which at level 35 will be enough to make a difference, and the Curse / Poison Duration. Wow, seems you really just pulled that out of your ass. Next time try posting more on why/what you did with the stats and layout, instead of taking 4/5 of your post with listing the stats on your items.

And about the high damage claw- It's called an Eth Rare weapon. Last season I found a 364 damage claw. It's not too hard.
Kao said:
Do not use a shield on the assassin. Either use Malice (Open Wounds), or a very high damage (300+) claw to do some more damage. You will be criticized and not be using all of your potential if you use a shield. You won't be hit much, considering you're off screen for most of the time.[/QUOTE}

Considering you said it yourself, i'll be off the screen most of the time, yes, I'd just LOVE more IAS and FRW. Because seriously, what's the point of DR and Resists (except if they're autoaiming something like FoH) if you aren't able to be hit. And for that matter it's pretty hard to stay off the screen if you don't have alot of FRW. And not everyone is godly rich. This being said a good guide should list the most readily available items. Would you ever see someone list a +3 FoH cadaceus 5 socketed with 5 perfect light facets on an FoH paladin? Sorry that these rare claws don't fall out of the sky, the best you could hope for is on imbuing an eth scissors suwayyah.
And btw, I did most of the stats for reflection on the build and figuring out if it made break points.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
So you'd rather have your gear make up for your resists (which is much harder to do when you consider all the benefits from fade) to just run a little faster? Most people won't be too much faster than you so the extra FRW isn't always needed.

And a +3 FoH weapon with 5 facets is only 30%. You could opt for Crescent moon, which would provide you with alot more damage.

iownthefrench

Member!
Reaction score
Kao said:
So you'd rather have your gear make up for your resists (which is much harder to do when you consider all the benefits from fade) to just run a little faster? Most people won't be too much faster than you so the extra FRW isn't always needed.

And a +3 FoH weapon with 5 facets is only 30%. You could opt for Crescent moon, which would provide you with alot more damage.
Ok Kao, lets do some math. Perfect facet jewels have lower lightning resistance 5%. They also have +5% lightning damage on them. Now, 5x5=-25% lightning resistance, and 25% extra lightning damage on them. Ok, did we mention that the weapon has +3 FoH on it? -35% enemy lightning resistance<-25% enemy lightning resistance, +25% your lightning damage, and + to foh. Come on kids, use your brain. And dont say most people won't be too much faster than you, because i've had ton's of characters with 150%-200% FRW that could smoke most all asn's. And anyways, you still aren't saying much about the IAS, the FRW is just a nice little bonus.

It seems to me as though you can't make up your mind... you both want your asn to stay off the screen for most of the time, but then you want to give it better DR and resists while it's off the screen and out of harms way. To defend from what, fallen and the occasional zombie? And then to sacrifice that max FPA would be to make an unoptimal asn. Basically, you're defeating your own argument, and well, shit, the past couple of your posts haven't even been an argument as to why I should use fade over BoS or 2 claws as opposed to an SS, it's been you saying "OMFG UR WANT IAS AND FRW OVER RESIST Y U WANT DO THAT WHEN U CAN HAVE K3WL REISIST N' CURSEZ REDUCT!". You haven't been saying why it's better, and you said it yourself you'll be off the screen for most of the time.

ScaryShadows

Reaction score
Okay new here but I fail to see why you guys seem to be having a slanging match instead of a constructive discussion on the build(the whole point of forums such as this in my opinion..disagree with me at will :)).

We are here to improve things for each other not just slag each other off,granted their will be differences of opinion ..but why not discuss instead of flame?

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
iownthefrench- then why are you not seeing pallies with those weapons then? Eh?

You max out Burst of Speed and put 6 in fade. You make your WW sin your way, we make ours another way. Go ahead, take the IAS and FRW. Your gear will have to make up for the resist, Poison Duration, and DR that's lost. IMO I would rather max out fade, considering you will have to go melee at ONE POINT, you know. If you are dueling a smarter character, you can get hit while on their screen. This just makes you live longer. But if you want to not have those bonuses, it's your character.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a question kao, I think I heard about it, but Im not sure.

Does BoS stack up with Fade? I think it stacks with venom.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
BoS + Fade do not stack. I'm pretty sure Venom stacks with either, though.

iownthefrench

Member!
Reaction score
Kao said:
iownthefrench- then why are you not seeing pallies with those weapons then? Eh?

You max out Burst of Speed and put 6 in fade. You make your WW sin your way, we make ours another way. Go ahead, take the IAS and FRW. Your gear will have to make up for the resist, Poison Duration, and DR that's lost. IMO I would rather max out fade, considering you will have to go melee at ONE POINT, you know. If you are dueling a smarter character, you can get hit while on their screen. This just makes you live longer. But if you want to not have those bonuses, it's your character.
I have seen one or two with them, but the fact you're asking a question like this is the same as asking a question like "why don't you see people wearing wizspike gloves??" because, in this case, they are incredibly ****ing rare, and wizspike gloves because they are hacked and cost 15 or 20 high runes, something ridiculous.

We? You now make up more than one person? That's cute.

I even said it at the beginning "put points in fade if you want extra protection from casters". These are guides, not set rules by which all characters must follow.

And on the issue of making up for resists, poison duration, 4 socket shields can cheaply have 160% poison resist with 4 p-emeralds. And if FoH shows up, 160% lightning resist. And if you really wanted, you could probably find a jewelers shield with 75% poison time reduct on it. Or shop bot it.

ScaryShadows said:
Okay new here but I fail to see why you guys seem to be having a slanging match instead of a constructive discussion on the build(the whole point of forums such as this in my opinion..disagree with me at will :)).

We are here to improve things for each other not just slag each other off,granted their will be differences of opinion ..but why not discuss instead of flame?
Kao said:
If you max Fade, don't put points into BoS. Just max out others, like Shadow Master, Claw Block, Fade, Venom. If you are lucky enough to find a +1 DF / +1 MB Elite claw, that can save many points.

Do not use a shield on the assassin. Either use Malice (Open Wounds), or a very high damage (300+) claw to do some more damage. You will be criticized and not be using all of your potential if you use a shield. You won't be hit much, considering you're off screen for most of the time.

I'm pretty sure I -could- make a better ww sin guide, but it's late right now.

Oh, and your guide isn't a guide. Possibly over 200 strength? Have you even made a WW sin before? Jesus.

Dexterity will not need to be that high. You will probably be using a Ravenfrost, so that's 20 dex. And most duelers are around 85 or so, so build your guide around that.
Well ScaryShadows, I appreciate all the constructive criticism on the post, like opinions on double claws and fade, but as you can see, Kao is basically a complete asshole. In the first post he makes, he acts incredibly arrogant, and when asked to back it up he couldn't/can't. Other people asked things, or made comments like
Guru said:
It triggers zons dodge skills

Its also probably better to go c/c, and there are several other thing i disagree with, i just dont have time right now
WildfireFX said:
Few things to add.

I'd do max claw block (blocking orb shards anyone?) and chaos/fury claw. That's just me though. Also, WW with two weapons is twice the pain :doh

Nice guide.
they were polite, had something to say about the guide, but didn't do it in a childish way. I don't have anything constructive criticism, or diverging opinions, just something against cocksuckers.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
OT: Oh no, HEAVEN FORBID a person on a forum with over 60,000 members is an asshole.

Oh, and how was my first post arrogant? I fail to see the part where it says KAO IS ACTING ARROGANT ON THIS POST.

iownthefrench

Member!
Reaction score
Kao said:
OT: Oh no, HEAVEN FORBID a person on a forum with over 60,000 members is an asshole.

Oh, and how was my first post arrogant? I fail to see the part where it says KAO IS ACTING ARROGANT ON THIS POST.
Kao said:
If you max Fade, don't put points into BoS. Just max out others, like Shadow Master, Claw Block, Fade, Venom. If you are lucky enough to find a +1 DF / +1 MB Elite claw, that can save many points.

Do not use a shield on the assassin. Either use Malice (Open Wounds), or a very high damage (300+) claw to do some more damage. You will be criticized and not be using all of your potential if you use a shield. You won't be hit much, considering you're off screen for most of the time.

I'm pretty sure I -could- make a better ww sin guide, but it's late right now.

Oh, and your guide isn't a guide. Possibly over 200 strength? Have you even made a WW sin before? Jesus.

Dexterity will not need to be that high. You will probably be using a Ravenfrost, so that's 20 dex. And most duelers are around 85 or so, so build your guide around that.
If you can't realize that counts as arrogance, then you're a total incompetent. Sorry kid.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Saying you'll be criticized isn't being arrogant. I'm telling you what can and probably WILL happen.

Just because I said I could make a better guide means nothing. I was referring to your guide as in- ALL you did was list items. Big ****ing deal, that doesn't do anything. If you want to write a guide, describe how to play the damn character, and what you'd need/how you'd have to play in order to kill other characters.

And no assasin ever has over 200 strength without gear. Are you insane or just plain dumb?

iownthefrench

Member!
Reaction score
Kao said:
Saying you'll be criticized isn't being arrogant. I'm telling you what can and probably WILL happen.

Just because I said I could make a better guide means nothing. I was referring to your guide as in- ALL you did was list items. Big ****ing deal, that doesn't do anything. If you want to write a guide, describe how to play the damn character, and what you'd need/how you'd have to play in order to kill other characters.

And no assasin ever has over 200 strength without gear. Are you insane or just plain dumb?
I assume people on here have the intelligence to assume it's the str required for gear. I guess after meeting you I should probably rethink that. And not only that, but I said it was dependent on gear. If you don't like the higher str reqs on some of the items, just pop in some hels; do I have to lead you by the hand or something? I listed the advantages to such a character, and I listed what the equipment would do. I listed the skills and their importance, unless they were blatantly obvious. Did you even read the guide? Or do you just not understand english? I listed the items simply so people would know what i'm talking about, mainly because I just got back after 6 months and realized I had no idea what a CoA or a Hades was, and found it annoying as shit when people used these terms and nobody bothered to explain them.

Furthermore, saying "I could make a better guide if I wanted to, but i'm too tired" is arrogance in it's purest form. It's the equivalent of a guitarist walking into their local Sam Ash and saying "I can shred 10x faster than any of you, but I'm just too tired". You know what happens when you do that? You get laughed out of there and/or get your ass kicked depending on the crowd.

You can't argue otherwise.

But it was fun while it lasted wasn't it, sport?

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
So why don't you tell me why you'd need 200 strength then, eh? What item will require 200 strength?

And big ****ing deal. If I'm arrogant, I'm arrogant. And Yeah, if I am, I'm proud of it, because in the end I still think your guide just blows.

And Most people know what the stats are on the items you've listed. You don't need to take up 90% of your post with items.

iownthefrench said:
Stats
Str: Enough for gear (which could be over 200+ depending on armor)
Dex:222 dex (for max block with SS at level 99)
Skills (75 points total)
MAX Claw Mastery
MAX Venom
MAX Cloak of Shadows
1 Mind Blast
6 Burst of Speed
1 Dragon Flight
1 Wake of Fire
6 Prerequisites
Gear:
Weapon: Chaos Claws (obviously)
Shield: Storm Shield (socket with an um or whatever else you'd like)
Body:Bramble Or Stone
Gloves: Trang Oul's Gloves or Dracul's Grasp
Boots: Shadow Dancers or Gore Riders (up'd if you can get them)
Belt: Nosferatu's Coil
Rings: Raven Frost and perf Wisp projector resist/dual leech rings
Ammy: nice rare with resists, assassin skills, etc. Or highlords or maras or rising sun if you want some fire absorb too...
Helm: Crown of Ages (socket however you need it most...)
Charms:
Mana charms Life charms martial art skill GCs
Jewels: 5/5 poison facets

Reasons:
I chose most of this gear because it gives you,.
if you can afford it, you get 50% DR (max), 75% chance to block,
a ton of defense, 2nd break point for faster block, nice absorbs and
resists, 4 frame hit recovery, good venom damage and the fastest
hit rate (7.5fpa) for an assassin. This means more hits when you
use whirlwind and faster attack in general (which can’t hurt). Also,
the reason I chose to use an SS over two claws was based on the
fact Assassins have such a great block rate, and not only that but
the large amount of dex required to make a melee build successful like
this naturally gets you full block.

The basic strategy is as follows, you dragon flight onto someone, then
use whirlwind. Venom takes them to one hp, and then you just mind
blast them if they try to run. I added Wake of Fire just in case you need
to hold someone down in order to WW them.

The remaining 36 points can go into whatever. Suggestions include
beefing up mindblast, dragon flight, shadow master, dragon talon,
tiger strike, etc. Or fade if you want extra protection from casters.

Not only that, but the idea of using the +poison skill things like trangs
gloves only in town while casting venom might be a good idea if it applies
the effects immediately and then switching back. Maybe also having a
weapon switch of 2 bartucs or 2 +3 venom claws to precast might be a
good strategy along those lines.
If you are so much 'better' than me at making a guide, and obviously understanding what people want to know when they read a guide, where is your 'how to play the character EFFECTIVELY section? Or other usefull information? You just said you DF in, WW, MB if they run. That's very helpful to those newbs out there, you know. Why don't you explain how to NOT GET HIT when you are trying to avoid them, and what to do when you do encounter a character that can kill you, eh? Just listing stats and saying WW isn't enough to make a guide.

If you still need an example: take this link.

See that? Gear is just the names of the items. See the main focus of the guide? HOW TO PLAY THE CHARACTER. There's a hint for you.

iownthefrench

Member!
Reaction score
Kao said:
So why don't you tell me why you'd need 200 strength then, eh? What item will require 200 strength?

And big ****ing deal. If I'm arrogant, I'm arrogant. And Yeah, if I am, I'm proud of it, because in the end I still think your guide just blows.

And Most people know what the stats are on the items you've listed. You don't need to take up 90% of your post with items.

If you are so much 'better' than me at making a guide, and obviously understanding what people want to know when they read a guide, where is your 'how to play the character EFFECTIVELY section? Or other usefull information? You just said you DF in, WW, MB if they run. That's very helpful to those newbs out there, you know. Why don't you explain how to NOT GET HIT when you are trying to avoid them, and what to do when you do encounter a character that can kill you, eh? Just listing stats and saying WW isn't enough to make a guide.

If you still need an example: take this link.

See that? Gear is just the names of the items. See the main focus of the guide? HOW TO PLAY THE CHARACTER. There's a hint for you.
First off, the three highest defense armors in the game have an over 200 str req. Laquered plate, Sacred Plate, and Shadow Plate. Sorry if I figured a dueling character would want the most amount of defense possible. But then again your magical fade would take care of that and everything else ever no matter what. FFS, all of the promises of fade, you sound like John Kerry, saying you will do everything, always, perfectly. You still haven't told me WHY fade is better than BoS is better in this case. You just made some pathetic cop out which would give you an inferior character. Come on, back up your shit.

Second, admitting that you're an arrogant isn't something to be proud of. Just like being a heroin addict or a homosexual. And well, in the end, I really don't CARE what the opinion of some arrogant fool is (the internet affectionately dubs these people as noobs, btw.)

Third, I already said WHY I gave the stats of the items, and personally, if you don't like it, I don't give a shit unless you can tell me a legitimate reason why not to.

Fourth, having to explain to people how to not get hit is like explaining to people how to hostile another player. It's common sense, and if you don't have it then you probably shouldn't be dueling in the first place. Seriously, there's a thing called a "screen" and a viewable area, if they can't see you, they can't hit you unless they are hacking (obviously with the exception of nearly blind firing, guided arrows, multi, or hacking). Oh and speaking about what to do when you DO encounter a character that can kill you, maybe I should copy your guide with the highly informative "Assassin [WW]: Good luck. No Advice here." or "Necromancer [Bone]: These bastards are like Sorcs. Watch out for IBS. Good luck killing one of these." Basically, the first one, you just say "tehehe **** it!" and the second you say "getting hit by enemy skills is BAD! getting hurt is bad!" Not only that but with this wonderful "Useful Information Section" I still don't see it in your guide, unless you consider that intro where you just go "Yeah, you see, even though I ****ed up my build I was so godly. Man I was so awesome. And I was incredibly rich. Richer beyond your wildest dreams. I couldn't believe how awesome I was. Like, I didn't even MEAN to be so awesome. And when I was, everything just died instantly like LOLOLOLOLOL" And for the record, i'm not the arrogant asshole going around saying I can do everything better than everyone else, I never said I knew exactly what people want. Generally when friends come to me and ask how to build their characters I give them my best advice. I listed the items because half of the time when I talk to them alot of them don't know abbreviations or what the item does, what makes it important. Sorry I didn't know about writing a little tidbit on how exactly you want to Dragon Flight, Whirl Wind, and then Mind Blast every different character. Does that make anything else you said about fade or the other bullshit you said any more correct?

Kao said:
And just because on a second reading which I did today, I was curious: Are you actually bragging about being an asshole? You're literally proud of it? Sad...

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Wow, someone a little anal today? And sure, why not- i'll brag about being an asshole.

PEOPLE ON BATTLEFORUMS! HEAR HEAR! I, KAO, AM A COMPLETE ARROGANT ASSHOLE BECAUSE I SAID I CAN DO SOMETHING BETTER THAN SOMEONE ELSE. ALL SHALL PAY FOR SAYING THAT I AM WRONG.

Happy?

Oh, and why would you EVER need to have a high defense armor like that? You've got to be kidding me. Use Bramble Archon plate, which could save you *GASP!* 100 or so points into strength, which means more health. And they have the same defense or so, so I don't see why you got so offended when I criticized your 200 strength. And when did I say my necro kills everything? Really, go quote me from my own guide on this. I said it'll kiill MOST people, not EVERYTHING. You need to get past your little problem with me being an arrogant asshole and stop making shit up. And when did I say I ****ed up my build?

Fade Benefists:
Resists,
Reduces Curse Duration
Passive PDR
Sexy look (doesn't mean anything)

BoS Benefits:
FRW
IAS

Hmm...I would rather take Fade, so when I do get hit, which is normal for a character to do in a duel, the damage is reduced greatly. I know i'd be getting hit at least one time or so usually, so I would naturally take Fade, and build my gear around what I Need. So, if you want to use a shield, and completly negate Claw Block, which blocks Elemental Attacks, go ahead. You can take more damage if you want, but I'd be happier if I didn't. Using a shield is like going 2 handed with a sword on a paladin- why? I mean, you could be a charger, but you wouldn't get the benefits of Holy Shield on a paladin, which is pretty much an awesome skill to begin with. Same with Claw Block. Well, we all have our downfalls. I'm an arrogant asshole, and you don't know how to make a WW assassin.

Did you even read my guide? Dueling a Bone Necro without enigma is quite hard, unless you like to spam Bone Wall constantly. And IBS- you can't do anything about that.

And you obviously didn't read the part later on where I said I'd redo the build. Heaven forbid someone not reading all the posts in a thread that they haven't seen before. Oh my.

And I sound like John Kerry because I said I could probably do better? No, I would sound like him if I said I WOULD and WILL do better, and that you made horrible decisions.