• Zerg

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Random

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
G

ggurface

How did you pick your race?
Based on how units look? Or specific units abilities?
Did you play Starcraft 1?
Did playing Starcraft 1 and/or Brood War influence your decision?

I picked protoss because I played protoss in Starcraft 1. The more I play the more I realize protoss is no longer the ability heavy race I thought it was, there's many abilities for Terran and Zerg this time around. I still remember the fun times I had with multiple recalls and stasis. :)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I used to play Protoss in Sc1 a lot, my second hand race was Terran.

I have to get used to SC2 to consider which race I really want to play as. So far, I am having an easier time microing with Terran, but I still need to produce units faster. I might do Zerg in Sc2, but I need to see how they work this time.

W

Webnet

Protoss is a no brainer, I'm horrible with Zerg, and I'm ok with Terran. There's something about the Protoss that says power to me, maybe it's the shields...

I

inmateresources

Hi..................

Classes: I’ve played Combat Rogue BC, and Prot Warrior, I just prefer melee. You might prefer anything, but to start, you should try playing a melee dps, because they are generally easier to level than a clothie or a healer. A paladin would be a great choice because they can effectively DPS, Tank, or Heal depending on spec you use, and they start with Mail, replaced with Plate armor @ level 40, and have decent healing for grinding and solo questing.

Thanks

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
Hi..................

Classes: I’ve played Combat Rogue BC, and Prot Warrior, I just prefer melee. You might prefer anything, but to start, you should try playing a melee dps, because they are generally easier to level than a clothie or a healer. A paladin would be a great choice because they can effectively DPS, Tank, or Heal depending on spec you use, and they start with Mail, replaced with Plate armor @ level 40, and have decent healing for grinding and solo questing.

Thanks
Very large failure you are. :yikes:

To actually post on topic. I've rarely played starcraft ever, but when I did I played protoss.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Just a WoWtard 2 posts above and troll. I'd go the TeamLiquid style and ban such on the minute.

My order of playing Blizz games is: Starcraft&Brood War from release to '99. Diablo 2 LoD, Warcraft 2 BtdP from 2001-2003. Warcraft 3 from 2003-2008/2010. Starcraft 2 from 2010+ In this range my races in sc-war2-3-sc2 were Protoss (just copy my bro), then Human in war2, then Human in war3 and some time before War3 I switched to terran and decided to follow the Human line, so Terran in SC2.

Hi ggurface you can figure out my name who I am at hiveworkshop? That's my official name btw excluding the 1337 form

So where the heck are you Chris, honestly I dont care that this place consist of 10 members I don't mind chatting with the 2-3 persons I know like the good old times than the mass of tards at TheHiveWorkshop who think they know melee, bnet features and such. the mapmakers o_O

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Played Terran in SC when they were the underpowered race that relied on positioning and strategy.

Was Undead in WCIII.

Played Terran for 4 months in SCII, switched to Zerg a few months ago.

Reasons:
Zerg is closer to Undead than anything. In addition, I hate the marauder. Went 20-9 into my diamond ladder without ever once building a marader. Got tired of Terran as a bull**** a-move race.
Zerg is a much stronger race. It's more rewarding to play, and takes more skill. The minute Terran loses the marader I'm going back to them.

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to say Protoss since that's what I played in BW, but I wanna try the other races too, so I switched to Zerg a couple of days ago. I still suck, though.

I just can't stop staring at all the cool buliding animations and studying the units, so I easily lose my focus and the games I play :(

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i like to play random. i think my worse race is protoss. i'm pretty good with zerg, it's just harder sometimes to create a relatively large army. i just have a harder time going moving away from gateway units

N

numb2k3

I exclusively played protoss on Starcraft so I mostly play Protoss on Starcraft 2 but I also play Terran once in a while. Hate zerg x_x

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Zerg takes the most skill to play.

Mostly becasue what a Terran and Protoss can do to beat a zerg is much easier to execute than what it takes for a Zerg to defend. That being said, when a Zerg knows what they are doing, they will almost always win. Zerg are really ****ing strong when the right player is using them

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
What exactly is so strong about the Zerg?

Anyway, untill I get myself a better computer and can play without having a 10 seconds break every minute, I'll be sticking with Random! But I prefer Terran for the time being as they're pretty automatic and the music's nice.

Pan: Marauders on the high ground, with slow effect upgrade, are great versus melee units if paired with marines. But I agree, they're a bit fat and clumpsy.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
What exactly is so strong about the Zerg?

Anyway, untill I get myself a better computer and can play without having a 10 seconds break every minute, I'll be sticking with Random! But I prefer Terran for the time being as they're pretty automatic and the music's nice.

Pan: Marauders on the high ground, with slow effect upgrade, are great versus melee units if paired with marines. But I agree, they're a bit fat and clumpsy.
the ability to Macro instantly. I have 2 main hatchs, and 1 natural hatch which can produce up to 21 drones at once which is an entire expansion worth of drones instantly.

A zerg player can do a 300 food push, attacking with a 200/200 army and re-macroing close to 100 extra food as reinforcements. Thats 300 supply thrown at the enemy.

The production ability late game is off the charts.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I agree, Queens are quite powerfull. But since you mentioned it's harder for Zerg to defend, I thought you meant microing/ability wise instead.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Zerg early game has to balance drone production/army production. The smaller the maps the better this has to be. I need a standing army to simply not die in a push on Steppes of War. I can hold off and drone on Shakuras or larger maps because I am safer.

Plus a Stim timing push or 4gate requires MUCH less skill to execute than a Zerg defence.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I see it's still a like a ghost town on BattleForums, huh?