Where are the cdkey stored in the mpq files?

Pytte

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Don't recommend me to only'ers cdkey changer.. I need to know which files are holding the cdkey in Diablo 2.. this goes for d2data.mpq and d2exp.mpq..

In warcraft 3 it's:

war3.mpq:
font\font.ccd
font\font.clh
font\font.gid
(attributes)
listfile)

war3x.mpq:
font\font.ccd
font\font.exp
(attributes)
(listfile)

When you have those files extracted for each cd-key you have you can put em in with mpq2k before you start a game and have multiple cd-keys..

This is the way I would like to make it work for Diablo 2 .. and Starcraft.. but have been unable to find any files resembling .. of course attributes and listfile are always there..

Anyone have some information ? Or maybe a source code to only'ers program ..

bigginz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well if your attempting to make a cd-key grabber your a few weeks behind everyone else cuz its already been made and released to the public, but other than that i dont kno wat u would be looking for where the cd-keys are installed...

Pytte

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is for a gaming center.. I need a fast and console like way to refill cd keys for licenses.. I only have 8 versions of D2 and starcraft.. so I need to fill out those 8 to those that are playing.. so if anyone have a console cdkey changer that would work too ..

only'ers cdkey changer requires stuff that I don't want to have on our computers .. so the only other way is to do it yourself..

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
only'ers cdkey changer requires stuff that I don't want to have on our computers .. so the only other way is to do it yourself..
cd-keys in registry in a gaming center = lost cd-keys in no time :p

can't help u here ... maybe u should email onlyer and ask if no1 here knows :)

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
mehi would have to search for my old source codes for the exact location, anyway, theyre encrypted and you kinda need to intercept the bnclient.dll because that file has the encryption/decryption routine. if you actually dont know anything about reverse engineering and debugging

****S SAKE WTF SUPID ASS IS so LOUD

anyway
youre pretty ****ed because you wont be able to do this. your best bet is to put onlyers cd key refiller and grabber in your program and then make your program control it (hidden), that shouldnt be too hard since the grabber is dos and the refiller is pretty simple too

Pytte

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well the way I do it with warcraft 3 .. is that i take out the files that contain the cdkey, and put them in a folder.. and do that for all the cd keys i have.. then I add them with mpq2k when the client starts the program, our launcher can control the licenses, and randomizes what cdkey is used.. and when there's no more cd-keys .. then people have to wait for someone to stop playing..

Don't think I need to know the actual cd-key.. just what files to extract - and later add..

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i dont think i have the information anymore cos i got a new pc and i did stuff with it on the old, anyway when i needed to know it i found it on google. BESIDES i already posted it 3 times on this forum so wait ill just search it
*searches*
*finds*

d2sfx.mpq: cdkey owner: data\global\sfx\cursor\curindx.wav
d2sfx.mpq: classic cdkey: data\global\sfx\cursor\wavindx.wav
d2char.mpq: lod cdkey: data\global\chars\am\cof\amblxbow.cof

Pytte

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yay.. thankyou.. wern't able to find it with search.. You know the location for starcraft too ?

Pytte

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm it seems to give me some error when i try to connect to battle.net about this cdkey was not intended to install on this version .. am I maybe missing some files?

bigginz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think that means you put the key in wrong does it say like " Cd-key was not intended for this product"? if thats it you put in key wrong