When is it a good time to bluff

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
in Texas Hold 'Em? I mean I usually never bluff but I gotta keep my opponents off balance. Whenever I bluff I lose all my chips. Help plx kthx

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Bluff when you see that if you have a certain card you could have a high hand, but don't do so if you actually have absolutely nothing in your hand.

L

Laharl

Always bluff. Bluff when you have good cards, bluff when you don't. Bluff about bluffing. Throw them off. Randomly be perfectly honest.

Bluff your way to victory.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
if there is no chance that the cards on the table could even come close to making any decent hand, don't bluff like you actualy do, because they know that you have jack.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
My advice is to wear glass's so they can't see your eyes

L

Laharl

Yes, but it's not like hold'em is.. You know... Hard. Bluff your way to victory and they shall fear your bluffy might.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Texas Hold'em is like being a D&D Rogue, you need to be deceptive and crafty in order to succeed and get what you want.

First of all, don't make an obvious bluff. Like going on all in on a crappy hand. He may forsee it and attack you by going equal.

Second, don't make yourself readable.
If you do anything that makes you look like you are going to win, like a reaction or a slight alter in your eyes, you won't get much.

Third, do what Glowpole said and get sunglasses or a pattern that covers your eyes. Some places may allow you to do this, if they don't, then work on a strong, emotionless poker face.

And try to attack the confidence in your opponent, there is more than 1 way in Texas Hold'em to make an opponent suffer. When they feel they may have won, do something a little drastic, even if your hand is kinda weak.

Chances are he will either continue the play, or surrender.