What's on the other side of a black hole

themonkeyc

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
really, black holes have almost no volume. as i said before, they only part of the black hole that is the black hole is singularity. since singualrity is infitely small, it has almost no (my book told me it has NO density, but i have trouble imagining that.) volume.

this may be contradicting myself, but static black holes have a ring shaped singularity. if you could survive the gravitational pull (wich is less in larger blackholes) it may be possible to travel past singularity

also, does anyone besides me know what a naked singularity is?

themonkeyc

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
2 things: wormholes are much more likely to exist than whiteholes, because they are mathamatically proven. Besides not being mathamatically proven, its likely the stuff "spit out" by a white hole would form into another black hole, and suck the white hole in. no scientists have ever seen anything like this, so i think thats proof enough that there are no black holes

freestyler

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, I know shit all about black holes but I have a few questions for u genius's. Ok, first off the whole age old "light cant escape it's gravity..." dont u think this is all a little too far! I mean, it's just gravity... light has no mass. Another thing, how come it only gets so damn powerful when it explodes from a star into a little black ball? Wouldnt its super mass as a star still have the same grav pull? same amount of mass... one more thing on the too far statement (this originally posted by tronga monga)
"I think that it atracts not only materia, but the space it self (it virtually sucks the dimensions) and even time. Of course, it's only a theory, may be wrong as well" time cant be sucked by GRAVITY!! just settle down man

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Blackholes and wormholes are two very different things.

themonkeyc- a singularity is a point with infinite density and no volume, it's what's at the END of a black hole, it's located an infinite number of lightyears inside of it. Black holes have mass and volume. You can't survive the gravity of any black hole because once you pass the event horizon, time stops. A naked singularity is one resulting from a Kurr black hole that has lost its event horizon.

A large star doesn't have a singularity, so spacetime is much less bent around it.
Time is relative and can be slowed just as light can.

Induhvidual_1

Reaction score
um if no one answered with this cuz i didnt read all the replies

black holes have no other side, they are just energy left over from stars taht suck mass in and never let out, they grow bigger and bigger but they have no other side, they have an inside, what you are trying to say, I think if im correct, is worm hole.

MacMan

Reaction score
A WORM HOLE IS NOT A SINGULARITY

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by freestyler
time cant be sucked by GRAVITY!! just settle down man
Don't be so sure about that.

Time is not such an absolute thing. We are completly unaware of the true powers of gravity.

It can even suck up other forces.

themonkeyc

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by MacMan
once you pass the event horizon, time stops.
really? do you mean that time stops, because 1. people see you on the edge of the horizion forever, but that doesnt mean time stops. 2. since time is basically the flow of event (its arbitrary) time still exists within the black hole.

themonkeyc

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I mean, it's just gravity... light has no mass.
actually, i think light does have mass (im not entirely sure) because it is made out of photons, which are particles ans should have some mass, even if its bery small.

freestyler

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I know what u mean by saying time stops, but that again is only a theory of physics. hearing u say that instantly makes me reconsider the whole theory...see, cause if we sent in a drone of somesort with cameras and heaps of other recording equipment, and it was being sent thru a live feed, would it suddenly freeze like a computer game playing up?? I dont think so. I also dont think time is a fabric. It's nothing. It's just a name we gave to generalise and cover years and days etc. It cant be manipulated... u cant go back to waterloo cause it has already happenned and every single person in that time has died. Saying that u can manipulate time raises many nother questions of where time is remembered and stored for example?? Is it God's job... endless questions... to wrap it up, I dont think time would freeze after u reached over speed of light.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NOTHING is at the other side of a black hole. All a blackhole is is a star, with an ENORMOUS gravitaional pull, so strong that not even light can escape it's surface.

themonkeyc

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, actually a black hole WAS a star. now its a black hole. besides since there are some blackholes with ring shaped singularities, it is conceivable to pass through one. not likely though.

themonkeyc

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
cause if we sent in a drone of somesort with cameras and heaps of other recording equipment, and it was being sent thru a live feed, would it suddenly freeze like a computer game playing up?? I dont think so
well, actually it would. the live feed would be sent by radio signals right? radio signals, like light, are drawn into a black hole.

also, in theory if you threw a clock into a black hole, it would slow down. time can be thought of as arbitrary, and that expirement proves it. if its not hought of as arbitrary, then its the flow of events. and that would mean blackholes dont affect time.

but, you can look at things that happened in the past with a telescope. so i guess in some ways even the other perception of time can be affected.

MacMan

Reaction score
themonkeyc- Time stops, the image people see are the photons captured as you entered the event horizon, time stops for you once you travel >c. Photons have no mass, they arn't matter.
freestyler- Time stops for you, not the whole universe. Everything is relative.
themonkeyc- all Kurr black holes have rings, I don't know why you would think you could pass through one though; the things that pass through the infinitly small hole are traped there forever, everything else is turned into radiation. Looking at things through a microscope is just looking at old light, what's already happened has happened millions of years ago. (The root "poli" is spelled poly.)

freestyler

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, macman who just thinks he can shut me up with one little sentence, why dont u explain urself a little better... u dont know what ur talking about

MacMan

Reaction score
I wasn't "shut[ting] you up" I was replying to your post.

Time freezes for you only as you reach the speed of light. Even in things like air planes flown around the Earth, time slows (as measured on atomic clocks with the vibrations of cesium) more for a plane going with the orbit of the Earth (and therefore faster; closer to the speed of light) than a plane going the opposite direction. This phenomenon is called the Twin Paradox, and is why in sci-fi novels the main character can travel warp speed into space and return home to find all of his friends have aged 80 years; time has slowed down for him.

The equation to express this effect is called the time dilation equation (delta t = delta T/ SQRT[ 1 - ((v^2)/(c^2))]) where c=speed of light (180,000mps or 300,000kps) and v is the speed. When v and c become equal, their squares are equal, and then result in the answer 1, which is then subtracted from 1 and the square root is taken from that. The square root of 0 (not to be confused with SQRT(-1)), is 0, expressed as delta T, 0 is the time that passes in that instance; none. Delta t is the time that passes in other instances, which means time does not stop as a whole, but is instead relative to the speed of light.
Time is also very much a part of space fabric (hence space time), the faster you travel to the speed of light, the heavier you become, until at c you become infinitely heavy.

Now, would you like to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about again?

freestyler

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ooo, u think ur so smart . What u failed to mention in those experiments is that when the clocks came back they were slighlty varied, but I already told u I knew about that, I just said that I was rethinking the whole theory after what u said about time stopping if u went into a black hole. And I mean anyway man, all the equations linked with space time and speed cant be conclusively PROVEN. Again... only a THEORY

MacMan

Reaction score
(I said one plane would travel slower than the other, the discrepancy is assumed.)
The physical proof of two nuclear clocks becoming so misaligned that they read a measurable nanosecond off from one and other (something that doesn't just happen overnight) isn't proof to you? Once you pass the event horizon of a black hole you are traveling faster than the speed of light, therefore, time stops for you and your body becomes infinitely heavy, and is then torn into oblivion.

as-s_clown

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only thing on the other side of a black hole is
DEATH

the black hole is just a collapsed stare wich has so much pressure pushing down on it(and u if ur stupid enough to enter) and will emplode(not explode) so ur squished like a bug

im my oppinion