WCIII:FT Install help

SubFuze

Reaction score
I have WCIII:RoC installed (copied the program directory from a back-up folder), yes I bought the program, and I just bought Frozen Throne tonight (yeah, yeah...). I tried to install it but got an error message that WCIII isn't installed. From what I've figured out, I need these three files:

War3unin.dat
War3unin.exe (I was able to extract this file from the cd with an mpq viewer)
War3unin (This file contains no extension)

all in the windows directory

can anyone help? the main thing I think I need at this point is the war3unin.dat

I would just reinstall but my CD key is at my mom's house and since she lives on the east coast, it's too late to call and ger her to give it to me...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
He bought it so he just needs reinstalling. Do like me, search your disk for everything 'warcraft' delete all programs like uninstall, temp files, shortcuts (especially to folders containing warcraft files). When you get rid of all try to reinstall it. If you reinstall the file should appear.

SubFuze

Reaction score
Since I'm up to date with all the patches, the only CD Key grabber I could find wouldn't work. I should be able to get the key now since it's a reasonable hour to call the east coast... If my mom isn't able to find the key (which shouldn't be a problem, I know exactly where it is), does anyone know if it's possible to install FT by just getting War3unin.dat on my system?

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Don't know why you would copy the program directory from another folder... Thats going to cause all sorts of issues if the path it was origninally installed on and the path its on now aren't the same. I need alot more details... why can't you just uninstall and reinstall the original? And why would you back up your directory in the first place? ASSUMING that the system your trying to run it on never had warcraft III installed on it in the first place and your just copying the directory from another machine, then im not at all surprized that your getting errors and you have pretty much no choice but to just reintall the game using the game disk. For copy-protection the game is designed to make it alot harder than just copying the program files from one machine to another, you need lots of other system files and stuff. Just save yourself hours and hours of work by just reinstalling ROC

SubFuze

Reaction score
I copied the directory from another hard drive because I reinstalled windows on a new drive. The game works fine, I can play online and everything. I just got off the phone with my mom and it looks like the game CD case isn't with the rest of the stuff (I bought the collectors edition and everything is in the box except for the game CD case). I'm sure it's floating around somewhere in some stack of CDs, but considering I have 1200 or so music CDs and a number of computer CD cases (and they sometimes got mixed up), it might not be the easiest thing to find. I'm having her check another place or two, but I don't expect her to look all over the house for me (or look through my huge CD collection). If she can't find it, I guess I may just be out of luck until the next time I'm back there and can look for it myself (which will be a little over a month from now).

Anyway, if anyone else has any ideas of what I can do to get TFT installed, I'd love to hear 'em. I also understand why people would be skeptical of me and I'd be happy to post pics for proof of ownership of what I have out here (the WCIII:RoC Collector's edition CD and TFT (CD, case, box, recipt)).

XsexecutionerX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you had patched the game from previous versions then there should be a revert in your war3 folder somewhere, revert to previous version then use the grabber

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Why did he revive a 2 year old thread for a request?