WATER UNITS

Darktekmaster

Member!
Reaction score
:angry i always wanted to make a water unit like a carrier to hold siege tanks and unload them on the bottem of his base on fastest and jus siege... then boom i pwned him but sc dint put them in!!:angry

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Darktekmaster said:
:angry i always wanted to make a water unit like a carrier to hold siege tanks and unload them on the bottem of his base on fastest and jus siege... then boom i pwned him but sc dint put them in!!:angry

Water units are useless because of air trans. Air can traverse over more than any water unit. Water units just don't cut the jiff. They are just too limited.

Darktekmaster

Member!
Reaction score
they have their advantages... ..say 1 is anti air sub... and u need detects to take it out... so 1 is under water around ur map on fastest... they fly air by.. boom

PauseBreak

Reaction score
True, by there aren't a lot of maps that have water in them. Plus, I don't think anyone would use them if there were any. Just like the Zerg's Queen. It has a purpose, yes, but its so useless hardly anyone makes one. Its a waste of minerals and gas. And if professional players really know they units costs and economy I don't think they would waste the minerals.
As for subs STA missles, turrets do just fine. :)

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]Water units would be good, but there's just not enough water on most of the maps. As said before, it'd be too limited.[/glow]

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would any races need a water unit when they can fly? And especially when they're in a space?? :S

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]No, I'm just basing that off the current maps and the disregard that this is a Starcraft 2 forum. Eat me Austin. <3[/glow]

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
DeathClaw said:
Water units are so old fashioned. With all the space crafts, there's no need to glide over water anymore.
So space crafts don't glide over water?

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
N_LeGenD) said:
Why would any races need a water unit when they can fly? And especially when they're in a space?? :S
yeah i mean, i would like a little battleship for the water and carriers to fix up planes but a ship in space can just blast all their watercraft to rubble. and i dont think the zerg wouldn't like the salt water on their skin

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
thast woudl so imbalance the game

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Wing Zero said:
thast woudl so imbalance the game
I don't think it would imbalance the game, every civ would have its counter. Just why have boats when space craft are so much better.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Because it's realistic?

You know, aside from the whole, space war and Zerg / Protoss...whatever

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
I don't think it would imbalance the game, every civ would have its counter.
k lets have mass subs across the bottme right of the map nuke the crap out of positioned on the top left

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Why have boats? That's a ridiculous question.

Strategy wise, it would open up a whole new dimension of the game. "Oh no it won't, I mean, OMGZ SPACECRAFT GO OVER TEH WATER!!11" Yes, they do. They also get owned by any decent anti-air defense. Someone masses anti-air on the other side of the water? Launch a naval attack. They guard their side of the river with turrets? Ferry some ground units over. It's obvious what its purpose would be; it would make players build more than just anti-air on their side of a water body.

And the submarine idea is decent. An 'invisible' unit when submerged, but can also move at the same time. I'm sure they would add some significance to it, like having an upgrade which allows it to detect.

Now, of course some people are saying "But you can't expect water on all the mapz LOLLIEZ!!1" Obviously. Guess what? You don't use water units on waterless maps. Holy shit, what a hard concept. No water, no water units. Gee whiz.

And from a map maker's point of view, it would be a beautiful addition to the game. There would be infinitely more possibilities with UMS maps, nevermind the kind of naval-based Melee maps that would undoubtedly be made.

I like the idea. I give it my seal of approval.