Warcraft Movie Announced - No D3 Announcement

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Well, Blizzard may have another trick up their sleeve.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/705/705796p1.html

You read it. A Warcraft movie. My God. Overkill on the Warcraft franchise. Although this may lead to a future Diablo movie, I'm still a little upset over my fatigue of Warcraft. How about you? I guess they'll just have to use the box office money to further improve Diablo 3, since everyone knows Diablo is Blizzard's true pride and joy.

WE WANT DIABLO 3, BLIZZARD!

:hbut

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
e3 is just begining. WHo knows what else is in store?

Edit; Blizzard doesn't really have any part in this persae...As far as I understand it, Image Studios came to Blizzard asking them for the rights to make a Warcraft Movie, and giving them some kind of income because of intellectual property.

Though I can't wait for everyone to go "OMG BLIZZARD ONLY LIKES WARCRAFT I HATE THEM" just as you have, when I know well that it wasn't exactally in Blizzard next move list.

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Corporal Awesome said:
e3 is just begining. WHo knows what else is in store?
Not sure why, but I'm still keeping my hopes up as well. I'll be watching G4 heavily, as well as checking in on the web every chance I get. Cmon Blizz... Let it out...

It's not that I hate Warcraft, it's just getting real old for me. I guess I can wait. It's a good game for the company.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
"It could happen... and soon"

On Blizz.com they also said

"May 9, 2006
Live-Action Warcraft Movie Coming to Big Screen
Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures today announced that they will develop a live-action film set in the Warcraft universe. Legendary Pictures has acquired the movie rights for the game universe, and both companies are now focused on translating the Warcraft experience to the big screen. Read more about it in this press release."

If this happens, people are going to boycot Blizzard. What is up with all these dodgy spin offs lately?

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
The only chance Warcraft has as a movie is if its made by Uwe Boll.... at least then there is deniability if its bad =( (poor Uwe, lets hope Farcry doesnt flop for you)

silinrul_drow

Reaction score
i like say beep the motherbeeping blizzard beep their beeping games beep them to hell. I'LL never buy wow or beeping warcraft. i never buy diablo3 if they ever does beeping making it!

life goes on but they kiss a true diablo fan goodbye.

like to add beep them to hell and beep ign beep them all.

he's my new diablo 3

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/ beep blizzard!

L

Laharl

That's a real shame. But we CAN dream.

Hopefully Blizzard will announce something in the Diablo universe at e3.

L

Laharl

Yeah, it's a little ironic that most Warcraft fans don't really CARE About the new movie.

Will they ever learn :rolleyes

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Why doesn't Blizzard hire someone to find out what people actually want? I don't think people care about a movie, but people will watch it and thats what matters. Money!

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In the interview with the blizz president i think?, the guy talked about it. It seems like a good idea to me, he wants it to portray an epic battle, and you'd imagine it something kind of like lord of the rings? If its anything close it'll make big money

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah it probably will be good and Lord of the Ringsy. Do you think they'll have all the races? Imagine ghouls..hehe Andy Serkis anyone?