"Video Mode Not Supported"

X

xjMaN88lx

I got a video mode not supported error when i start up CS... this is the error i get in the error log.. how do i fix it? i tried uninstalling/reinstalling, updating my video driver... any help?

Error:CFileSystem_Steam::GetLocalCopy() failed with error: SteamGetLocalFileCopy(,0x770fb10) failed with error 8: App provided bad argument to Steam API

Function trace:
CGameUI::ActivateGameUI
CGameUI::Start
CGameUI::Initialize
CBaseUI::Start
CBaseUI::Initialize
Host_Init
CFileSystem_Steam::Mount()

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I used to have the same problem, i have ATI Radeon 7500, i hated the crappy software graphics so i tried OpenGL and it said video not supported, is that your problem? if so i went and updated my drivers, if you made sure the updated drivers match your video card then contact valve and ask them whats wrong, i was about rdy to spend 130 bucks for better graphics and just updated my video card cause i found out w/o drivers your card doesnt know what opengl is...er somethin like that, so my advice is update drivers, hope i helped -.-

Mythril

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok well, if u have intergrated grphics theres nothing u can do to opengl, but if u have and independant cideo card, check ur options and look at ur opengl settings, if that doesnt work just download newest drivers