Uproot Thecnique?

CSxParasite

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As you all now the nightelves have a special technique. That is that their building can uproot and can attack enemies. This is quite fun and sometimes pisses off other people.

I wanted to know how many people use this technique, and if they found a fast and destructive way of using it.

HipHopHobo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well I only use it when I am getting attack and my people are losing the battle.

It can sometimes turn the tide.

mechaman40

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i us it when i'm being attacked and i have no soldiers left but i usually forget to uproot them and by the time i do they are dead

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
i never use em as an army. only when im being attacked. i think its stupid to use them as an army.

MaDnEsS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what kinda person would use those slow, weak trees as an army? and they can only help you if your fighting like 2 footmen or something, and anyone who sends 2 footmen to a base is a coomplete freaking newb. lol.

MaDnEsS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
also this is off topic but a lot of people have something else besides "total newbie" under their name how do i change that

ShadowOfDespair

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i only use it when they are attacking my base, sometimes there's only a few guys left after your main defenders killed the rest of them and that can stop the invasion

T

Thrall4

I don't get the point of uproot wow you uproot you wars and 2 archers can kill 1 cause they move so slowwwwwwwwwww the only way NE's are good for is if you have a evil idea and thats build wars infrot of someones basse

CSxParasite

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yea Uprooting is kind of fun. Altough they are kind of slow. But it would be kind of cool if you could speed those trees up or something. Like Steroids. Hope blizz thinks about this when patching the game. Would be kind of fun.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
my friend uses the night elves just because they can uproot. thats why he uses terran cause of the lift off ability. well it goes to show u simple things amuse simple minds. oh theres a butterfly i gotta go chase it.

mechaman40

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i just thought of a good reason to uproot besides attacking things u can move your tree of life of whatever u upgraded to to the a new mine or if your being attacked u can move to a new area that is if u can get your trees out and there is an upgrade u can use to make the trees move a little faster.

W

widdow

I love up root. i usally put a wisp in a few strategic locaions and when he dies i sen my whole army there. then all my buildings run. it got my oppent(my dad it was a LAN game)mad cause he did not know where i was

i even won a game like that. the noob thought i cheted to make my buildings fight. i also used mecinaries so it looked like a iwas cheating. he forfeted and said"AHH THOSE TREES SCARE ME!"

GOOD OL DAYS

TheHybrid

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizzcenter.com
I only use trees as an army once, cuz i was a newb at that time and i didn't lik the upkeep. I build lik 10 Ancient Protectors and send them 2 battle. The Ancient protectors r nice, when u get attack by lik several archers or rifleman, u can reroot them and they will throw lik rocks at the attackers! The only problem is when i get attacked by siege units lik catapults or balistas. I have lik 5 chimaeraes 2 back them up. Or yea, when rooted, the ancient protectors can also throw rocks at air units!

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I got matched up with a guy who decided to do that once. Admittedly if the guy he chose to attack wasn't a level 12 and didn't know the game, we probably would have won, but the bad thing is... is that he wanted to attack all on his own when he did it, and told myself and my other team mate about it. So He severely lost that battle resulting in a counter attack that wiped us out.

So yeah, it does work, you just have to know what the hell you're doing. It's just like any other tactic... just keep your lines of communcation open.

Personally I think it sucks, because while your buildings are attacking, you aren't building buildings. Therefore if you lose, your team mates are then put in a 2v3 situation while you scramble to build up... and it isn't likely that you are going to help for a while because you went and destroyed every building that you've built.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I've been playing night eleves and i've used this a couple of times. It works ok... but usually it doesn't do much. I usually forget to uproot also... but I did once and it didn't help much.