'Upgrade' your relationship

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Just thought you might enjoy reading this.

Last year, a friend of mine upgraded GirlFriend 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and noticed that it soon began spawning child-processes that are consuming valuable resources. No mention of this peculiar phenomenon was included in the product brochure. In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself in such a way that it is always launched at system initialisation where it can monitor all other system activity. My friend is finding that some applications such as PokerNight 10.3 and BeerBash 2.5 are no longer able to run, crashing the system wheneber selected (even though they always worked fine before).

As a result of his problems, I decided to avoid all the problems associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with GirlFriend 1.0. Even here, however, I found many headaches. For example, the uninstall program for GirlFriend 1.0 doesn't work very well, leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system. Even worse, all versions of GirlFriend constantly pop up little annoying messages - about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0.

Jonathan Powell, Virtual Hilarity, Reader's Digest February 2001

Auron

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the laugh x42bn6.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
DragnSkull said:
sounds like a bad case of internet dating. *looks descretely at my sig*

rofl, my ex is a moron.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I read that back in 2001. It wasnt as funny this time.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Master_America said:
Heh...

I've always wondered how people come up with these kinds of things. It must take quite a bit of creativity...
same here...

im not that clever... as you can tell already