"Unable to validate game version"...??

Evan Nash

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK, I got the newest 1.12 patch for Frozen Throne, and I got the newest CD crack for 1.12...

I'm still getting this message. WTF is going on? Anyone able to help? =p

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I have no clue...I don't use NO CD cracks anymore, I use CD Images to run games off of the hard drive. Way more efficient, unless you are afraid of running out of disk space.

Evan Nash

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I CAN use the CD image as well, but it still thinks I don't have a CD in the CDROM.

It does that for WC3, and I end up needed the CD cracks anyways.

Anyone else?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Oh that is because the image is not a good one. You need to get Alcohol 120%. It makes reliable images of TFT and WC3.

www.alcohol-soft.com

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
im not sure but would this be of any use to you guys

Warcraft 3 Image Extractor:
The program allows you to directly extract Warcraft 3 Skins (.blp) files from war3.mpq and convert them to .tga files to edit.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evan Nash
I probably also need a BIN to ISO converter. Alhocal 120% just burns ISOs...
It can burn and run ISO's. Alcohol is pretty much an All-in-one tool. If you can't do it with alcohol for some reason use Daemon Tools, I actually think those are better for emulating CD drives.

What message are you having? If you are still having messages from battle.net about connecting, it is probably a CD key issue. You must have legal versions of both TFT and WC3 to log onto battle.net with either games.

Evan Nash

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WC3 is legal version. TFT I don't know. I got it off Emule from a site I can't remember but it's supposed to be the best.

I don't have a real CD key for TFT, but WC3 cd key is my own. I'm hoping that when I can get a real CD key for TFT then I won't get that message.

Finding the CD key is the problem also heh.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yep that is your problem. You cannot connect to bnet because of this reason. You can still play single player though.

Evan Nash

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So you think it's giving me the invalid version message because it's a fake CD key or do you think I got some crappy install of the game? Because it makes no sense to me that it's the install. It's from a very very reputable source.

Wouldn't give an error message saying "this CD key is invalid"?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Nope, blizzard likes to make you go in circles before figuring out the real problem is the CD key. It should say some message about "unable to connect". That message means you have a bad CD key, not a bad install.

Evan Nash

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I can't remember if it said that but I do know it said something about an invalid version or something.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Take the NO CD off your computer and then try it.

Maelstorm

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have shit like that all the time...all you gotta do is reinstall the game ....aply the patch manualy and then you no cd crack.....

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maelstorm
i have shit like that all the time...all you gotta do is reinstall the game ....aply the patch manualy and then you no cd crack.....
Try this.