Ultimate Dream Diablo 3 Attributes

smittyr7

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If time and energy were not a factor, and Blizzard could do anything that I ask within reason, and if Diablo 3 were to come out tomorrow, then I would want it to have the following characteristics:

New Characters:

Characters would either follow the path of light or dark and you could select the sex. Dark characters would be:

Warlock/Witch (spells, curses, elemental)
Demon Lord (disease, possession, melee combat)
Vampire (curses, draining ability, shapeshifting)
Dark Knight (combat, weapons efficiency, limited spells)
Necro-should have been here to begin with (death spells, summoning)
Black Priest (limited summoning, curses, psionics)
Abyss Lord (evil berserker-like the Harukai in LOTR, combat)
Fallen Warlord (oriental skills, melee, archery)
Ancient Dweller (new human/beast hybrid-new ancient demon combat skills)

Good Characters would be:

Wizard (spells, limited elemental)
Sorcerer/ess (elemental)
Ranger (nature spells, ranged/melee combat)
Dynasty Warrior (oriental skills, archery, melee)
Eastern Mage (oriental skills, summoning, spells)
Cleric/Monk (spells, healing, psionics)
Crusader (paladin skills, limited spell)
Horde Warrior (barbarian/berserker combat skills)
Ancient Summoned (new human/beast hybrid-new ancient animal combat skills)

Characters would represent the vastly different areas of the game world, and would show in detail what they are wearing. If they change items in the game, then the character image would reflect that. Also, as the difficulty of the game changes you will become a demi-god and then a god, and move beyond the mortal realm-this will also give you new god-like abilities as the game progresses. In addition, I would like the ability for a character to learn a new unique skill outside the range of their typical skill trees. Imagine killing a super unique monster in the game, opening their spell book and learning a new spell or skill that no one knows!! Also, I would like my character to have up to 3 henchman. Why three? Because more than that seems to take away from your hero's uniqueness! There would be multiple types of mercenaries that you could from--from all types of skills and faraway lands.

New Items:

All gamers know that thousands of new items are necessary. Also new prefixes and suffixes are needed as well. But beyond that ultimate necessity items need the following facelift:

More socketibility-can socket with runes,gems,jewels,quest items,rare beast items, stones, etc. With all new combinations and effects.

More Craftibility-the ability to craft things to your specificity and skills. There should be more merchants who can craft and imbue items based on what magical items you bring them. Also, items should be upgradable more than once. In my game, a merchant could imbue items more than once to make them even more powerful as the game progresses-this way you hang onto a really nice item that you would like to keep for the entire game! Everyone knows that a warrior grows in power and skill with one really nice weapon, staff, or bow!!

Super-duper Uniques and Ultra rare items could only be found by killing Super Unique and Ultra Rare monsters in the game. I never liked the idea of getting a unique item from a dumbass zombie or cave lerker. This way you know that you'll have to venture into dangerous realms and defeat powerful monsters to get the prized items! Superunique monsters would give items that have their specific name on them, so you know where you won it and how!!

Also, there should be really unaccessible areas where the monsters are insanely crazy and difficult but where the treasure is unimaginable!! Make these areas side quests, so you can choose to go for that ultimate item!

New Terrains:

In addition to the regular terrains of D2 (jungle, desert, etc.) there should be the following:

Death Swamp-ultimate evil black swamp like in the movie Legend or LOTR complete with mist and creatures galore!
Volcanic Caves-with lakes and rivers of fire, noxious gases abound, eruptions and falling debris.
Crystal Plane-world of pure crystalline with bone shearing shards of glass, gem treasures, etc.
Cloud/Sky City-floating islands in the sky full of elemental and flying creatures.
Super Dense Dark Forest!
Different Planes of Hell-all unique with different themes, creatures and super bosses.
Huge Cave Expanse-with underground cities and creatures.
Huge Expansive Featureless Plains-with dense fog and rain-marshes with peat bogs and quick sand traps.

New Creatures/Monsters:

Every gamer knows that creatures make the game! Obviously there should be more new and unique monsters than ever! More Super Unique monsters that are NOT main quest beasts would be nice-all with super unique abilities and items to give.

Also, there should be ridable animals and animal companions that go beyond the norm! We all know that a bear, wolf, crow or horse companion would get slaughtered by demons and the like. What we need is mythical beast companions like Pegasus, Manticores, Phoenixes, Dragons/Wyverns, Griffins, Werewolves, Werebears, Weretigers, Trolls, Giants--imagine riding into town on the back of a badass Basilisk! Of course each animal would have unique abilities and spell capabilities!! AND YOU COULD RIDE SOME OF THEM!!

New Storyline:

I won't offer a new storyline here--but I'm sure you've heard them all. What I would like to see is more side/sub quests that have nothing to do with the Main story line. I would like to see subquests for unimaginable treasures and items that you may choose to go on if you would like.

Also, since you have the choice between a good and evil character, then of course you would have two divergent story lines that could happen. Imagine the BNet possibilities of two warring factions--Demi-God Crusader squaring up against a God-like Dark Knight!!

Sorry about the long post, but I wanted to get it all out! Also, I want to thank the posters for some of these ideas that I used here. Again, this is a huge massive dream Diablo 3 game!! Enjoy!!

K

kemlar101

Thats a really good idea I think you should submit that to Blizzard.com and tell there asses about it. GW

Thusa

Member!
Reaction score
good job with the guide....some 1 likes Diablo II alot...and expects alot from Diablo III

smittyr7

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I do Like D2 alot--not a total superfreak about it--I do have quite a healthy social life, however D2 is a badass game no doubt! Now, if D3 could just be like original post then rivers would part and small animals would be holding hands and singing Christina Aguilera songs in 2 part harmony....ahh a boy can only dream!

steve02121

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
all i can say is great idea smitty. most of the ppl around here have dumbass non thought out ideas but u did some thinkin. the only thing i could add to what u just said would be amazing graphics and sound. i mean forgot about min requirements and ppl that have shit graphic cards, i want some beyond loooking graphics for d3 and super badass music to boot.

smittyr7

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I agree--music is essential and so are graphics. The score sets the tone for the action--what I would like to see is some fast paced music during major fight sequences. And you are absolutely right about the graphics--I could do away with lots of my ideas if the images were crystal sharp and detailed! Imagine seeing your specific items and face rendered in detail--mindboggling!

xbucs15

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think they should just look at eq and base most things off that only not as hard to lvl and they shoudl still havethe base chars just add new ones and they need to hurry up

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
music and graphics make set the mood of the game. what i first saw act5, i was amazed how beautiful it looked. id be hoping to see more around you. like the arreat summit, so you could look around and have an idea of where you are.

music has to be good to set the mood. it just ahs to be. i really liked the exp music, id be hoping something that style...

Twiggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
smittyr7 wow you have it planned out i like the Demon lord and With Idea thats totally awsome keep up the good thinking hehe if i ever make agame ill call you up

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The ultimate attribute is your whole comp shuts down and catchs fire, then you go out side and get fresh air. cool huh?

DEe_MoN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dude that would make one bad ass game for sure man u have quite the imagination u musta put some time into that concept that sounds awesome!!!