Uknown glitch revealed: invincible merc

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Now, before I tell you how to do this, let me explain that it may have been patched by now. This is something I discovered upon the release of the beta for patch 1.11, and used it secretly for quite some time, though i have been out of the game for nearly 6 months, and i didnt use it for about 3-4 months before then.

This glitch allowed your merc (i only tested with act2) to become invincible, i originally dsicovered this during the beta test, but sure enough it followed over into the release of the official patch.

What to do:
-Get a merc equipped with what you want (IE put the gear on him)
-go to act2 (im sure you could do it in other acts, but it was easiest in act2 because of the open area with turns and narrow walkways)
-WALK, DO NOT TELEPORT OR RUN. the goal was to walk away from your merc, getting him stuck on something (on a wall, with enemies, anything, just to have him get far away from you)
-KEEP WALKING, when testing and using this, i would walk away from him to a very far extent, to the point of not knowing where he was exactly, and being a nice ways off, normally i would teleport to a mid WP in Act2 and walk off, but be somewheres outside.

NOTE: you do NOT want to have to use wp's, teleport, run, go through doors, anything that will transport you from one location to another. if you do this he will teleport with you and the glitch will not work

What you want to do: after walking off for good amount of distance (and i do mean long, i would walk about 1-2 minutes away from him) with him stuck somewhere/on something. then once done, stop and stand still (to make sure hes not following) if he has not come running back to you, or teleported, congradulations, you have accomplished the glitch. what you now have to do is walk back to him, which i admit can be annoying, so try to remember where you noticed he stopped at. walk back to him and move around for him to start following you (kill off enemies, get up close, whatever) once you do this, walk back into town. the way you know it has worked is his aura will be on but you will not be getting it (you will not see his aura on you)

this causes him to become invinicble, no, i do not know why, but it does/did work. i kept it very hush hush (i think the only person i told this to was COTA-God, and i didnt even tell him how to do it) i have done this and dueled people (its funny, they go for the merc, blast him like mad, then die...lulz) i have had him walkinto mobs and fight them off, and watched his life, not a lick of damage on him.

Hopefully its still working, if not, maybe someone can make something come of this, but there you have it.

A

Advante

hi, this is really Interesting :D

so you mean let our mercenary locked in a place, an we just walk away from him as far as possible, how far?
and in the process our main char may not uses town portal or waypoint?

assume it had work. should we use waypoint or townportal, will the invincible effect canceled?