UD Tower Strat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
~disclaimer~
This is a humor strat. while I won't deny I have beaten alot of people with it (Including former Moderator Beer $lut), you can and MAY lose. Use at your own risk.

Who the hell suspects an undead tower rush? who honestly. What is on your side is surprise. Undead have the BEST towers in teh game due simply to fortification armor. Unlike Orc they are not cheap, but they don't fall easily.

Things you need to know:
*Hero and unit selection is crucial. If you don't have the support, your towers have no chance of surviivng.
*Undead counters it the best of all races. You best not to tower an undead.
*Never get greedy. Build enough towers to leave you with cash for support.

Crypt Lord Build Order:
Ghouls:
- Acos to gold Que 1 acolyte
- build one crypt and one graveyard. Que 1 acolyte after.
- Build one zig and one tome of Relics.
- Build Alter then one zig.
- Build ghouls to match 25 supply, when done build a Crypt Lord. All ghouls should harvest.
- Either: on a small 1v1 map, skip this step for now on a 4v4 and up build an acolyte and scout it.
- Build one zig and/or an acolyte depending on your map and what you did earlier..
- When crypt lord is finished, select Carrion beatles and let the CL make 5 beatles.
- Grab a sacraficial skull and a rod of necromancy. With your CL, 5 beatles, and 7 ghouls (leaving 2 ghouls to mine wood if you did it properly.) and go to hit enemy.

or

Fiends:
- Acos to gold Que 1 acolyte
- build one crypt and one graveyard. Que 1 acolyte after.
- Build one zig and one tome of Relics.
- Build Alter then one zig.
- Build up to 3 ghouls then start with fiends. When done build a Crypt Lord.
- Either: on a small 1v1 map, skip this step for now on a 4v4 and up build an acolyte and scout it.
- Build one zig and/or an acolyte depending on your map and what you did earlier..
- When crypt lord is finished, select Carrion beatles and let the CL make 5 beatles.
- Grab a sacraficial skull and a rod of necromancy. With your CL, 5 beatles, and 3 fiends go to hit enemy.
Past the initial build order there isn't much else structure to follow, all decisions should be based on the enemy race and thier strat to defeat them the quickest.

When at enemy base:
First off, You should try your damnest to never give yourself away as remains true with any Tower rush. Drop the skull outside the base. Once you have done that build 2 and onyl 2 ziggurats to start. They will expand the blight, so be careful. Upgrade your zigs when they done and build another zig slightly ahead perferably in a triagle or a box so you don't choke the passage way allowing your units to hit then backup. I prefer to upgrade them as follows, one a spirit tower and one a nerubian tower.

At this point either you have been spotted or you haven't. If you have been spotted at any point defend your zigs. Have your acolyte repair it. If it gets damage send more acolytes from your halls of the dead. What I like about this strat is I have been completely pushed back to my base and still won cause your base is still upgrading as you tower leaving it not so defenceless.

Once you are at tier 2, and have 3-5 towers, it is time to build that slaughter house and push with your meat wagons. There is little most races can do once you have 4 towers up. Specific races I will cover later. I prefer at least 2 meat wagons and statues for your ghouls. You should be building units as the occasion calls for it. So if your enemy is stupid enough to get air, build fiends. If they can't do much and stick with tier 1, keep making ghouls if they do heavy ground get ghoul with frenzy. You need to be quick. Cause if they get to tier 2 they will build siege against you.

Pound the base with wagons. If they try and push an attack, pull your wagons back and your untis foreward. It can easily turn into a back and forth battle, but you have the advantage of space and time. Hitting the main structure is important.

Humans: The races I have most success against. Use above build order. Skellys with beatles should be more than enough to handle footys. Since all human players have no originality expect an AM to get WE. WE give good exp but deal a fair amount of damage. Always fight on the blight, near your zigs/towers. Once you get one or two towers humans can't do much against you except go siege.
Footmen are easy to beat back, and rifles shouldn't be to much trouble. If the ybegin to get morters, focus your meat wagons either on production buildings, or try and focus on morters. Morters cannot be repaired, so only healers can heal them. Human towers are heavy, so meatwagons effectiveness are lost on them. It is preferable to just hit towers with ghouls.
If the human gets any air, switch to fiends immediately. Ghouls are useless as AA simply because of hawks and rifles. However always keep some gohuls on hand especial incase there is a renewed assault with footys or knights. Though towers can pretty much handle all units excluding morters. Use your head and you will be fine.

Orc: One of the easier races. Alter the above strat for fiends. Instead of building ghouls, after you build 3 ghouls switch to building fiends. They are more expensive, but handle orc better. Remain with the CL. Orc get tier 2 siege, so keeping them at tier 1, or harrassing them enough to prevent this is important. If the orc tech to wyverns, it is as simple as preventing them from building a barracks. Wyverns won't do much against towers and Bats do little against towers, only thing to watch out is if you let them get enough, and you shouldn't.
Always target burrows, they are the main target always. No burrows mean no defence, no food. Otherwise hit towers, so they don't become a nuisence. Don't let your fiends get to damaged, and always get burrow fast. You should always pull back to your towers if your being attacked.
If they get demos, target them. Demos are big and slow. having 3-5 acolytes around to repair towers is important as soon as they get any siege.

Night elves: This still works against NE players, even with Glaive throwers. It might be smart to get fiends, but ghouls can work on some occasions. What you want to do here is make suer you keep your beetles and skellys away form wisps. Building more towers against NE is also recomended and sending more acolytes earlier I also suggest. Glaives are expensive and slow to build. If you can keep them at tier one longer, the better. Meat wagons are a must, and more are appreciated. With NE, you can focus on hunts, so wagons are an added bonus against them. Basicly you want to hit the siege when you run in for a small hit, so they have to micro to safety, then run when they come at you. It sounds like a cowardly strat, but that is what towering is. It is fun and can be effective.
Gargoyles are also a smart thing to build, because they are small fast and cheap. You can fly in and snipe throwers and hunts.

If your towers are destroyed, before they go up, switch to normal game mode and do whatever. I have done that and won a few games simply using normal strats after the towering failed. If you bring towers up and it's failed, at least you know they were not creeping/expanding or teching, and you kept the m caged while you got to tier 3. this allows you free range of pretty much all units so you can counter even if the towering failed.

Here is some sad replays. They arn't particularly good, but it gives you a generalization of how the strat can be performed. both human opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.