UD Strategy: DK Harassment

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Learn how to harass effectively with the DK!

Build Order:
1. Send 3 Acos to gold, ghoul to closest wood
2. Make 2 Acos at Necropolis, right click gold mine
3. Make a zig between your gold and necropolis
4. Make a crypt close to the wood
5. As the 5th acolyte comes out, click on it and build altar, send back to gold
6. When you reach 130 gold, make shop, farther than altar, send back to gold
7. Upgrade zigg to nerubian
8. Make 2 more ghouls
9. Click altar, make DK and right click to the closest player start
10. When DK comes out, make sure a blue arrow is over him (shop user indication), then quickly press R (rod of necromancy)

Order of Effectiveness
1. Human
2. Night Elf
3. Undead
4. Orc

When against HU, OR or UD, your goal is to get a corpse to make a skeleton as fast as possible. Try to find a critter and slash it. If you are fighting HU or OR, you may need to slash/coil a peasant to get the corpse. As for UD, there's a good chance the other player is going fiends, so a corpse will be there at the graveyard. When your skeletons are made, hit the nearest worker, or for UD, acolyte. You can also use coil when you want to kill faster.

As for Elf, things are different. If you manage to get a corpse, and have skeletons, have both spread VERY apart, and have them attack buildings that DON'T attack like moon wells or huntress halls. If possible, attack a structure that is being built. As for fighting wisps, it's tricky. My style is I like to get close to one and slash it once, then I coil it very quickly. Right after, keep back from wisps until your cooldown is over. This way, elves won't explode their wisps to take your mana. Then repeat. If you are lucky, you can get 4 wisps!

When harassing, beware of towers, especially when facing UD or HU. Try to get the tower to hit the skeletons, instead of your DK. As for the skeletons, ALWAYS have them attacking workers. They do normal damage which does bonus damage to light armor, which workers all have. When you master this, you can make your tech faster by building stuff at home, WHILE you mess your enemy up. Orc is very difficult, because an injured peon can burrow, so it's best to get buildings that are being built if they use burrows to save peons.

If you manage to do it right, you can slow down their economy, gain experience for your DK, disrupt their creeping, scout their units, and keep your base safe!

*This would be my first declared article here so, don't expect much*