UD Question - Units

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Ok...my question is what is the best unit to wear down pretty much any race. I'm still rather new to WC3 (old d2 player =/) and I'm trying to get some strats working for me and I really enjoy UD very much. I also use NE. Any advice will be nice.

I've read the stickies...I wub j00 Aragorn :)

I won't be playing online for another week or two, but I'll be sure to post a big thread telling when I get online :)

HavocHero

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the best unit in my appinoin is the crypt fiend well i g2g school is out later

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Crypt Fiends work good for beginners, but make sure you use my Crypt Fiend build or it will be useless.

Ghouls are better for the more advanced player.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Yeah, I looked into those. I'm having a problem though...Like I said in main discussion, my cds are busted so I'm stranded in single player, ROC, unpatched =/ But I'm having a hard time getting some practice in because I have NEVER been fast enough so I always get my ass kicked by the freaking computer :( Any tips on getting faster? Or not getting my ass handed to me in the first 10 minutes?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by jd-inflames
Yeah, I looked into those. I'm having a problem though...Like I said in main discussion, my cds are busted so I'm stranded in single player, ROC, unpatched =/ But I'm having a hard time getting some practice in because I have NEVER been fast enough so I always get my ass kicked by the freaking computer :( Any tips on getting faster? Or not getting my ass handed to me in the first 10 minutes?
Tips on getting faster...hmm...you have to learn how to micro too btw. Being faster might includes the following:

-Memorizing the Building hotkeys
-Memorizing the build order you are using
-Hotkeying your production buildings so that you can reference to them at any time (i.e.: CTRL + 0, then use 0 to recall that particular building)
-Try to creep the entire game for the most part. You need to creep WHENEVER you can. Think of it as sleep or something just as important. Creep inbetween battles and before and after.

Other than that, you just need the experience to be faster.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Sorry, my terminology is a bit off...Creep?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm am an UD beginner but not so much -i know all upgrades,units strats counters heroes.. of UD.

Let's see.. if we call some lvl20-24 middle skilled characters -they still use the fiend strat but in case of top UDs they use ghouls..not not really they use it but the ghoul strat too

Originally posted by jd-inflames
Sorry, my terminology is a bit off...Creep?
Creep is any neutral unit that doesnt belong to players and is on the map.It is shown with green orange or red spot depending on its level- weaker creeps, stronger ,very strong. Creep as a verb is to kill creeps ;)

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Oh, is this a TFT thing? I've been practicing with RoC because my discs are busted...won't get TFT again till later.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
In RoC, NEs own jd, its unbalanced. Jus mass hunts and dyrads, theres ur win.

As for UD in RoC...i would say necros with air work nice, that used to be my strat back in the day when i was UD... (yes i played UD everyone) frenzy those frost wyrms.. and heal them with DK whenever necessary.. Lich use frost nova... pwned :)

-Memorizing the Building hotkeys
-Memorizing the build order you are using
-Hotkeying your production buildings so that you can reference to them at any time (i.e.: CTRL + 0, then use 0 to recall that particular building)
-Try to creep the entire game for the most part. You need to creep WHENEVER you can. Think of it as sleep or something just as important. Creep inbetween battles and before and after.
Build order is ez to memorize once u play about 5 games with comps, and hot keys, you'll know them by heart anytime.

Yes, creeping is MUST in RoC, since u get like 60 gold per creeps.. or u can do harassing, which is jus rushing with ur hero as soon as he or she is out. But remember that you should have good micro (hero and unit controlling). Also, know which to kill, like you shoudl kill the workers first in harssing. And creep jacking is very useful too.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
that might be considered spam havoc.

if you play ROC i still suggest using necrowagon (get like 6 ghouls and tech then keep making them for creeping purposes) and then get alot of necros (7 should suffice) and like 3 meat wagons and lots of gargoyles for anti air. if the game drags long enough i suggest using some frost wyrms for freezing purposes and unit sniping.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Hey N, IM me sometime and explain to me a little bit more on that one...the idea is still a bit fuzzy. Sometime next week maybe?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm? i dun have ur IM tho,

and ill explain why NEs own.

hunts = medium armor (takes xtra dmg from magic armor)
= medium attack (xtra dmg on light armors)
dyrad = unarmored (takes xtra from pierce)
= pierce attack (xtra dmg on heavy armor and dyrads do slow poison)

u see, hunts have considerably high life, fast movement, fast attack, ranged, and their attacks bounce! if u see any ranges, who most likely have light armor, you will pwn.

Dyrads, almost known as anti air, cuz of their slow poison, and they can be hero killers (slow poison, surround the hero with huntress and kill)

that is the basis in NE strat in roc, then u might make few bears to heal ur DH, then go for mass DoTTs and chims to finish the game off, or u cna finish the game iwth mass hunts.

also, in RoC, killing creeps, which are neutral units, give u like 60 gold per monster! thats HUGE! in TFT u only get like 6 gold! and also, u can creep up to lvl 10. Thats why ppl say killing creeps are the key in the RoC, in TFT, its really not the key.

anyways ill IM u when i get ur thingy, but first things u should do is watch some RoC replays if u can. If u dont have any :( jus solo pratice on the net.

As for UD, all i know is Frost wyrms + gargs + necros own everything.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
First, jd, you need the newest patch, otherwise these forums are worthless help for you.

The quicker you get up and running with Undead, the better. Necrowagon is no good in unpatched, but Ghouls and Gargoyles are.

Oh, the DK is the best starter.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
So I should teach myself? lol...I won't be patched for a while...I don't have as much money as I thought I did...stupid insurance :( Now I have to wait even longer :(

Reaction score
if you dont have good micro, just get heroes with hardcore godly items from creeping, or a skelly wand + orb + health/mana pot + tp will do. 3 heroes, make sure to keep them alive and nuke, and if you're up for a real challenge, get some statues! with this strat i usually go ghouls and you would want the vampire hero first, dk 2nd, and then lich or CL 3rd. if the other guy went range, CL is good for impale. (beetles wont be of any use late game so dont get it) If you chose lich, get nova and frost armor, and always keep him alive cause chances are he'd get his ass targeted. i tried a dark range once, and she ownt with charm, you piss people so much with it ; ).

hero builds, my preference:
DL- sleep, vamp, sleep, vamp, sleep, infernal, vamp
dk- coil, aura, coil, aura, coil, raise dead, aura
lich - nova, armor, nova, armor, nova, D and D
CL - impale, armor, impale, armor, impale, locust, armor
DR - skelly, silence, skelly silence, skelly, charm, silence
^U'd want skelly because theyre pretty good and it looks reeeaal bad ass and silence is just hardcore against casters. life drain, dont bother later on.

this strat works for FT idk bout roc but its real good since ur heroes are near impossible to kill if uve been creeping, and heroes later on can take on any army and they dont take much micro either!