Uber Barb: can it be done?

L

Laharl

Find a calculator. Tell me the +% life, defense from a level 51 (at best) Bo and shout. Then you'll see. :)

iams3x0r

Member!
Reaction score
Google --> skill planner --> I'm feeling lucky --> ggnore.

Thank me later homo.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
iams3x0r said:
Can I please flame him for his lack of D2 knowledge?
It's too bad you cant back that up with any form of an arguement...either try to contribute to the thread, or stfu, thanks.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
This is what I have done for my frenzy Barb. It's not the best gear but does ok for trist.

Arriets (Umed)
Fortitude
EBotd Zerker (Grief PB on switch)
Doom Zerker (4x Umed monarch... found this lol)
Dungos
Gores
Dracs
2x Bk rings (ravens,
Metalgrid Amulet (for insane def)
Torch, 3x Warcry charm, 2x Combat charm rest 20 life sc

From what I have noticed is mostly if not all the spawning minions from Meph are Physical Immune, or Element Immune, I dont really go with barbie often I use my bone necro with a friends fire sorc. Both of us are lvl 90 and we can do on average a 30 min Uber Tristrun.

vampire-blade

Member!
Reaction score
It CAN be done :D

ok... ok.... ok.... the Uber Barb is finished!!!! He's at lvl 86 He has:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helm: pdiamond arreats (only 16x ed, with 5ll)
Armor: perf fort (30 all res)
Wepon: ebotd cb (365/12) <--- low but it's still ebotd :D
Shield: ss
Belt: verdungos <----- 39 vitality, 15% DR
Boots: gore riders <----- 173 ed
Gloves: drac's <----- 10 str, 8ll
Ring 1: raven frost <------ 250 ar
Ring 2: natures peace
Ammy: highlord's wrath ammy
Charms:
vita and ar charms, also has a low 12/16 barb torch, no skill gc's yet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
his main attack is Concentrate... I know I know u guys are wondering... "wtf?! concentrate!!! zerk/frenzy/ww is WAY better!!" BUT concentate is an attack that is NOT INTERUPTIBLE. anyway... he deals 7k concentrate damage 1 haded and 11k 2 handed. Has 21k defence with war cries. (I didnt max zerk and yes i know its a synergy of concentrate... I decided to put the points into shout, and sword mastery for def and damage) and has a total of 5.5k life with bo and oak sage. Me and my girl friend (its her barb) did uber trist about an hour ago with him. I had my hammerdin<-- typical cookie cutter hammerdin (for the salvation aura) and used him to keep the minions in check. The uber barb completly OWNED uber trist! He never casted life tap on mephisto and still KILLED him without life going under 3/4!!!! Uber baal seemed to be the most trouble as he kept on using his "wedge" to knock us away, but we eaisly killed him as well. And ofcourse uber diablo was the last to get his ass handed to him. In total the entire trist run took a maximum of 10 min. :D My girlfriend said she only had to use 1 pot the entire time. I'm going to post screenshots of us killing the uber in about 15 min. (for all of you who are still "oh a barb cant kill ubers")
Anyway... I highly HIGHLY recomend this build as an alternitive to the cookie cutter smite builds. He complely rapes uber trist, and personally did much better than a smiter. (even with lw/greif, exhile, coh, etc... I still see smiters have problems i.e they die) --- this was not the case with this barbarian. I'll post a complete breakdown of how to build this kind of character if anyone asks... but again... if you're looking for a character that can kill ubers... tank souls and dolls... pk... and just about anything else u want him to do... I think this is it. thanx again for all the imput guys and I'll get these screenshots up asap :D :D :D :D

oh... the torch was a 15/13 assasin :/

vampire-blade

Member!
Reaction score
Okay screen shots are up:

Taking Meph first:

Next was Baal's filthy ass:

Then of course Uber D:

Then its time to reap the reward :D

Darth-Laoshi

Member!
Reaction score
Oh ok... I thought this was about makin a SOLO BARB.

But nice job on the build and cool screenshots! :)

vampire-blade

Member!
Reaction score
Darth-Laoshi said:
Oh ok... I thought this was about makin a SOLO BARB.

But nice job on the build and cool screenshots! :)

Well... I just did another uber trist with him solo this time... he tanked meph, baal, and diablo + minions w/o ever droping below 1/2 life. Total run time took about 15-20 min solo, and drank 2 mana pots the entire time :D

17/20 barbarian torch this time WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oprah

Member!
Reaction score
how dose it kill trist better then smiters??

vampire-blade

Member!
Reaction score
Oprah said:
how dose it kill trist better then smiters??
I'm not exactly saying that the uber barb kills trist better than smiters... since not all smiters are built exactly the same, or wear the same gear... Saying that the uber barb kills trist better than smiters is nothing more than opinion. (since smiters with different gear and skills can do the exact same thing the barb can, and sometimes even beter than the uber barb, and there are other smiters get killed a dozen times in trist b4 the even take meph out, even with "leet" gear) He does on the otherhand handle trist with ease solo. :D
I guess that in the end... the ability to solo uber trist, all depends on what kind of character you have, what gear he/she uses, and what skill you have as a player :D

Viet_boi059

Member!
Reaction score
Hey Big-fat-homo can you post your build for the werebarb. I wanna try it out