U.S going to war with ChinA?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Why are they even thinking of doing this? It would be suicide to go to war with china. Check it out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050629/wl_nm/security_china_usa_dc

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Defense Department is struggling to determine the right mix of bombers and other warplanes to fight China if it ever became necessary, President Bush's choice to become the next Air Force chief of staff said on Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Lining up such firepower would top his list of priorities if confirmed as the Air Force's top military officer, Gen. Michael Moseley said at his confirmation hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Moseley said the right mix of long-range strike capabilities was "certainly one of the things that we are struggling with" as part of a sweeping U.S. defense review carried out once every four years and currently under way.

"The enhancements that we see in the Chinese military (do) cause concern," he added in reply to a question from Sen. John Thune, a South Dakota Republican.

Moseley who ran the air war over Iraq that led to the ouster of President Saddam Hussein in 2003.

"That is at the top of my list ... long-range strike and the ability to do that for this country," said Moseley, the vice chief of staff up to replace the retiring Gen. John Jumper.

Retired Air Force Col. Walter Boyne, a former director of the Smithsonian Institution's Air and Space Museum, said Moseley likely was referring to the warplanes -- manned and unmanned -- needed to take out command posts, radar installations, surface-to-air missile sites, air fields and military headquarters. Many such targets are deep in China's interior.

Moseley's comments reflected U.S. concern about mounting Chinese investments in ballistic and cruise missiles that could hold forward U.S. bases at risk of attack in places like South Korea and Japan, said Andrew Krepenivich of the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, a nonpartisan group specializing in military strategy issues.

"This is not the Air Force saying we want to go to war with China, he said. "This is the Air Force saying if we want to avoid war with China, we've got to be able to hold their critical capabilities at risk lest Beijing be tempted to use force to resolve disputes it has with other countries in the region."

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
whats next russia for making a new jet?
to me
the government is afried to be
upstaged by crap countries

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Whats even more important and interesting isn't military capabilities of the U.S and China, but how the rest of the world would react to this, who would ally with whom.

Assuming that China is the agressor in this, the E.U would probably do economical assitance, and according to Japan's recent pledge of supporting dempocracy in Taiwan, I guess they would do whatever they can do to help. As for Russia, the prospect of an hegemonious China in Asia would probably terrify Moscow, so they probably would offer assistance to the U.S.

As for the war itself, both side have high nuclear capabilities, so a stand off would occure. But if only conventional military is used, my bet would be on the U.S. Eventualy, they would innevitably beat Chian in the air, and with the air control, the sea would follow. After that, everything else would be pointless for china.

But hey, I can already imagine K jumping in this, bragging how Russia would stand agaisnt the U.S, and how they would sell their topnotch military secret weapons to the chineses. And it will all end up in some insipide argument comparing weapons on both sides.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
the US is very tense now after 9/11
the way i see it
god damn it focus on iraq and afganistan

and for kuzmich, chinese and russian talking.... comical

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i see no errors :(
cept the usally grammer
problems

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I highly doubt there will be a war with China anytime soon. I don't think the rest of the world would look kindly upon the US if we invaded, and China simply stands no chance. The war would definately be fought on Chinese land, because any invasion force they could cook up would get massacred at sea. We would have overwhelming air and sea superiority. i dont think an invasion force would make it to our shores. I think a war with China would lead to more casualties caused by conventional warfare, and the war would take a bit longer than the Iraq campaign, but it would be much less bloody after the Chinese were defeated. I think they would surrender instead of resorting to guerilla warfare for a few years.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You really can't be serious when you say that the Chineses do not have chances against you... They can get a three hundred million men army if mobilized (and I'm not even counting the women), they're land is completly irregular, and they know it well, and, well, US soldiers aren't exactly known for being very bright.

Either way, an World War with China is something to be at the very least prepared to. I agree that the whole world should prepare for it.

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
so far in history, u dont see china wageing war on people, u see them get attacked, (not count ancient china though).

REasons peopel want war with china???
other than most china ppl hate eachother and try to rip eachother off?

isnt china like msotly inland? how are they gonna bomb them?
a land invasion is stupid, even if all the chiense guy had a pistol and a us guy had all this hight tech stuff its still like a 10:1 ratio.

if there was a war what about all the chinese ppl in U.S.? Canada?

and who would japan side on if they had a military (do they?)
They hate china and u.s. but they would more likely side on china seeing how us defeated them b4.

THen what about hte nukes?

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
You really can't be serious when you say that the Chineses do not have chances against you... They can get a three hundred million men army if mobilized (and I'm not even counting the women), they're land is completly irregular, and they know it well, and, well, US soldiers aren't exactly known for being very bright.

Either way, an World War with China is something to be at the very least prepared to. I agree that the whole world should prepare for it.
About the 110 million men they can mobilize, it would be a problem, would the war be fought inland. But if China lose the controle of its air and sea, the USA wont have any problem to bomb the mainland to dust.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
China's too big for a sucessful bombing. I mean, it's 110 million men. Not all the bombs in the world (except for nukes) would be able to destroy that huge ammount of men unless they're all in one spot.

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah but the idea is not to kill civilians. its to get the army. the could hit the large military camps/bases.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Chinese military is not fit to invade anyone, they do not have logistics to even invade and hold Mongolia, much less to even attempt to invade anyone else. They might try, but they will find their 250 million soldiers dying from starvation and lack of clothes, while their aircraft and armored vehicles would be able to do nothing because of the lack of fuel. At the same time they have no way of achieving Air Superiority on the foreign soil, especcially with Russia with its Triumph Anti-Aircraft system being so close to it.

The only way for China to win a war is if someone is dumb enough invade it, it has no invading capability on its own, no way to project forces on long distances in short periods of time, no way to achieve air superiority no way to support the logistics needed for the survival of their huge army on the foreing soil.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
China's too big for a sucessful bombing. I mean, it's 110 million men. Not all the bombs in the world (except for nukes) would be able to destroy that huge ammount of men unless they're all in one spot.
napalm sould smoke them
they did it for japan

TheJanitor

Aka ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Reaction score
Russia would probably ally with China, they already are practising military operations together. Perhaps not rush into fighting side by side against the U.S but economical, and some sort of lend lease support. Chinese forces a becoming more mobile and they will become a big threat soon.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Wing Zero said:
napalm sould smoke them
they did it for japan
But didn't really work for Vietnam. It's more or less the same principle. Except that this time the Comunists are far more.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
its not going to happen, and if it does, i dont see US winning unless they bomb/nuke/destroy EVERYTHING in china, assuiming they did that =nuclear winter? and i cant see china invading the US
or do I have everything wrong?
btw preperation for this is more evidence of bush's motto: "a bad plan is better than no plan"

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Japan would ally with US foo. Japan's hatred for China is much deeper than the US. And besides, more trade from US than China.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lets face it though: this isnt going to happen anytime soon.