U~##--New To W3 but used to play Sc, need advice on what to build first etc...--##

ShKooZbI

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
##--New To W3 but used to play Sc, need advice on what to build first etc...--##

I started playing about 3 days ago, (non-exp), so, what should i build first of all e.g crypts (how many) blahblahblah... i read the stikys... all they tell me is what the heroes and stuff do... i need to know what to build (in order) and how many to build...

thks ppl, Battle Forums RULE!

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne Build order:

Send all acolytes to gold
Send all ghouls to wood
Build 2 Acolytes (with rally point on gold)
Crypt (put rally point on wood)
Ziggurat
Altar
Ziggy
4 ghouls
(when altar finishes build hero)
Tomb of Relics
2 Ghouls
Graveyard
Ziggy

When hero is done use all ghouls (should be 5) to creep with hero. And as soon as you start creeping you should upgrade to Halls of Dead. Oh and constantly build ghouls until you can build until you can build crypt fiends. After you creep 2 oranges and a green, get back to base so you can heal. You should only lose 1 ghoul or so if you do it right. When you get your second hero take all the ghouls from wood except for 3 to creep some more.

After Upgrade to Halls of Dead:
2nd hero
Slaughterhouse
Expand (quickly....)
Temple of the Damned

After expand, and you get a few units upgrade to Black Citadel. After that you have to decide what to get. You have to figure out what is good to get and what is not. This strat will set you up pretty good for a standard game. However this doesn't apply to all situations. Also creep like a madman (unless it is a team game).

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
That's the jist of it. If you wanna get ur hero out faster, don't que up the acolytes yet, and put that gold to Crypt, Alter, Zig, then que the Acolytes. Most builds start there.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ROC Tech strat.

Send all to gold and all ghoul to wood.
que 2 acolytes
Build a graveyard then a crypt and a ziggurate.
build up to 3 ghouls
when u gather enough, build HOTD.
build alter and zig.
build more ghouls and Build hero your choice.
que up second hero.
build 2 temple of the damned.
upgrade to black citadel.
Expand once, or twice
continue to build ghouls and start to build necros and banshee
research master trainging on necros and banshees.

Final army:2 heros, 12-24 ghouls, 10-15 necros 10-12 banshees.

This is only used in ROC, by the time u get ur first hero out, you should have around 7 or 8 ghouls to creep with. sets you back a bit, but you can get 2 heros out faster. Great to get to those master casters faster.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Reign of Chaos, meaning non expansion. the expansion is TFT.

And 2 crypts are good to mass produce. especialy when u need to rebuild after a tough battle.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShKooZbI
Should i search the area and build more bases around gold mines?
You should always expand, and try to expand quickly. Expanding means building a haunted gold mine and reinforcing it with ziggurats and maybe even a necropolis. Expansions are for getting extra gold to fund your war effort.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Expansions usualy dont have many buildings besides ziggurates and a haunted gold mine. sometimes a Halls of the dead is also nice for defence and a quick TP. Also i notice in alot of FFa games, people tend to use their expasnions as their main base when their main base is wiped out. its amazing what high level players can do with little to nothing.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
That is what we are here for, I think... :D

If you have any other questions about unit stats or other strategies go to one of these great sites:

www.warcraftreplays.com (great replays, you have to sign up though)
www.battle.net/war3 (a really good guide with all the statistics you need when you need them)

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
Chibi, you just made me waste a ton of tears!
Silly x42, I'm still going to visit once in a while when I have the time, I was stating in that thread that I'll be gone mosto f the time, and I can't like write anymore articles or anything. If I see a demanding thread, I'll post. Silly x42!(not in the gay way of saying silly)

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ShKooZbI
another helpfull hint is always have a few necromances and statues cause the necros have skeletons which alwasy help in a battle and the statues r cool and replenish mana and health.