banshee?

what do you think about them?
are they worth massing in team games?
curse, anti magic shell, possesion?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Posseion is kinda cool when you have a creeping team. Suddenly the enemy attacks you, use banshees to posses some stronger units.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
banshees require lots of micro to use,they too hard for me

WHOOOOO 400 post

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Banshees are esentials the most useless caster in the game. all other casters have amazing initiate spells, like fairie fire, spirit link, purge, sentry wards, roar, raise dead, heal and slow. wow curse is a spell that pretty much relies on luck.
Anti-magic shell is worthless. it blocks out 300 magic damage. That is next to useless, since almost all spell damage has a secondsary effect to it which AMS ignores, caster attacks does to little to wast 75 mana, and flying units do to much damage for it to be effective. useless
Possession is useless. anyone with half a brain can see and kill the banshee. the cast time is way to long, and the range is way to short. and they receive 166% extra damage? all units kill it in like 2 shots without that multiplier. its ludacris and the banshee is so expensiive for the useless spells.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
heh i like to use posses in 4v4. ofcourse your team is prolly dead by the time u tech to it, but if not its fun to posses all the creeps untill you goto battle, then use the remainder of them to posses the enemy.

if you can pull it off its actually a great spell vs tauren though, on the other hand it sux cuase, it like what a tier 3 spell?

+ she doesnt have enough mana to cast intially (her mana has to generate), and you cant even have her other spell on auto cast cuase it will suck up all the mana = no posses

Reaction score
maybe not massing banshees is a good idea but getting 2-3 for possess of taurens =thx

and curse isnt that bad of a spell 33% chance to miss? you got a dh on your team then he'd be nearly unstoppable

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
2-3 wont possess anything, cause banshees gettargeted to qucikly becasue everyone know and u need mana to get it casted so u need stateus to sti and heal them. waste of time and gold

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score

33% curse isnt luck. 10~20% is more likely luck

eitherway, Yea banshees are pretty much useless, they should change anti magic shell to spell immunity for 15 or 20 seconds instead.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
lol didnt think about that 33%, could you imagine with a high leveled panda, and even the addition of a dreadlord?

omg teh hax, the enemies army would miss almost 100% of the time, and if you had dreadlord, if they could hit you they would be doing reduced damage.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Banshees can be good, if you use them right. You have to get to tier 3 for them to be any good because you need possession. Curse is a great spell because it makes your enemy miss a lot! Their AMS could be a little better, but possession rocks. You can possess the enemy's meat shield, as long as they can be. You can even possess a wisp and build NE heroes. I've done it before. It's hilarious!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tweedle Ash
Banshees can be good, if you use them right. You have to get to tier 3 for them to be any good because you need possession. Curse is a great spell because it makes your enemy miss a lot! Their AMS could be a little better, but possession rocks. You can possess the enemy's meat shield, as long as they can be. You can even possess a wisp and build NE heroes. I've done it before. It's hilarious!
I already explained why possession is useless, no one likes to actualy read they just look at the title and maybe the first post, and post. and if u have the time to spend building a NE hero the game is already yours, so that isn't a valid point in a real game. AMWS is completely useless in the sense that it costs 75 mana to block out one-two attacfks and cant even block other effects. THEY killed the banshee.

curse is the banshee best spell but it is shadowed in comparison to other initiate psless and it is still luck. u can not count on them missing, like u can count on the fact that FF gives vision and reduces 5 armor or u cant count on it like u can count on reducing a units speed.

Reaction score
dude the only thing that really owns banshees when they're in posess state is range units, i believe banshees have the range to possess behind your melee to their melee.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AHappyChineseBoy
dude the only thing that really owns banshees when they're in posess state is range units, i believe banshees have the range to possess behind your melee to their melee.
banshees need to move in beside the meele, or even closer to get the target they want.

septoiD2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.war3forums.net
just bring 1-2 with you just for the curse, 1/3 shots from one of their units are MISSED, doyou get it? its like a level 1.5 evasion on all of your own units, and its worth the cost, but dont bother researching adept or master, they're not worth it.

L

Liff

I am still playing RoC. But anyway my idea for banshee's is 2v2, and to team up with humans.

Get the sorceress to cast invis on your group of banshee's sneak up on your enemy and just start casting posse like crazy.

Anyway I know they die quick but if you catch them off guard it won't really matter that much.

I have tried it out yet but I plan to so what do you guys think?

Reaction score
sounds badass man ^_^ never really thought about it. But I wouldn't rely on it to much if I were you

eat_ma_shorts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
banshees are useful when u have about 2 of them in your army curse is better than you think and possessing sometimes work when there is only a few banshees because the enemy might not notice

they still suck they are prolly the worst and the most unused unit in the ud

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by eat_ma_shorts
banshees are useful when u have about 2 of them in your army curse is better than you think and possessing sometimes work when there is only a few banshees because the enemy might not notice

they still suck they are prolly the worst and the most unused unit in the ud
they are one of the most useless units in the game, let alone the undead army

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can ur banshee and the enemy banshee possess each other at the same time?
(You end up with the enemy's banshee, and they end up with yours?)