U~6th acolyte ??

You-iN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
WWW.CLANAOF.TK
6th acolyte ??

I have seen many replays and many good players use a sixth aco in addition to their gold acos. For as long as I've played, I've always thought it was a waste of early game gold. But lately, I have been thinking about it; is it not true that it saves about 200 gold for a 20 minute game in summoning? And also, couldn't this extra aco be used for trapping harassing heroes? Lastly, this extra aco can set up an expo, without taking the time to buy another aco.

Anyhow, I am asking isn't all of that true? And if so, that's a hell-load of extra stuff for just 75 gold, right?

Reaction score
I use to have the same question when i was starting off, and I use to do it. but I realized that the 75 gold is MUCH needed. and the supply limit is needed to so I said nah dont get it. but maybe if you have enough supply then you should get it, i dont get it because my supply balances out evenly.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I always have a 6th aco as my sort of "start out builder", then I expo w/ it.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
To me, no point, since Acos go round raising their hands until stuff pops up and while it's building they go back to mining. All in all, you waste about 5 seconds summoning and in that 5 seconds you can summon maybe 10 gold. Not worth it.

In the long term, maybe, since you sacrifice it into a Shade. But I don't like the idea.

If needed, one can rally the starting Acos to another place, summon and instantly go to gold.

Lone_Wolf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how bout if a gosu harasser comes and kills one of your acols while your teching?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You dont let them kill ur acolyte.

A 6th acolyte is a waste in my oppinion. 75 gold is much needed early. and an acolte doesnt even require much effort to build buildings. A frost tower is a better solution to stopping the loss of an colyte mining than running in ur 6th to take the place

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i use a 6th aco later when u about to get tier2

Suyeda

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have recently grew very interested in Warcraft III: TFT. I have played maybe 15 games now, total. Playing Undead, I had always made a 6th acolyte, but the more and more I played with the Undead race, I have found that the 6th acolyte is such a waste in the mere begining of the game, later on; sure, it could be usefull. Though earlier in the game I usually find my acolyte just standing around, doing nothing. So, IMO, the 6th acolyte in early games is a waste of that 75 gold and food.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Its really a matter of taist. It does set you back a little, but it makes scouting early on a bit easier. If your a recon freak and are willing to pay the 75 gold for early scouting and then saving a tad bit of gold making buildings later on... then yeah, go for it.

gevorgkhc

I'm a pirate stfu
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
not worth it, PERIOD! well, IMO. it is a total waste in early game gold. maybe in tier 2, it's ok, but I don't reccommend it in tier 1.

AxeMurderer

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i build a 6th aco after i creep an expansion.. which usually happens to be after i upgrade my halls of the dead

oh and gevorgkhc.. stop crying.