This forum sucks for many reasons

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
One of those reasons is that here, this news item went unoticed for many hours. But its alright, I'm here to help.

So, assuming those images are real...

Behold!

Original images:

Original thread: http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?FN=sc-general&T=209320&P=1

The DT translation is cut off. It should be:

"Dark Templar: ****ing Dark Templar. The second game was over in exactly 15 minutes when a German leaped in with three invisible Dark Templars in my base and cleaned up most of it. I had not yet managed to build any Overseer, which can discover invisible units."

Viking: Correct except for that the Swedish version would be more correctly translated to "aeroplane" instead of "fighter". There is no indication of that its role is a fighter plane.

I like the concept of the Viking, bulky dirty Terran engineering.

EDIT: The translation of the sensor dome caption is correct. I would translate it in almost exactly the same way.

The Sensor Dome could just be the new ComSat, though the description makes it sound like you can see all enemy forces on your minimap. If that's the case, I wonder if it's persistent or if it costs energy to send out a kind of pulse that reveals everything for a short time. In a way, I think something like this would serve to make Hallucination a more effective spell for diversions.

I'm disapointed by the new look of the Dark Templars. They used to be half-naked, with a cape, like some sort of third-world soldier. Now they have a new sleek look, with a nifty new armor. Not the same charm, really.

The Planetary Defence upgrade is probably a stationary equivalent to the Protoss Mothership. Thinking of it, Terrans could now take over new mineral patchs quite easely with this. Build a CC in your base, fly it over there, upgrade the Planetary Defence, and then you're set.

and behold, a marine... without a shield!

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
is that a mech i see there?
IM IN LOVE

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
VIKING TRANSFORMS?

edit: i read the updated pics

i came

L

Laharl

Interesting, but meh. Not so much.

Blizzard tries to hard to show little.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i dont get why they get the info first :(

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
well its nie to haev the SD go underground. its would help a lot expecially island maps.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The ghost looks like Mr.Incredible.

Marine looks good, DT and HY don't. Twilight is nice. Command center is wtf gay, supply depots are awesome. If "Thor" turns out to only attack ground units, it should be awesome. With Goliath having the air covered and Thor heavy ground mechs for Terrans will be awesome. In addition to a Viking which flies and transforms. I'm still hoping for some more infantry and starships.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Twilight Archon is the merge of two Dark Templars?

NOOOOOOOOOO! I want Dark Archon damnit!

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Karune already stated they are ALL playable in the game, but are subject to change.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
why cant blizzcon be now :(

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Karune has also gone on to say that THOR is not a super unit, it CAN build more than one, and leading them to attack a base alone is a terribly unwise move.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
It looks like it'll be heay artillery with loads of hit points, so probably loads of damage and probably splash but a very slow movement and firing rate.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
so still no know super unit

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, let's try logic: Protoss always had the big weapons, zerg always had the big numbers, and terran always were in the middle.

I guess we could say Protoss get their mothership, zerg will get loads of a unit that will have the same effect has a mothership, and terrans might get some ammount of a strong unit, such as Thor.

Who knows?

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, like I said, the Planetary Defence system might be the equivalent of a superweapon. Some sort of super building, which, coupled with the CC ability to fly around, would make it very easy for terrans to expend.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It'll probably just boil down to being a main building which can attack and defend itself, similar to the UD in WCIII.