Thinking about WoW

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Okay, I have been thinking about getting WoW, and I've looked at all the races and classes and I just can't decide. I think I might like to be a Hunter, but I want to be either Undead, Human, or Night Elf. I don't want to be an overplayed class or a class that everyone hates in PvP (such as Paladin) since I think I would prefer to play a PvP server.

I don't want to be a Healer of any type, and not a Warrior. I think I would like to be a Mage or Hunter....what would you guys recommend? Thanks.

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I suggest mage, it turns out when you get to a high level hunter... no one wants to group with you.

JLAH

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well IMO rogues are fun and can be really annoying, which is fun if youre a rogue but its not fun if youre the low level trying to do a quest in lakeshire and this lvl 60 rogue kills and camps your corpse...
My main is a pally lvl 28, and its been really fun, people always say pallys are boring but its been great for me. Depends on what you wanna be doing, there are classes that you can easily solo, and others that work better when on groups, and even when you already picked a class you have to choose the talents that go more with your play style, so i would say, do what i did try a few and see which one you like the most also reading the manual or WoW website might help.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Well, I haven't gotten it yet, so I can't read the manual. Meh, I would prefer not to be a mage clas, so I dunno. Shaman sounds good, but I REALLY don't want to be a troll, and I guess I could live with Tauren, but I would prefer Human or something...Meh.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zaku said:
I suggest mage, it turns out when you get to a high level hunter... no one wants to group with you.
same with rogues in higher level instances.. well so ive heard.

mages are fun and can make their own food and drink.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Hm, is it anything like Diablo 2? From what I've heard it seems similar to D2...

Stryder

Reaction score
drax said:
Hm, is it anything like Diablo 2? From what I've heard it seems similar to D2...
Totally different, Mage is way more fun in WoW.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
drax said:
you cant compare most MMORPGs with D2, D2 is just... selfexplainatory.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Okay, well when I said that I meant like, in terms of building up certain skills.

Stryder

Reaction score
drax said:
Okay, well when I said that I meant like, in terms of building up certain skills.
With talents, quite bit of possibilities you can go for your classes, try the game out, if you don't like it don't play it, but overall very good game, and you know Blizzard.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Okay, thanks all...

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Hehe, thanks Samsara. Don't know when (or if) I'll ever get it but I definately want to!

Edit: At the moment I have no computer that could run it. My one computer is an iMac (yes, I know it sucks, but my parents got it), and the one I am using now can't have games and has a terrible internet connection anyway.

So, anyone know of a site that has computers pretty good for running this? I have about $400 but I would like to spend as little as possible. It needs to have:
1) Enough specs to run this and other games/applications fairly smoothly.
2) A good modem (I use dial-up at my house)

That's it. Oh, also, I wouldn't mind assembling it myself, but I have never done something like that so it would have to be fairly simple to do, as well as have instructions even a dumbass like me could understand. Thank you, that is all. :p

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Sorry for double post, but it won't be towards the top (where people actually notice it) if I just edited my post.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
I'm not so sure about macs and such so your best bet would be to get on your knees and beg your parents to get you a PC. Any amount of chores is worth the time you will spend on WoW

Oh and Dial-up isnt an issue as long as you play on a server that is near your location.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, but do you know somewhere I can buy a decent PC for playing this for under $400/as little as possible?