The Slaughter Mixtape -- LBS

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
So my mixtapes done. Cop a listen here or here

Yeah, it's rap. Get over it. There's a little special verse in there about my pal Jafar himself in there too somewhere. See if you can find it.

And even if you think it sucks, or think it's stupid, or whatever, I don't give a ****. Let's see you do some **** like this.

Oh and uhhh, it's pretty baller. :acclaim

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
"**** It".

Listen to it ;)

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
My thoughts:

Transition Intro -> Always Smiling was kinda abrupt. I was kinda expecting a climax into the first beat of Always Smiling.

+1 on the Dark Knight sample

Ditto transition Always Smiling -> How We Roll. Maybe a bit more fade out/fade in or a slightly bigger track gap? Funny lyrics on this one though.

I think Don't Lose Focus was my fav track.

Cutoff "Dumb" at the end of Ballin'.

The little synth noise throughout The Way I Do It kinda pissed me off.

Was the last verse of **** It the bit about Jakar? Cause if so LOL.

Throwing Shots was quite good too. Wasn't a huge fan of the hidden track though. Distorted voice doesn't do it for me.

All in all I'd say it was pretty good. Definitely better than anything I could of done, but then again I don't rap.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
My thoughts:

Transition Intro -> Always Smiling was kinda abrupt. I was kinda expecting a climax into the first beat of Always Smiling.

+1 on the Dark Knight sample

Ditto transition Always Smiling -> How We Roll. Maybe a bit more fade out/fade in or a slightly bigger track gap? Funny lyrics on this one though.

I think Don't Lose Focus was my fav track.

Cutoff "Dumb" at the end of Ballin'.

The little synth noise throughout The Way I Do It kinda pissed me off.

Was the last verse of **** It the bit about Jakar? Cause if so LOL.

Throwing Shots was quite good too. Wasn't a huge fan of the hidden track though. Distorted voice doesn't do it for me.

All in all I'd say it was pretty good. Definitely better than anything I could of done, but then again I don't rap.
For the record, the "hidden track" was one of our first tracks we did as LBS that people seem to love for some reason. I can't for the life of me figure out why so many people around here think it's awesome, but who knows. And yeah, my verse on **** It was about, sorta, Jakar. But hey, thanks for listening and what not.

And yeah, provided I had more time (was getting hounded by a few people to get it out last night) the thing woulda been better fit. We had about 4-6 phone messages from some of our close friends just being drunk as **** rambling about us we were gonna put as interludes, and a few other things we wern't able to do, but all and all I think it turned out decent.

And uh, at the end of Ballin' I actually say "**** it, this songs done", not dumb. But then again, everyone I've talked to that heard it all thought I said dumb as well.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Why be drunk when trying to record? That just screams ****ing retarded to me.
Because recording the same 45 second verse 100 times over and over and over until it sounds decently well is a pain in the ass. It's a lot easier to do it (for me at least) when I'm pretty drunk. Loosens you up a lot and the lyrics flow a lot better.

Cause when you're recording you're reading your lyric sheet/book/whatever and going line for line, but when you're trying to do an entire verse in one take it's a lot harder to get through the entire thing the more you think about it. The more drunk you are, the less you think about it and the more it just kinda flows. + you ad lib a lot of it and it sounds a lot better than you had originally had it written.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Yeah, everybody sings/raps when they're drunk.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
Liar ;)
I will listen after work.

I sing when I'm drunk. I sing on the bus, I sing to strangers, I sing to animals.
I'm a ****ing weirdo. Just ask the strangers.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
You're the creepy guy that makes everyone uncomfortable after your second beer arnt you?