The Perfect 1.11b PvM Hammerdin Guide:

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
The Perfect 1.12 PvM Hammerdin Guide:

The Hammerdin, in Diablo 2 is the most verstile and one of the most powerful character builds out there.

It attacks with magical damage, (which few are immune to) with the right gear (see below) can do tons of damage, while weathering massive amounts of damage.

As mentioned, with the right gear, a Hammerdin can teleport around areas very quickly, making this build a great and quick way to do rushes, and magic find.

With a properly geared merc, this character is vertually unstopable.

Gear:
Helm - Shako (Ber)
Armor - Enigma Arcon Plate
Belt - Arachnid Mesh
Boots - Eth Sandstorm Treks / War Travelers (MF)
Gloves - Magefist
Shield - Herald of Zakarum (Um)
Weapon - Heart of the Oak Runeword
Rings - Stone of Jordan / Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Amulet - Mara's Kaleidoscope

Weapon2 - Call to Arms Runeword (6BO)
Shield2 - Spirit Monarch (35% FCR with + HS Mod)

Skills: (Based off lvl 90)

COMBAT SKILLS:
Smite - 1
Holy Bolt - 1
Charge - 1
Blessed Hammers - 20 (Main Attack skill)
Holy Shield - 5 (After + skills will be fine)

OFFENSIVE AURAS:
Might - 1
Blessed Aim - 20
Concentration - 20 (Main Aura)

DEFENSIVE AURAS:
Prayer - 1
Defiance - 10 (Synergy to Holy Shield/extra go here)
Cleasing - 1
Vigor - 20
Redemption - 1 (Use to regen life/mana)

You may be asking why only 5 into Holy shield and rest into the synergy ... well the answer is simple. Plus skill gear does not add to synergies of the skill, only to the skill itself.

With enough plus skill gear, you can potentually get your holy shield maxed, while at the same time beefing up your Hammerdins defense, making it that much harder to have him get hit.

Stats: (based on perfect gear)
Before adding in gear & Charms
Strength - 76
Dex - 95
Life - Rest
Energy - none

My advice would be to wait till clvl 75 (when Hellfire torch is activated) to use your stats.
I would put 65 into strength as you level early on to be able to wear Sigon Set, but, no more, in case you do have charms that add to strength. As for dex, while you are leveling try to keep it about 50% black rate, (with Holy Shield active) after skills this will be boosted hightly.

76 Strength is needed to have with perfect gear to use Spirit Monarach Shield on switch.
If you have charms that add to strength, of course minus from the strength given.

95 Dexterity is needed to have max block percentage (of 75%) at lvl 90 with 130+ Dex off of gear.

This will allow you to spend as little amount of points into your stats to maximize your life

Charms: (Perfect)
Palladin Hellfire Torch
Annihilus
9x Combat/Life
Rest is life Small Charms

Mercinary:
Act 2 Nightmare Defensive
Aura - Holy Freeze

Helm - Andariel Visage (Ral)
Armor - Arcon / Dusk Shoud Fortitude Runeword
Weapon - Cryptic Axe Insight Runeword

I will edit later with tips, tricks and alternate gear.

questions/comments ... I welcome all.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather max holyshield rather than put points into defiance (more pts into holyshield = ++ block rate, meaning less stats into dex)

sounds like a build that everyone knows nowadays tho... =o

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
With the skill lvl at 5 for Holy shield you will reach 20 with the normal everyday gear, and on top of it get the synergy bonus as well to add to the def rate, which in turn, makes the % to get hit lower then what you would have if you maxed the shield.

Also with 95 into Dex, you WILL have max block % at 90+ without haveing that much dumped into it.

By pumping HS and not the synergy your missing out on a lot of +def, which of course, does not apply if you do so, and the + skills from gear will compensate.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Put dysenching tips :O.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
With the skill lvl at 5 for Holy shield you will reach 20 with the normal everyday gear, and on top of it get the synergy bonus as well to add to the def rate, which in turn, makes the % to get hit lower then what you would have if you maxed the shield.

Also with 95 into Dex, you WILL have max block % at 90+ without haveing that much dumped into it.

By pumping HS and not the synergy your missing out on a lot of +def, which of course, does not apply if you do so, and the + skills from gear will compensate.
Well, I use defiance aura merc instead of holy freeze, so that kinda compensated def for my build...

and what dysennching sword tip?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
^LOL @ teh newb

Seriously it's using charge to glitch your hammers. They are actually one place when they appear other places to your oppmenets.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Put dysenching tips :O.
That's more of a PvP thing, which I am no master at, so I will leave this up to others to describe it.

As to adding tips and ect. I will add all once I am done writting it all up.

Anyways, someone try this, it's beginning of ladder so what do you have to lose right. Trust me the build is worth it.

Zoltar

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much exactly what my hammerdian is like.
Very well put together guide.

I will put it in the sitcky. Thanks for the contribution Horsey.

Do you want to claim your points?

Davemeister

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I hope you're not wasting stat points just for strength to hold the spirit monarch. he's a paladin. he can use low-level low-str paladin shields to make a spirit. only the other classes are limited to using a monarch (or aegis if you're nuts) to make a spirit shield.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i really figured something different would be here, but i was wrong :S

btw, for pvm, wizzy pwns the hell out of hoto