The horrible decision looms near

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
So the more Mutex (my GM) sees how well I heal on our noshow Paladin's characters, the more they're considering taking me on as part of our healing core, despite their initial reservations because I'm one of our best DPSers. (Since respec'ing, I've consistantly been in the top 3 slots of our DPS charts in 10 & 25-man raids)

Thus the horrible decision I've dreaded comes up, do I make my up and coming Paladin my new main?

Honestly I really really don't want to go through the horrible nightmare of gearing her up, getting her faction, and getting her keyed, but the more we get ****ed over by just healers not showing up, or getting arrested, etc, the more and more I wish I could do something about it with my own account.

I guess the smart thing would be keeping my Mage my main, and finish leveling my Paladin up to 70, using her as a backup only when healers are needed. Just seems like the guild's already depending on me from time to time to fill in spots of absent members. Yeah I guess we could recruit more healers, but the problem, recruiting competant healers. :-/

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Do you guys know what test runs are? Go to an heroic, and do it like it was deadmines. Yeah, you'll probably pay plenty in repair bills, but at least you'll know if the healer's worth it.

As for your dilema, why don't you play what you like the most? It seems they're counting way too much on you mate. It's just a game, remember that.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
This is why I refuse to make a class that can heal past 40. Or a tanking class past 40. Cause I know that my skill people will go "damnit, don't use your mage for DPS, we're short on healers" and I'll be ****ing pissed.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Seriously Sean, your guild as good as they're supposed to be, always sounds like they're completely lacking. I mean come on..it's sad that when you do raids you have to have guildies log onto other guildies accounts just to do them. ****ing whip your GM into shape and make him run the guild better imo.

Pie

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Either stick with your mage, or alternate between the two. Or better yet, gear the piss out of your mage, and while you wait for everyone else to gear up, load your pally with some epics as well. I would personally just alternate around depending on whats needed in the raid (assuming that means you aren't always needed on your pally), because playing one role in every raid, every night, in the same 2 or 3 instances, on the same bosses, is really ****ing boring.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Firstly, both of your signature images have listed the most retarded stats. I hope you realise this.

Secondly, your mage is so ****ing geared that you really needn't worry about him. You said yourself you love healing (On a geared paladin at least). Do what you want to do, or are you afraid you may have to hang up your mage for a long time?

As far as getting Sasha geared, you have Sheli and myself ready to help you out. No sweat.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Seriously Sean, your guild as good as they're supposed to be, always sounds like they're completely lacking. I mean come on..it's sad that when you do raids you have to have guildies log onto other guildies accounts just to do them. ****ing whip your GM into shape and make him run the guild better imo.
Have you EVER ****ing raided? Seriously. Even the top guilds on the world sometimes switch people up with different accounts. It's not that uncommon of a thing to do. If you're running a 10 man, and you just don't have enough heals for a boss, and someone that's doing DPS could be moved to healing, and you have another healer ready to go, but the person there to play isn't there for whatever reason, the DPS logs onto the healers account and heals. We did that shit ALL the time in Disorder, there was literally 15 of us that all knew each others account/pw combo as a just in case.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Firstly, both of your signature images have listed the most retarded stats. I hope you realise this.
What are ya talking about? He has 142 RAP skills! That's a nigga Blood Elf, nigga!

--Edit--

Now that I'm home (was with my family for Easter), I'll make a .gif for my gnaem, both mage and tank skills.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Either stick with your mage, or alternate between the two. Or better yet, gear the piss out of your mage, and while you wait for everyone else to gear up, load your pally with some epics as well. I would personally just alternate around depending on whats needed in the raid (assuming that means you aren't always needed on your pally), because playing one role in every raid, every night, in the same 2 or 3 instances, on the same bosses, is really ****ing boring.
Yeah, guess I'm probably going to end up doing that. I just hate the idea of running 5000 more Shadow Labs/Shattered Halls/Arcatraz/Black Morass to get Revered rep with everyone again.

**** you Blizzard!

I'm trying, the guy does his best, it's like just during the last week all of this shit's been happening all of a sudden, hence why I've got Sasha like 20 levels in under a week. Lack of raiding. :(

This is why I refuse to make a class that can heal past 40. Or a tanking class past 40. Cause I know that my skill people will go "damnit, don't use your mage for DPS, we're short on healers" and I'll be ****ing pissed.
It's just difficult when all I ****ing wanna do is raid, and we're getting ****ed over by people randomly deciding not to show the **** up. I shouldn't be having this kind of decision to make to begin with. :-/
What are ya talking about? He has 142 RAP skills! That's a nigga Blood Elf, nigga!

--Edit--

Now that I'm home (was with my family for Easter), I'll make a .gif for my gnaem, both mage and tank skills.
Werd up! Don't let that nigga-Kit hold ya down dawg!

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Seannnn.... Use the mana.... And run.... Run to the swamp of sorrows... There your answer lies.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
So the more Mutex (my GM) sees how well I heal on our noshow Paladin's characters, the more they're considering taking me on as part of our healing core, despite their initial reservations because I'm one of our best DPSers. (Since respec'ing, I've consistantly been in the top 3 slots of our DPS charts in 10 & 25-man raids)

Thus the horrible decision I've dreaded comes up, do I make my up and coming Paladin my new main?

Honestly I really really don't want to go through the horrible nightmare of gearing her up, getting her faction, and getting her keyed, but the more we get ****ed over by just healers not showing up, or getting arrested, etc, the more and more I wish I could do something about it with my own account.

I guess the smart thing would be keeping my Mage my main, and finish leveling my Paladin up to 70, using her as a backup only when healers are needed. Just seems like the guild's already depending on me from time to time to fill in spots of absent members. Yeah I guess we could recruit more healers, but the problem, recruiting competant healers. :-/

god no dont play paladin main

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Then transfer. Problem solved.

If you aren't on any of the original 30 or so servers then you're more than likely bound to stuck in a server where the population is 70% rerollers that couldn't get a guild on their home server due to suckiness or lack of dedication, 20% New players who bought WoW at the time, and 10% Players who are in a guild that decided to move on over as a guild due to latency on their home server.

Don't tell me that a Hunter/Rogue can't get into any guild they want because of population disparities because WoW is skill-based to a degree where you can time off heals/dps-rotations/tanking. A good friend of mine, Lrnec (Sakuhta) was in mix tier 1 with an MC Dagger and an AQ Pugio. He joined Zao's guild briefly (Highest in terms of progression on Skullcrusher) and massacred the other rogues in terms of raw damage.

Scyrina (Khull) plays a hunter who was badly geared for a long time in my guild yet he topped damage for our Kara groups without even showing up on KTM and now that he has gear, the margin only widens.

Bluntly: either you suck, your guild sucks, your guild leader sucks or your server sucks. But YOU have the option to change something.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Then work your way to a better guild. A good friend of mine, Corkie (Gnome Rogue), got invited to an AQ40 guild by the time he was level 52 for being well known as a skilled rogue.

If it's such an issue then talk to your guild/raid leaders about the idea of transferring to another server as a guild if your current server won't let you progress.