The DotA Thread! [Basic Strats and Hero/Item talk]

wcftpro

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
It's not so bad because Lucifer would give up true offensive power by going Aggys. Sure lvl 16 scepter doom is 1600ish hp, that can be effective, but his other nukes are weak and being able to run fast/chase is pointless now that you give up damage/leech/etc. Then again doom is all he's really got going for him other than speedy farming. IMO he's pretty useless after level 11 other than that fairly long silence.

Warlock makes and breaks games. He's insane support, insane push, and insane damage and that huge aoe stun rocks. I'm thinking he'll be hitting league soon.

Troll is mediocre. Shallow grave is pretty sweet.

Geomancer sounds awesone, but when you boil down to it he's pretty weak. His stat growth is bad, sniper bad, and he doesn't pack much of a punch without all of his images helping him. Poof isn't effective damaging, but it has speedy transportation. Honestly, though, it's not worth more than one point. His net is good, great if you're good enough to micro all clones and keep them perma net. His passive slow isn't too bad, but if you're any good they shouldn't leave net. I can see Geo doing okay early on if you skip lvl 6 to about lvl 8-9 and build net/stats and keep pumping your stat skill so they have adequate HP by the time you bring out clones. Honestly, though, because of his bad stat growth and being an agility hero his clones hurt him more than help since they don't benefit from stat items or boosters.

Mek will heal but the others are pretty useless. Sure, you'll have additional armor that might help against some melee heroes, but vladimirs sounds good, but the overall leech your images and you will get won't make up for their low HP, not to mention they low base damage which won't have you leeching much at all. No items increase all their stats except for auras.

Area of effect and competent players can trash a Geo anyday. Alls they need to do is pick a clone and unload. Hell, Slayer can two shot possibly one shot a clone WITH pumped stats skill. Alls you can really do is have your clones try to creep neutrals while you focus on your main lane. I'm just waiting for them to either make Geo a strength hero with a little better stat growth or allow stat/hp items have a 50% or 25% effectiveness on clones.

Meepo normally outlvl people at lvl 6 . The clone and the real meepo should stay in different lane or rather 1 is farming neutral creep another one leeching experience in lane . This will definitely allow meepo to out lvl other hero since the hero is able to leech 2 experience at once . Going strenght thread will give ur clone 13+ strenght . Build for meepo , str thread , mekansm , blink dagger , pipe of insight , vlamdir offering and heart . All this will definitely boost meepo survivbility . However in engagement , u need to have good micro to micro the dying meepo . Overall , its is not as bad as u think .

rifles

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
My favorite hero is techies.Can become supporter,attacker,push lanes,self protection skill,with new item (Force staff),gem is nothing to me.It's almost invincible for me .

yea meepo is a strong here if u know how to play with him
its cool for wood
yeah,but if early game face with high damage spell like lina or lion.GGed

lennoj43

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I also like him but..
when i fought him with other player
Id use gem and then the bomb does not work to me^^

Azreall

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Yap meepoo is very strong with his poof but then again he is food from heroes with super nukes like lion,lina or lich

Edit: LInks are dead in the front page