The DotA Thread! [Basic Strats and Hero/Item talk]

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Random stun length up to 5 Seconds. Who wouldn't?

Even other types of heroes need Skadi. For instance, Kardel. Kardel just plain sucks without it and Lothars and Buriza. You can Headshot and Slow the person, what a mix.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I hate everyone who gets SY for EVERY Str/Agil hero including Naga Siren (yes micro.micro /callout) :mad:!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Random stun length up to 5 Seconds. Who wouldn't?

Even other types of heroes need Skadi. For instance, Kardel. Kardel just plain sucks without it and Lothars and Buriza. You can Headshot and Slow the person, what a mix.
Not really random, but you can aim just about any hero from the middle lane after pushing the first 2 towers and get a 5-second stun, making the next few seconds very fun to watch. :p*

ChrisH36

Reaction score
5 Seconds is a long time in Dota. Espeically if your hero gets stunned during a 3on1.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Yes, it can certainly mean life or death.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Then again, 5 second stun anything can mean life and death. Especially the statis traps from the Techies.

Jenny!

Public Relations ADDministrator
Reaction score
New heroes are out and they suck.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
* Added Lucifer to Aghanim's Scepter
ewwww

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
I thought the Priestess of the Moon was pretty cool.

The Warlock is absolute -wtf lagginess, too.*
Not those heroes, the Geomancer and the Shadow Priest.

And Jenny, I disagree. I like the Geomancer, he packs a powerful punch. The key is to rely on items that increases all of their stats, such as headdress, RoB, mek, vladmir's... etc.

Jenny!

Public Relations ADDministrator
Reaction score
* Added Lucifer to Aghanim's Scepter
ewwww
It's not so bad because Lucifer would give up true offensive power by going Aggys. Sure lvl 16 scepter doom is 1600ish hp, that can be effective, but his other nukes are weak and being able to run fast/chase is pointless now that you give up damage/leech/etc. Then again doom is all he's really got going for him other than speedy farming. IMO he's pretty useless after level 11 other than that fairly long silence.

I thought the Priestess of the Moon was pretty cool.

The Warlock is absolute -wtf lagginess, too.*
Warlock makes and breaks games. He's insane support, insane push, and insane damage and that huge aoe stun rocks. I'm thinking he'll be hitting league soon.
And Jenny, I disagree. I like the Geomancer, he packs a powerful punch. The key is to rely on items that increases all of their stats, such as headdress, RoB, mek, vladmir's... etc.
Troll is mediocre. Shallow grave is pretty sweet.

Geomancer sounds awesone, but when you boil down to it he's pretty weak. His stat growth is bad, sniper bad, and he doesn't pack much of a punch without all of his images helping him. Poof isn't effective damaging, but it has speedy transportation. Honestly, though, it's not worth more than one point. His net is good, great if you're good enough to micro all clones and keep them perma net. His passive slow isn't too bad, but if you're any good they shouldn't leave net. I can see Geo doing okay early on if you skip lvl 6 to about lvl 8-9 and build net/stats and keep pumping your stat skill so they have adequate HP by the time you bring out clones. Honestly, though, because of his bad stat growth and being an agility hero his clones hurt him more than help since they don't benefit from stat items or boosters.

Mek will heal but the others are pretty useless. Sure, you'll have additional armor that might help against some melee heroes, but vladimirs sounds good, but the overall leech your images and you will get won't make up for their low HP, not to mention they low base damage which won't have you leeching much at all. No items increase all their stats except for auras.

Area of effect and competent players can trash a Geo anyday. Alls they need to do is pick a clone and unload. Hell, Slayer can two shot possibly one shot a clone WITH pumped stats skill. Alls you can really do is have your clones try to creep neutrals while you focus on your main lane. I'm just waiting for them to either make Geo a strength hero with a little better stat growth or allow stat/hp items have a 50% or 25% effectiveness on clones.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Jenny said:
It's not so bad because Lucifer would give up true offensive power by going Aggys. Sure lvl 16 scepter doom is 1600ish hp, that can be effective, but his other nukes are weak and being able to run fast/chase is pointless now that you give up damage/leech/etc. Then again doom is all he's really got going for him other than speedy farming. IMO he's pretty useless after level 11 other than that fairly long silence.
I never really found a use for Aggy's on him. Mostly because I used doom as a finisher more than a damage causer. Or you could set Level?Doom to Level 2 for the end game. That way, you can do bonus damage to the 25s.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Troll is mediocre. Shallow grave is pretty sweet.

Geomancer sounds awesone, but when you boil down to it he's pretty weak. His stat growth is bad, sniper bad, and he doesn't pack much of a punch without all of his images helping him. Poof isn't effective damaging, but it has speedy transportation. Honestly, though, it's not worth more than one point. His net is good, great if you're good enough to micro all clones and keep them perma net. His passive slow isn't too bad, but if you're any good they shouldn't leave net. I can see Geo doing okay early on if you skip lvl 6 to about lvl 8-9 and build net/stats and keep pumping your stat skill so they have adequate HP by the time you bring out clones. Honestly, though, because of his bad stat growth and being an agility hero his clones hurt him more than help since they don't benefit from stat items or boosters.

Mek will heal but the others are pretty useless. Sure, you'll have additional armor that might help against some melee heroes, but vladimirs sounds good, but the overall leech your images and you will get won't make up for their low HP, not to mention they low base damage which won't have you leeching much at all. No items increase all their stats except for auras.

Area of effect and competent players can trash a Geo anyday. Alls they need to do is pick a clone and unload. Hell, Slayer can two shot possibly one shot a clone WITH pumped stats skill. Alls you can really do is have your clones try to creep neutrals while you focus on your main lane. I'm just waiting for them to either make Geo a strength hero with a little better stat growth or allow stat/hp items have a 50% or 25% effectiveness on clones.
Totally agree. Geomancer sucks major balls. Poof is pretty much useless, his 20% on hit slow is hardly needed, because if you ever decide to attack a hero, you'll be dead before you reach him.

Even if you buy items that increase the stats of all the images, they still all suck. At like level 11 he only has like 682hp which is like level 3 for your run of the mill strength hero.

No matter who you are and you're against a Geomancer, all you need to do is pick an image and just hit it a few times and it'll be dead. He's so ****ing useless i think i might cry. The images are beyond terrible. He's a shitty hero and i have no ****ing idea why they added a terrible hero like this. He has little to no synergy with his skills, a perma-net AND a 20% slow? Is that really necessary?

In conclusion; Geomancer sucks. If you feel like being a feeder and getting one-shotted, then sure, pick him, otherwise, stick to other heroes that can actually make a game.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
I rape with him every time I get him... =/

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, because you play pubs and face total morons who don't know squat about the game. There was one game where you were like 13-11 and that was when we played with Jeff. You kept getting thrashed by Sylla. And even in the 16-2 game, you got about 7-8 of those kills from that feeding Warlock noob, or you had some help. Greg, the only reason Geomancer ultimate owns is because it is triple damage output. And those items you mentioned won't do anything for the damage or HP of the Geomancer. Also, all his clones can only carry boots.

brucegee21

Reaction score
somewhat off the topic...

guys can you help me out? i'm a newbie.. the only character i know how to use is Yurnero the Juggernaut.. i'm more on melee heroes so can you guys help which items to use for Axe.. it'll be a big help.. thanks in advance..

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
guys can you help me out? i'm a newbie.. the only character i know how to use is Yurnero the Juggernaut.. i'm more on melee heroes so can you guys help which items to use for Axe.. it'll be a big help.. thanks in advance..
I saw this guy getting BoT, Two Vanguards, and then heart and ASsualt Curiass (he got two vanguards first) and then w/e seemed to fit in after that, (he got blademails cuz of the stunners + crit heroes on my team... otherwise he could've gotten another heart)

he was ****ing tank, and he ****ing owned :X

fairplay312

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Doesnt matter cause its 40% thats almost 1/2 of your hits thats fairly reliable to me

enix

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I only get wrath of nature at lvl 21 since I'm a support/capture/torture/teleporter/escape artist/tanking/ganking/chasing/and Pushing type user, lol